• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 has been delayed to May 19, 2015.

JayEH

The Witcher 3: "No more delays," dev promises. CD Projekt Red says, "This is not our first game; we are not newbies."

tumblr_n3ykofWl2S1r5mbvpo1_500.gif

Should follow the Kojima route of trolling us for years but at least delivering on a release date when it's set.

Wow I didn't see this. I've been on a media and news blackout for this. It does not strike me as very good. Who wants to bet we'll see a second delay. :(

So many games this year that shouldn't have been shown until they were really ready. Witcher 3, Arkham Knight. All that hype built up only to delay to 2015,then delay again.

Damm.

Devs please stop your PR departments fucking your shit up.

This is the second delay.

oti

Banned
The guy who said "No delays".
A speech bubble with that quote.
Druckmann taking a picture.

Do it GAF!

Rajang

Quite happy with that to be honest, game will be very polished upon release. And now I will be buying/playing a great game every month when I get my PS4 in February.

February: The Order 1886
March: Bloodborne, Project CARS
April: Mortal Kombat X
May: Witcher 3
June ??:
GOTY
MGSV ??

:>

curb

Banned
Good, more companies should do this, I rather they delay the game until they feel it is complete than play a broken game that needs like 3 patches to be fixed.

Agreed. I'm okay with waiting since I'd rather play a good game later than a rough game sooner but in this case, I just wish they'd pushed it back farther to begin with.

Moff

obviously, they need more time to downgrade the whole game to parity level and not just the bits in the last trailer

Hopefully they've learned a lesson about not announcing games too early. I'm ok with the delay though, there's plenty to play in the meantime.

Take all the time they need, no broken ass AAA games in 2015 please.

Yes.

We just went through multiple high profile shit launches in rather rapid succession (Unity, Driveclub, MCC). If the choice is between more of that and waiting 3 months, I'll take the latter any day of the week.

Hugstable

Banned
WHy did this need to be open world? Why does everything need to be open world these days. Witcher 2 was fine on it's own as it was, I wish they would have stuck to the formula they know.

Also I really hope this wasn't because of the people complaining about the graphics from the E3 trailer, because that was bullshit to be complaining about when the game wasn't even ready.

Denton

"Most anticipated" awards. Oh my...

I'm not saying the game is going to bomb. I'm saying the number of people interested in both The Order and The Witcher 3 is a tiny sub-section of gamers. A delay to one isn't going to boost sales significantly for the other. There is no "breathing a sigh of relief" going on at SCE.
Well your post didn't really read this way, but if that's what you meant then I agree.. In regards to Order. But making Bloodborne and Witcher more spread out is good for both Sony and CDP.

dex3108

For people that are telling that it is better than releasing unfinished game. CDPR did it 2/2 times for now and then released Enhanced Editions to fix it so even with delay don't get your hopes high :D

I actually felt a sense of relief, this game can only be better by that time.

Well, I started reading Last Wish few days ago. Then there are seven more books to read and Witcher 2 to replay.

And now I actually have a chance to make it all in time!

Still, some screaming internally is present.
But I admire their dedication to make this as polished as possible. After all, best things are hard as fuck to make. Plus with may release, they have a bigger chance at media GOTYs.

I ploughed through all 7 books in a span of 1 month, and that was kinda slow. Replaying TW2 3 or 4 times and you will be set.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Quite happy with that to be honest, game will be very polished upon release. And now I will be buying/playing a great game every month when I get my PS4 in February.

June ??:
GOTY
MGSV ??

Arkham Knight in June and yes, it will be GOTY. :)

this game is going to be a total mess by the time it comes out isn't it :(

Miyamoto quote incoming.

Grief.exe

June ??:
GOTY
MGSV ??

I have more must-have releases on my list in January than your first 6 months...wallet going to be hurting.

JayEH

Starting to think a simultaneous console release isn't the best right now. Seems like they're having enough trouble with PC as it is. Be prepared for 900p on PS4 lol.

So they announced the 2015 delay way back in March of this year and then it took them another 3 months to announce the February date. Now they're pushing it back 3 additional months.

If the insider dude is right and they've been crunching hardbody for a year and still need an additional 3 months of super crunching to get the game to where they want it then this game has had some major issues.

Sounds like development isn't going too well. This is the second time this game gets delayed, no? We also have those comments from the insider a couple of months ago.

Doesn't sound good. I hope CDPR can turn things around. That PR will haunt them for a long time, though.

Nestunt

One delay is fine, but in what kind of trouble they are when they need another 3 more months?

I kinda see your point

but maybe, we are being a bit disingenuous about game development lately because of the barrage of sequels we have been getting on a yearly or 2,3 year cycles that do little in terms of evoultion

we are always complaining about how games feel very similar to previous iterations. Maybe they are indeed trying some evolution. And that takes time

We will see

I'm actually glad both Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 were delayed. February was getting clogged and this spreads out the fun a lot better.

Frustrating but if it helps avoid another Assassins Creed or Halo then take the time. Dragon Age got delayed and I think it was much better for it.

Top Bottom