• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The XBoxOne will be near silent. And the PS4??

Status
Not open for further replies.

partime

The Xbox One looks MASSIVE in person. That is not including the unknown power brick that's attached. There are so many heat vents that I'd be damned if it didn't make at least a mid-level wine when playing games.

The PS4 will probably be louder, as you'll actually have it switched on.

rJkn1Zr.gif

DBT85

Sorry to interrupt the high-fives, but is there any info on this yet?

We won't even have a vague idea until we see the internals. The XBONE APU will run hotter as it's larger, so should need more cooling.

Holy shit. Thats @KazHiraiCEO levels of pain

PS4 cooling system.
fan2.jpg

Likely much quieter.

That is quite definitely the PS3 cooling system. In part because the date on the file path is 20061113

Clott

I am so happy this actually happened.

And to stay on topic, I don't think we have pictures of how things looks inside, am I right?

Edit: That ether, that shit that make your soul burn slow.

Westlo

'wow . . . like . . . wow.' Y'know what I'm saying? Like, like, it just--it--it's uneasy. Y'know . . . like, I mean, me being--like, like . . .with the uh . . . it just--just--just . . . it's far, man, very vulgar."

Shai-Tan

Banned
Sorry to interrupt the high-fives, but is there any info on this yet?

nope just a lot of speculation.

OP is correct that the X1 will probably be quiet (unless the fan/pwm is bad).

we don't even know where all the intakes and fan(s) are on the ps4.

The back of the PS4 is basically one big vent. I think they'll both be significantly quieter than the early PS3 or 360 models were. Noise complaints about home consoles are a thing of the past methinks

8.8/10

Will read again
because half the people who visit this thread will quote you saying "lol first post is so gud" and it will stifle actual conversation
and now I'm part of the circlejerk but at least now I have a post to come back to, copy/paste, and post to the other 50% of gaf threads where the first three to five pages play out exactly like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom