• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There was a Tumblr-Con this weekend. It ended in disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I already dislike conventions because of the more negative aspects, just looking at these photos with their wide open floors and hotel chairs is making my skin crawl

G-Fex

Apparently this is how they kept track of the "miners" at the bdsm panel...

C4MPhNH.jpg

ibyiHy4VQQyte3.gif

I want to hear what the guys from Night Vale have to say. I want to hear their side. Could be very revealing.

The organizers of an event we were scheduled to be part of today were unable to pay for our flights, hotel, or performance fee.

We tried very hard to make this happen. We took a full break in the middle of our July tour to attend this small fan-based event. We paid for our own hotel and plane fare, and were very excited to be part of this intimate fan gathering. But after a morning of discussion, organizers were unable to pay for the costs of travel and performing.

We are disappointed that things were not worked out in a timely manner and that we could not perform for our fans.

We hope to be back in the Chicago area soon.

Thank you for your understanding. You, as fans, deserve better than this.

http://happierman.tumblr.com/post/91567505339/apologies-to-fans-in-northern-illinois

They don't really have a reason to shit on these people/ dashcon, so I think this is all we'll know....

Amir0x

Banned
It's going to end up being held in your living room, isn't it :(

images

i'd turn the entire bottom floor into a replica of one of Super Mario Bros. underwater level.

JBourne said:
I'm at the 10:00 mark and it's great. They just keep giving them money. And they love it.

Yeah, it seems the entire thing was a scam from the articles I'm reading. Shame to take advantage of these people :(

ronito

I had to stop that video after 30 seconds, and I've seen videos of grandma's taking facials. But even I have my limits

Valhelm

contribute something
So it's fucking horrendous then . Ha. Just as I imagined.

I wanted to look for more goodness on twitter and saw this

BsengdBCUAI2tGb.png

real or not who knows

This is a direct reference to the "Bronycon Orgy" last year. There wasn't an actual orgy at Dashcon. Unfortunately, the original "Bronycon Orgy" post has been deleted, but it was the exact same text, posted by a brony, about how some STDs had been transmitted at a hotel room romp the night of the con.

Thank you for the link. Best information about it so far.

And damn, they said they were with Random Acts? If that is false, Misha is going to have a field day with this.

There is no way Random Acts was affiliated with this.

Please tell me that isn't what I think it is and was about really about tie rope knots ( and not in the BDSM way).

As Neogaf's authority on fandom...

I am sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom