• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There was a Tumblr-Con this weekend. It ended in disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahahahahaha oh god what a disaster. I think the same psychological phenomena that lead to "fandom" are also what were involved with the scam. Well that's what you get for making such shitty gifs.

Alucrid

Banned
i mean, knotting fandom seems pretty self explanatory. if you go into that thinking good things you're obviously going to be wrong. but omegaverse just sounds like some sort of marvel spin off comic

Feran

It was me, they were making innocent comments and I had to laugh! I warned them not to google it :(

I am sorry.

I'm laughing really hard right here oh gosh. This + reading about the dashcon fiasco has made my night.

Maybe you should link them to the primer on AO3 if they haven't gauged their eyes out yet...

aly

i mean, knotting fandom seems pretty self explanatory. if you go into that thinking good things you're obviously going to be wrong. but omegaverse just sounds like some sort of marvel spin off comic

This was funny at first, but now all I can think about is Cyclops and Wolverine. There is knotting involved somehow :(

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I have been warned. Please pass the bleach.

wait your turn

tumblr_ljf47jTjJi1qdhxyeo1_500.gif

Faddy

Banned
Fiction, I went to Urban Dictionary. It's something a dog's penis does? What does that have to do with anything? Surely I have the wrong definition...

That is my go to source for looking up perversions. I knew about the dog dick thing, it was on QI, that the head swells up on climax and that dogs can become stuck together until the swelling goes down. I assume people are writing that into their twilight beastiality slashfic.

I'm laughing really hard right here oh gosh. This + reading about the dashcon fiasco has made my night.

Maybe you should link them to the primer on AO3 if they haven't gauged their eyes out yet...

Haha nope, feel free though.

I avoid omegaverse like the plague but I am totally reading that one by that really BNF writer who has incredible skill and I can't resist and its not as creepy

Okay, knotting is pretty weird. I can only guess they write stories where werewolves have sex with girls, get knotted, and they can't detach until he ejaculates.

To each their own, and I mean no offense, but I am from the 90's, and this kind of trend might be a bit too novel for me to understand.

rpmurphy

Well yeah, if you realize it's about bestiality, then it makes sense. Although I'm not familiar with tumblr jargon as to why this is considered a fandom rather than a fetish like it is everywhere else.

Yrael

Is it bad that I already had an inkling of what knotting would entail just because of the earlier mention of wolves? :x

Okay, knotting is pretty weird. I can only guess they write stories where werewolves have sex with girls, get knotted, and they can't detach until he ejaculates.

To each their own, and I mean no offense, but I am from the 90's, and this might be a bit too novel for me to accept.

It's mostly slash that I've seen. But that's the jist, and they aren't werewolves. It's an AU verse where everyone is either uh...Nevermind, I don't really want to explain it here, you get the jist lol

Shinypogs

0-0 How the fuck does madness like this happen. Also I am far too naive, I'd assume a tumblr con would be a lot like the old mommy blogging cons. That stuff always seemed like it was pretty well run from what I heard back then, idk what it's like these days.

To be honest a Tumblr con seems like it'd almost be neat if organized correctly. You could have some of the more famous cooking/ food decoration people have a contest judged by the attendees. Popular artists could work in real time as people walked by and watched. Panels on stuff like the evolution of memes, fandom community building, tumblr specific jargon etc etc.

Sure there would be drama but there's enough genuinely good content on tumblr to make something interesting out of it all.

Also the Omegaverse and knotting stuff is fucking tame compared to a lot of what various fandoms have to offer in regards to fanfic.

Also the Omegaverse and knotting stuff is fucking tame compared to a lot of what various fandoms have to offer in regards to fanfic.

Yeah, it honestly is, I've gotten used to it being around now. Some of the shit I've read definitely makes Omegaverse look tame.

This knotting stuff... Tumblr is weird as shit. Wreck-it and his thread have been redeemed in my eyes.

It's not a tumblr thing, it's a fandom thing.

Salamando

Initially read the comment “I didn’t go to the panel about knotting.” as Knitting. Didn't see the harm in a panel about Knitting. Now...jesus....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom