• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 Multiplayer Technical Test Impressions (XB1/PS4)

t1472227200z0.png

Mafro

I'm not sure I buy their excuse of blaming the low TTK on the amped weapons thing which, if true, wouldn't even be a problem if they hadn't replaced burn cards with that system in the first place.

GWX

Will check out the changes tonight. I'm not too optimistic, though, as I really dreaded the maps last weekend. From what I've seen, the new one is interesting, and I hope it has tons of routes to chain wallruns in the lower level.

HelloMeow

did they change anything for today's beta ?? or just new map\weapons ?

They made a bunch of changes.
https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/...ech-test-weekend-2-patch-update-x1-ps4#latest

Here are the patch notes for the second weekend of Tech Test. Please make sure you install the update to the Tech Test so that you can experience these updates yourself.
TIME TO KILL
  • Amped Weapons Boost now unlocks at 80% of the earn meter instead of 50%.
  • Charge Rifles now have damage falloff at cross map distances.
  • Slightly increased cloak visibility for other Pilots.
  • We think the abundance of Amped Weapons is a large contributor to lower time to kill. We’re still adjusting individual weapon balance for ship.
MOBILITY
  • Increased max wall-running speed.
  • Increased base wall-running speed and air speed.
  • Increased acceleration while jumping off walls.
  • Titans dashes recharge 2 seconds faster.
  • Training is unaffected by these changes, ensuring Gauntlet records will remain valid.
TITAN TIMER
  • Pilots now earn a small amount of Titan meter every 5 seconds.
  • This value may be undertuned until we can take a pass at how much meter you earn from objectives.
BOUNTY HUNT
  • Score Limit lowered to 5000 from 6000 to increase the amount of games won by score instead of time.
  • Banking phases now last 45 seconds instead of a minute.
TECHNICAL FIXES
  • Fixed some issues with the outer deadzone on PlayStation controllers.

black070

Excited to see the changes, decided to keep my digital preorder once I realised I have been itching to jump back in since the last test ended.

Changes sound solid.
Only missing thing for me is 1st person view when entering Titans after seeing how it looked way more immersive (god I hate that word) in the first game.

I've been thinking about this game a lot though since last weekend, I admit to having a lot of fun even amidst all the valid complaints.

Hurry up work day and end already!

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Excited to see the changes, decided to keep my digital preorder once I realised I have been itching to jump back in since the last test ended.

I'm kinda in the same boat. It grew on me even before the changes, and I was found myself looking forward to it a lot. No amount of Overwatch could scratch that itch, even.

I booted the game up thinking -- well, hoping -- Respawn secretly turns the servers back on a tad earlier, but nope. :(

I was out of town last weekend so really looking forward to jumping into the test this time. On the plus side it looks like I missed some of the more bullshit changes since they've patched them!

Agreed, no justification required - its simply not needed.

Yup. Confusing the enemy for a split second by making them take a double look at you because they thought you were AI... that's totally gone now.

TF1 played fine without the glowing enemy players and so does just about every other FPS. Hell, we already have plenty of glowing lights on us and even more if we have a battery.

Hoping for a full removal for launch. If they turn off the glow, keep 1st person into/out of Titans and have a more maps that focus on parkour and verticality... ill be fully satisfied.

zou

I'm glad to hear they toned down the enemy player orange/red highlight... But I really think that needs to go away completely. Anybody else agree?

Yeah, it's ridiculous. No point in trying to sneak around or blend in. And the health bars are equally shit.

the health bars are equally shit.

Tell me about it, who had that bright idea ?

It winds you up even more when you narrowly lose a 1v1 gunfight and you can see he only had a slither of health left, then you see him dash away and it replenish really fast ...

I'd rather not know haha.

A friend of mine just posted on Facebook that it's live again on PlayStation 4. I'm gonna go check the Xbox One version...yeah, it's live.

Gorillaz

This was a great idea of separating the beta into 2 weekends. Always to work on the fly on this build while also giving everyone a chance again to see it with fresh eyes after a week off

Argh stuck at work. I publicly stated I will no longer get this, but have NO ISSUES with being served crow if these changes address many of my complaints.

Will watch this thread closely.

Alienous

Yeah...the previews did seem to show that... also noticed a lack of verticality/height.

Ugh.

There is good news, though. Those outside areas in the map are mainly occupied by Titans, so when you're playing it in Pilots vs. Pilots, mainly in the indoors areas, it feels just like Call of Duty. The resemblance is uncanny.

Hooray!

Top Bottom