• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 Multiplayer Technical Test Impressions (XB1/PS4)

Armadilo

Banned
too many titans on the field making this just a huge clusterfuck, the anti-titan weapons are so weak and usually useless as you need a titan to actually kill a titan

The movement is still too weighty. After playing Titanfall 1 for two hours and then playing Titanfall 2 thats the main thing that is throwing me off. Your character feels like a Killzone 2 character with more mobility IMO.

Ont

Real Impressions now:

4. Maps are SHITE -- Seriously. ALL OF THESE MAPS ARE SANDTRAP LIKE. It's like Respawn saw how much I complained about that dirt and made them all like it. Come on, please let me know these are the only 3 trash maps in the game.

Titanfall 2 website has six slots for MP maps which might indicate that there will be only six MP maps at launch. It would not be the first time when introduction of a singleplayer mode means that there is less content for the multiplayer mode.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Movement feels slightly better, the new map is butt.

Game still doesn't feel as good as Titanfall, and mostly plays the same as before.

E92 M3

I played like three games and I just stopped today, too many titans is just chaotic and not fun. I miss last weeks test

Titanfall 2 still isn't as chaotic as the first. They have made a good step with increasing Titan timers. Campers are still prevalent, though - that playstyle never worked in the first one.

It REALLY feels like a typical Black Ops 3 map that they spaced out in areas for Titans. The middle and interior could be in BO3 and I'd think nothing of it.

Yep

Titanfall 2 website has six slots for MP maps which might indicate that there will be only six MP maps at launch. It would not be the first time when introduction of a singleplayer mode means that there is less content for the multiplayer mode.

The backlash will be incredible if true

... They can't seriously be thinking about launching with only 6 maps. Especially when half of them are trash.

What is the best way to deal with people who rodeo your Titan. I suck at dealing with them. They grapple on, jump off, and I sometimes struggle to spot them before they rodeo on again. Any tips?

TF1 released with 15? maps. If they release with only 6 then it's DOA. Full stop. In this day-and-age I find that to be highly unlikely that any dev would do this...

Alienous

What is the best way to deal with people who rodeo your Titan. I suck at dealing with them. They grapple on, jump off, and I sometimes struggle to spot them before they rodeo on again. Any tips?

If you have electric smoke activate that and stand still.

If not, they'll be forced off of the Titan eventually. Try to punch them before they get back on.

link please

... They can't seriously be thinking about launching with only 6 maps. Especially when half of them are trash.

Yeah, I refuse to believe only 6 maps will be available at launch.

They REALLY need to start showing some footage of these "classic" titanfall maps, the stuff we're getting to play is rather embarrassing.

Alienous

TF1 released with 15? maps. If they release with only 6 then it's DOA. Full stop. In this day-and-age I find that to be highly unlikely that any dev would do this...

True. But they are doing free maps, and free maps don't make themselves. They could launch with 6 and drip-feed the rest.

I doubt it though. Last thing they'd want is for Titanfall 2 to have less content then it's predecessor.

Maybe I have not unlocked smoke yet. Will check.
Never thought of punching. Cheers.

I think all Titans get it. It just isn't obvious. It's activated by pressing left on that d-pad, and recharges over time. See if you can spot it in your Titan's HUD.

Izuna

Banned
My problem is, no matter how much I dominate, I never feel as good as I did in R1. I don't care if I grapple someone and melee them, or even drop a Titan, it never feels rewarding or like I'm the shit.

I'm performing exactly like I did in Titanfall 1. Getting more than half the points needed to win by myself (2500+ Bounty), but like, I feel like trash.

Titan main weapons are so bad.

Grenades aren't as effective as they should be against AI. forcing me to shoot them with my gun, which blows

and really... RIP CAR

Hm you can tell the gradual increase to the titan timer is a tacked on buff, it makes the bar flash white every second or two because you are gaining bar, still it's better then nothing and i'm glad they fixed that part.

LOL now you guys complain about "too many" titans?

Thisisneogaf.gif

I wonder if the people complaining about too many titans now played the original for more then a week or two.

Titans on the map are a valid part of titanfall's multiplayer, you learn to deal with them the same as a pilot running around, both just have different approaches.

Seriously this game is CoD enough right now, keep the titans flowing.

Alienous

I like the fire Titan's main weapon. You can fire the thermite launcher at a structure above and next to an enemy pilot and the thermite sort-of rains down on them.

Even if 3 of the maps are this new playstyle garbage and the other 3 are Titanfall maps that's really really terrible on top of the fact that 6 fucking maps is not enough.

I really wanna like this game, but I can't. Everything just feels off.

It's sad to say, but this has flop written all over it. This beta has pissed off players of Titanfall 1, and newcomers don't really see what all the fuss is about. And the fact that it's sandwiched in between 2 FPS'(BF1 and COD) isn't gonna help it either.

They really have to think about delaying this till spring, or its gonna be slaughtered.

Purest 78

Way to easy to get Titans now I'll pass on this game. Now it's just chaos for the sake of Chaos. No strategy or skill required No thank you.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Re : maps

Those are just preview slots on their website, hardly suggests that there will only be 6 in the final game. The first game shipped with 15 and that was under a tumultuous and gimped development process.

But if the final maps aren't any good it really won't matter.

"Anyone know if stats carry over?"

"Im waiting on that infinite warfare"

"I bet youd vote for hillary too"

"Im done with COD, this right here is the next big thing"

"Does domination have titans?"

The Titanfall Legends network.

First time playing and I'm really not enjoying it.
The movement feels really off, and this is meant to be updated.
The auto wall run keeps throwing me around. Running along, game decides to randomly wall run and screw up my aim.
Grappling hook doesn't feel nearly as good as I hoped.
TKK just straight sucks.
Radar is pretty much useless since the maps are wide and open so you get spotted or see someone from 40km away.
Spawning sucks.
UI is quite convoluted.

I'll probably still end up getting it though since the single player stuff looks nice.

Top Bottom