• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TitanFall Beta not open: Invite waves & codes required, staggered to avoid implosion

caleb1915

Ya but how is that even really possible? Most times it will always be inconvenient for some countries.

Well they had a window of a few hours not too long ago that seemed to be convenient for all the countries the beta will be available for.

But I'm guessing that would've caused an insane amount of traffic to all their servers which hopefully have been prepping for this launch. So I'm thinking the waves of access will be available to all regions at the same time, but will subsidize the traffic by timing those waves for different timezones.

I'm just guessing of course, I'm not sure if that would be the best solution. While Respawn may not be doing that at all, and just making it convenient for people in the US which would be a dick move on their part.

Lunzio

3 hours to call in your titan, it will be about a week until it falls.

Three hours til I call in my Titan so that I can wait a week for it to potentially fall as long as I can connect to the website, enter my email address properly, and click a few buttons... if the future me can remember that the past me would really appreciate an invite into the Titanfall beta.

Jarrod38

jD8ZbR6.gif

Mononoke

Banned
I'm sure glad they gave us a concrete time. Coincidentally, this was the same time they sent out the emails for the Alphas. Not sure if it was the same time on purpose, but shoot. So excited.

But since they announced the time, you can expect everyone to flood it. Be ready GAF.

6 PM is already sorta late in the day. They could have done something reasonable like 4 PM local time so europeans could sign up around midnight instead of 2-4 AM.

Do you honestly think it matters what time you sign up? Europeans don't need to stay up until 2, 3, 4 in the morning waiting for the site to go live. It's not like they're going to shut the whole thing down as soon as enough people sign-up. This isn't how these things work. And I guarantee your chances of getting in are no higher if you sign up the second the site goes live vs hours or days later.

@VinceZampella: My apologies to EU for making you stay up late, I'll stay up late tonight as a sign of solidarity

lol this is a joke , hope I will be in the first wave for staying up that late

Shadders

2 is about as late as I can stay up with work in the morning. I really don't want this site to go down and me have to wait another hour or so for it to come back up.

caleb1915

Haha. Yeah, I was on the fence about it and the beta was going to be the deciding factor, but obviously it doesn't matter now. I hope it turns out to be great fun.

Same here, i remember getting into the cod4 beta...overgrown 40 times in a row

I want this game to give me the same feeling of a fresh experience, and return the intense sweaty palmed competitive rush that I haven't gotten since being the last man on my team in a hardcore search and destroy map.

NIN90

Do you honestly think it matters what time you sign up? Europeans don't need to stay up until 2, 3, 4 in the morning waiting for the site to go live. It's not like they're going to shut the whole thing down as soon as enough people sign-up. This isn't how these things work. And I guarantee your chances of getting in are no higher if you sign up the second the site goes live vs hours or days later.

I honestly don't know how they will handle the key distribution. Do you? Maybe they do random draws, maybe they give them out until all keys are gone.

DryvBy

I've got work tomorrow. 3am is too early to stay up for a beta key. Really wish they'd roll these out depending on the area you live over a 24-hour period.

Rubenov

For Xbox 1 folks, do you think we will have to have Gold active before receiving an invite? Because if so I better get a subscription now.

Caayn

If it's any consolation:

iTeeFQPvIgsQk.png
How does that help? Pick a time that fits more countries than just the USA. Don't apologies afterwards for something that should be common sense.

I can already see them giving away the Beta invites in a first-come-first-serve way. Good luck fellow non-Americans who are staying up.

Top Bottom