• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TitanFall Beta not open: Invite waves & codes required, staggered to avoid implosion

Adry9

So us Europeans are getting screwed, nothing new here.

I'm already in bed so I'm thinking about signing up from my phone. Do you guys think I'll have any issue?

Mononoke

Banned
This beta could very well kill all the post E3 hype for the game if it doesn't deliver.

People won't care if it's "only beta"; they will accept this as the near-final product and draw conclusions right away.

I thought the Alpha was fantastic, and that was with a lot of things scaled back. I think the overall reaction in the Alpha was positive too. But yeah, it will be interesting to see what people think after the Beta (especially since there will be more people participating, and there isn't an NDA).

Megasoum

Banned
Oh come on, the game comes out in about a month. This isn't really a beta.

The build is a couple of weeks old at least. When you do a demo or beta like that you actually branch out of the "main" branch to work on the isolated demo. So for example if a bug is found on the main game and fixed the next day, it won't necessarly be fixed on the beta.

Now I agree that it will still be an almost final version of the game but don't think that because the game is coming out in a month that the beta will be the master build (which is probably ready by now or very close to it).

malfcn

Good luck fellow gaffers!

On a sidenote: Is there a thread for friends list signups for the XB1? I never really gamed online on consoles and I'm looking to beef up the friends list.
There is a thread with gamer tags exchanged. On mobile so can't link, but I also linked to it in the Drought thread.

Caayn

True, but then if they go early, US would bitch about being at work, ETC. Someone is always going to get the shit end of the stick, and it's never going to be the US if it's a US company.
So instead of screwing over a small group of people they're now screwing over every country except the USA.

I can understand why a US based company selects a time preferable for the US market, and I can't really blame them for it. Yet, that doesn't change how annoying and irritating it is to see them actually take such a bad time for non-Americans.
Respawn should've known after the server testing a couple weeks ago, that the demand for a beta of their game is huge. And that it just wasn't only coming from their own country. They should've been smart and acted upon the feedback, thus far they haven't.

You think a Euro company would lunch this at a time that's bad for euro, but great for the US, I don't.
Who says that I'm agreeing with EU game devs giving EU based players a preferential treatment?

Phinor

That's only 4am local time. And I only stayed up this late (1:39am) to see when the beta sign ups happen. Oh and it's the middle of the week.

Maybe I won't be in the beta then if it really is first come first serve as they seem to imply (but not say directly).

Mononoke

Banned
Maybe they should have just capped the # of slots available for each region. Make it more fair. Then they could have done a different signup date/time for other timezones instead of doing it all at once. *shrugs*

zlatko

Banned
Wait, so there is a sign-up for this and the sign-up is today?

Wait I'm confused too. I thought this was a "you pre order game on PC Origin you get into beta."

So where do I go, what do I do, to get a chance at this PC beta here soon? I definitely want to see if this is buying a XB1 over material.

RulkezX

There's about a billion moving parts to doing something like this. Just the way the cookie crumbles some times.

Asking again just to clarify....

Signing up in the morning EU times ( say 6hrs after the sign up goes live) won't affect our chances of getting in , or this sign up has a limited number of places so we should stay up if we want in ?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Can we get an updated op with what's going on now? I'm at work and can't follow all this, what are the times to register and how lol?

Lunzio

Wait I'm confused too. I thought this was a "you pre order game on PC Origin you get into beta."

So where do I go, what do I do, to get a chance at this PC beta here soon? I definitely want to see if this is buying a XB1 over material.

Serious question... if you can buy it and play it on your PC, why would you buy an Xbox to play it?

zlatko

Banned
Serious question... if you can buy it (and already have it pre-ordered?) for your PC, why would you buy an Xbox to play it?

I think I miss spoke.

I do not have it pre ordered. I am interested in it, but the videos are not doing this justice to be a "system" seller to me.

Now if I play it on PC, love it, and people for XB1 impressions are on the same page as PC folk, then I would highly consider buying a XB1 for it, because I'll buy one eventually either way for the next Halo. Currently I have no MP FPS I am addicted to either, and I respect Vince's crew and work on COD4. I lost way too many hours to it. If he can catch lightning in a bottle twice, then I'm all over a possible Titanfall XB1 bundle if it's true that we saw with the custom awesome paint.

Scottiths

Banned
Oh come on, the game comes out in about a month. This isn't really a beta.

No kidding. What changes could they realistically make to the game at this stage anyway. I thought this was more of a server stress test, though I don't know why they are doing waves if they want to stress it.

RulkezX

Can we get an updated op with what's going on now? I'm at work and can't follow all this, what are the times to register and how lol?

There isn't anything to update really ,sign ups open at 6pm PST and we will find out the details shortly before that. I've updated the OP but I'll be in bed when the details are announced.

There isn't anything to update really ,sign ups open at 6pm PST and we will find out the details shortly before that. I've updated the OP but I'll be in bed when the details are announced.
How long will they be open and how quickly will people get selected, I wonder? There are a limited number of days where it's still possible to do anything.

zlatko

Banned

So at 6PM PST---where do we go? Is there a URL? OP doesn't show a URL to head to at the time or is that info still not revealed?

I want to F5 it...

Lunzio

I think I miss spoke.

I do not have it pre ordered. I am interested in it, but the videos are not doing this justice to be a "system" seller to me.

Now if I play it on PC, love it, and people for XB1 impressions are on the same page as PC folk, then I would highly consider buying a XB1 for it, because I'll buy one eventually either way for the next Halo. Currently I have no MP FPS I am addicted to either, and I respect Vince's crew and work on COD4. I lost way too many hours to it. If he can catch lightning in a bottle twice, then I'm all over a possible Titanfall XB1 bundle if it's true that we saw with the custom awesome paint.

Cool stuff. I think a bundle would be a smart move!

@Titanfallgame: "@m0ntakz Everyone who applies will have a chance at getting into the beta, no matter when they register."

thats disappointing...really no point in being a loyal follower then. Someone who doesnt even have a machine to play it could just go in at the last minute to get a code and take it away from someone who actually cares. I feel that this will be a source of income(on ebay) for some scumbag people

purg3

slept with Malkin

Got it, thanks. Is it through the main Titanfall site or somewhere else?

Nvm

RulkezX

So at 6PM PST---where do we go? Is there a URL? OP doesn't show a URL to head to at the time or is that info still not revealed?

I want to F5 it...

The post you quoted says we will get the details shortly before sign ups open.

Got it, thanks. Is it through the main Titanfall site or somewhere else?

No one knows, this was the sum of his Tweet

VinceZampella: Tonight at 6pm PST there will be a website to sign up for #titanfall beta access. The website will be announced shortly before 6.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Ok so the news is out now about the beta signup....

Now everybody.....SHHHHHHH

Let's keep it on the down-low.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE.... MOVE ALONG... MOVE ALONG

Please type sage in the email field bro.

thats disappointing...really no point in being a loyal follower then. Someone who doesnt even have a machine to play it could just go in at the last minute to get a code and take it away from someone who actually cares. I feel that this will be a source of income(on ebay) for some scumbag people

I don't currently have an Xbone (sold mine because I want a white one later this year) or a capable PC but I'm still signing up. If I get in I won't sell it tho, I will give it away :) It's much better this way for the Europeans.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
On the bright side is (should) mean us EU guys shouldn't need to sit up waiting into the early morning.

01DragonFly

6pm pst what time is that in europe?
t1392170400z4.png

quite the opposite - it means people with a life (edit: i.e. busy with work/kids/etc.) or who don't live on PST have a chance of getting in. Don't equate "ability to press f5 constantly" with desire to play the beta!

Megasoum

Banned
quite the opposite - it means people with a life (edit: i.e. busy with work/kids/etc.) or who don't live on PST have a chance of getting in. Don't equate "ability to press f5 constantly" with desire to play the beta!

That.. Also I suspect that for the PC beta we will have to do a hardware survey so that they can choose people with as many difference configurations possible.

Top Bottom