• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden (Vita/PSP by Omega Force) site opens + screenshots!

I played the new demo, and while the game feels a lot better, some things are still bothering me. These conflicting opinions aren't making my decision any easier.

How repetitive is Toukiden compared to Soul Sacrifice? That game also recycled bosses a few times.

Lots of recycled bosses in the story chunk of the game. And as somebody above said, 12 unique bosses, 12 recolors/skins.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Which isnt too bad of numbers considering that other games of the genre are quite similar. Some might have a few more due to adding more elemental skin swaps.

mao2

FZejVPd.jpg

The difference between the two are like night and day.

It's even nicer in motion. The monster and character models are really good. The lighting on them as well.

It seems very clear to me that they developed the game for the Vita, then down-ported just to be safe.

I mean seriously what were you people expecting.

Well, this is one of the first times where the Vita version was clearly the lead platform for a PSP/Vita title. They're usually clearly up ports of a PSP game. So they still mostly resemble the PSP game but with somewhat better textures and less aliasing.

ZhugeEX

Banned
This is the game that made me get a Vita yesterday.

I can't wait till it comes out here. Until then i've got a large collection of PS Plus games to get through.

I like how KOEI have put in a bit of effort with this game and it really shows.

Djin1979

the VITA is obviously the lead platform here, the game is gorgeous ! It looks native resolution to me aswell.

How about the framerate ?

crinale

Ver.1.02 patch coming tomorrow, enabling you to strengthen weapons & armor without bailing out from the online room.

Dantis

Well, at first I thought the Vita version is basically an up-ressed version of the PSP, since typically that's the way it goes with across-generation platform games.

Huh, clearly I was mistaken o_O

This is exactly what I expected.

Very glad to be proven wrong though. The Vita one looks rather nice.

Parakeetman

Game looks good but I fear the repitition
That's what killed Ragnarok Odyssey for me

For yourself or anyone that fears repetition stay away from the hunting action genre in general. Since its a main part of the gameplay having to fight the same enemy types multiple times to gain ingredients to further strengthen your equipment.

Even the more action rpg oriented PSO series is the same, in the sense of having to keep going through missions to get better drops from the enemies.

And both of these also include having to grind for money too as part of the formula. But its not as bad considering all the extra crap that you harvest and dont need you can just sell anyways.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Does anyone here remember Ni-Oh that KOEI announced back in 2004.

They've confirmed it's in development by team ninja and will be announced soon. :)

Parakeetman

Does anyone here remember Ni-Oh that KOEI announced back in 2004.

They've confirmed it's in development by team ninja and will be announced soon. :)

I typed Ni-Oh into google, switched to image search and was greeted by a picture of drawn boobies wtf D:

Am trying to remember what that title was

*found a trailer and my brain is full of fuck at what I just watched...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j14e9zTnVbk

ZhugeEX

Banned
I typed Ni-Oh into google, switched to image search and was greeted by a picture of drawn boobies wtf D:]

Yes that's the right one :D

nah just kidding.

Am trying to remember what that title was

*found a trailer and my brain is full of fuck at what I just watched...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j14e9zTnVbk

Basically it was announced in 2004 as an Omega force game and was suppossed to be a Dynasty Warriors meets Ninja Gaiden meets onimusha style game.

It was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive launch game but it was never bought up again until recently when it was announced team ninja were now making it.

And then last month it was confirmed to be a full title coming out soon and that it was past alpha stage. I'm guessing the game premise has changed a bit by now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ni-Oh

Parakeetman

Yes that's the right one :D

nah just kidding.

Basically it was announced in 2004 as an Omega force game and was suppossed to be a Dynasty Warriors meets Ninja Gaiden meets onimusha style game.

It was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive launch game but it was never bought up again until recently when it was announced team ninja were now making it.

And then last month it was confirmed to be a full title coming out soon and that it was past alpha stage. I'm guessing the game premise has changed a bit by now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ni-Oh

Wonder if they will be showing it off at TGS then? Thats my next big thing to wait and see is how many new games we will be getting from the TGS both for current and next gen.
Im still waiting for Koei to release if they plan on doing so that is, the US version of the VITA Nobunagas Ambition.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Wonder if they will be showing it off at TGS then? Thats my next big thing to wait and see is how many new games we will be getting from the TGS both for current and next gen.
Im still waiting for Koei to release if they plan on doing so that is, the US version of the VITA Nobunagas Ambition.

No idea. I would have thought Samurai Warriors 4 would be the main focus of TGS?

I agree. As a fan of the ROTK games it'd be nice to see a ROTK and NA vita game come overseas.

At the moment my next vita buy will from Koei will be toukiden and shortly followed by Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate (if that ever gets localised).

Maybe they announce the western release date at Gamescom. It's the last show this year in the west.

Knowing Koei we won't even get a press release haha.

Another MH clone? Sigh...I'm kind of getting tired of these. There's no story progression or character development at all since the focus is more on customizations and battles.

The game looks great, but like Soul Sacrifice, Ragnorak Odyssey, and now this, I personally prefer a more traditional RPG.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Another MH clone? Sigh...I'm kind of getting tired of these. There's no story progression or character development at all since the focus is more on customizations and battles.

The game looks great, but like Soul Sacrifice, Ragnorak Odyssey, and now this, I personally prefer a more traditional RPG.

Have you played the game? I don't think you have. Because there is actually a very good story part to the game.

TizioVerde

Neo Member

Soul Sacrifice has no story?
You mean the game that takes place in a book right?

What's next? Super Mario has no jumping?

Soul Sacrifice has no story?
You mean the game that takes place in a book right?

What's next? Super Mario has no jumping?
It's not just story. It's the genre, like mentioned above. Great games I'm sure, but arena styled boss fighting games that focus on multiplayer is just not for me.

Mondriaan

I can see how you feel but it's the way it is so we must deal with it.
As for me I want MORE hunting games so obviously I'm part of the problem :)
I also want more hunting action. You know what would be annoying, though?

Someone going into a traditional jrpg game thread and whining that it isn't hunting action. :p

Top Bottom