• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden (Vita/PSP by Omega Force) site opens + screenshots!

I really wish this game was just for Vita, so they can push the assets more. They still look AWESOME on Vita. If they localize it, I'll get it day one!

I really wish this game was just for Vita, so they can push the assets more. They still look AWESOME on Vita. If they localize it, I'll get it day one!

Put aside some cash to buy it day one then, because its getting localized apparently.

How the fuck am I supposed to hold all these Vita games?

I went from 0 to 100% excited for this game in a very short period of time. It looks to be another solid addition to the (thankfully) growing amount of quality Vita titles coming out this year.

LMN

The game official website has been updated again, with more info on new monsters, characters creation, and weapons & armors

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/toukiden/index.html

cm03.jpg

cw01.jpg

s_kueyama.jpg

oni054.jpg

Credit to Toukiden official website

More pics can be found on the website.

The new monster look kinda creepy

crinale

Now they announced that sheathing weapons will be supported (once you dash you won't unsheathe them until attack again).
They say "walking" with weapon sheathed arrows more mobility...

LMN

Now they announced that sheathing weapons will be supported (once you dash you won't unsheathe them until attack again).
They say "walking" with weapon sheathed arrows more mobility...

4 more days, can't wait =), btw does armors and weapons have skills or stats? Or is everything depend on how you customize Mitamas?

crinale

Just read the details of the demo.
Not only between demos, but cross-play between demo and retail version will be supported.
(Up to the level that demo allows you to access I suppose).

TBH that's quite surprising (IIRC Soul Sacrifice didn't support that).

cyborg009

Banned
Played the demo and it seems to play better than the first demo(online play is decent). And side note it seems like the game is getting a manga ,anime and soul sacrifice collaboration.

Wish they change the music selection a bit.

Looks like Toukiden doesn't support ad-hoc play if you own a PSP-1000 (it denies you access to the multiplayer lobby with a message if you try); is there any way to bypass that restriction via homebrew?

DiscoJer

Looks like Toukiden doesn't support ad-hoc play if you own a PSP-1000 (it denies you access to the multiplayer lobby with a message if you try); is there any way to bypass that restriction via homebrew?

I would guess it's due to the PSP-1000 only having 32 megabytes of ram, as opposed to later models with 64.

Really, if you have a PSP-1000, you don't know what you are missing. The slim model is so much better. Like night & day.

LMN

The famitsu's score is out, 9/8/9/9, it pretty good, there also a review too

- Toukiden (9/8/9/9, 35 points): Namco Bandai's PS Vita shot at the Monster Hunter genre scores pretty well, although the PSP version was docked a few points, scoring 33 out of 40. "There's something fun to the battles," writer Reona Ebihara began, "where you have to figure out new attack methods to take down the oni foes piece by piece. I don't like how few weapon types there are, but thanks to the large variety of 'mitama', you can still fight in a wide variety of styles, which is nice. It supports Infrastructure Mode as well, which makes co-op play a snap."

"The action here is breezy and exciting," chimed in Ashida. "There's a lot of uniqueness to each weapon's actions and movements, but I think it would have been better if there were more obvious differences between using each type. Also, compared to the PS Vita, the [PSP] controls are a little rough and the graphics and camera controls don't keep up with the Vita, although it's still pretty great for a PSP game."

Found this on polygon
http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/19/4444324/japan-review-check-toukiden-atelier-etrian-odyssey

Hellraider

Looks so,so good!The problem with these games, though, is that you have to play them to understand if they really are deep and fun.

LMN

I try the 2nd demo, and I still really like it, day one purchase for me when the game is out in US (please in retail format). The 2nd demo feel like another upgrade from the 1st patch demo, I did not notice any significant frame-rate drop, the graphic is beautiful as always, love the twin sword, not so much for the spear, the only bad point for this demo is there only one big boss fight (the big spider). I would love to give more in depth impression about the game mechanic, but since I cannot read Japanese, it would not be accurate. I still recommend the 2nd demo for those who are interested and want to try the game.

Edit: Crinale, I went to check the sword again, there is still some tiny minor drop but not significant, just to make sure =)

crinale

I try the 2nd demo, and I still really like it, day one purchase for me when the game is out in US (please in retail format). The 2nd demo feel like another upgrade from the 1st patch demo, I did not notice any significant frame-rate drop, the graphic is beautiful as always, love the twin sword, not such much for the spear, the only bad point for this demo is there only one big boss fight (the big spider). I would love to give more in depth impression about the game mechanic, but since I cannot read Japanese, it would not be accurate. I still recommend the 2nd demo for those who are interested and want to try the game.

They say they have fixed slowdown caused by fancy effects like long sword's extra slash by O button. Could you notice that?
Too bad I can't test it out grrr :/

Edit: You aleady said you didn't notice significant slowdown, nice!

LMN

2 more bosses reveal on the official website

s_tutikazuki.jpg

1003283_589129661109152_1715544015_n.jpg

1016665_589128844442567_1962396621_n.jpg

1016063_589129184442533_425186557_n.jpg

So far, there are 7 boss-type monsters announced, I hope that there are more coming both in-game and perhaps in DLC like SS

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
this looks really good, i'm in day 1 digital download when it hits the US

any idea for a release date?

LMN

this looks really good, i'm in day 1 digital download when it hits the US

any idea for a release date?

There is no official release date yet, what we know so far is that it will be release in Q4 2013. If you willing to switch your psn acc, try the 2nd demo.

Takao

Banned
Played the demo and it seems to play better than the first demo(online play is decent). And side note it seems like the game is getting a manga ,anime and soul sacrifice collaboration.

Wish they change the music selection a bit.

Is it actually getting an anime series, or is that just a still from a promo video?

Played the first demo when it came out and thought it was generic and unpolished. Played the new demo the other night and was pleasantly surprised; the graphics are native-res and look very nice (IMO) which didn't hit me so much during the first demo; the gameplay seemed a lot better, and I had a good time with the game.

Might spring for full version now.

Mokubba

Played the first demo when it came out and thought it was generic and unpolished. Played the new demo the other night and was pleasantly surprised; the graphics are native-res and look very nice (IMO) which didn't hit me so much during the first demo; the gameplay seemed a lot better, and I had a good time with the game.

Might spring for full version now.

I remember watching your video and it looked good but the gameplay looked boring.

It's now back on my radar. It can't be worse than Ragnarok Odyssey

Top Bottom