• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Agriculture pick: "LGBT protections could lead to legalization of pedophilia"

What the fuck!?

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/21/politics/kfile-sam-clovis-lgbt-comments/index.html

170821112647-kfile-sam-clovis-again-exlarge-169.jpg

Sam Clovis, Donald Trump's pick to be chief scientist for the Department of Agriculture, has argued that homosexuality is a choice and that the sanctioning of same-sex marriage could lead to the legalization of pedophilia, a CNN KFile review of Clovis' writings, radio broadcasts, and speeches has found.

Clovis made the comments between 2012 and 2014 in his capacity as a talk radio host, political activist, and briefly as a candidate for US Senate in Iowa. His nomination has drawn criticism from Senate Democrats, who argue his lack of scientific background makes him unqualified for the USDA post overseeing science.

When a questioner said some might call what Clovis' words extreme -- comparing the approval of same-sex protections to allowing pedophilia. Clovis said it was "logical."
"I don't think it's extreme," said Clovis. "I think it's a logical extension of thought. And if you cannot follow the logic then you're denying your in denial."

Ms.Galaxy

I really need to know the mental gymnastics people need to do in order to connect the sexual act between two consenting people of the same sex at or over the age of consent with the non-consenting sexual rape of underage children. Like, I don't see it.

tkscz

And if you cannot follow the logic then you're denying your in denial."

You're not your, and what?

You are denying you are in denial? How does even work?

Also, has no real scientific or environmental background, in charge of the USDA.

Aselith

First we let this guy be Agriculture Secretary, then we all get lyme disease.

I guess Trump wants us to have lyme disease

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not sure why someone going for the Department of Agriculture is involved in that at all

Also watch him bail now
It's Trump's America. The current head of the Department of Energy didn't know what it was responsible for beforehand and wanted to get rid of it.

oGNaL.gif

Voting for Republicans could lead to the formation of an aristocratic theocracy and 3rd world living conditions for the majority of the population.

Is that statement more or less true than LGBT marriage rights leading to the legalization of pedophilia?

"I don't think it's extreme," said Clovis. "I think it's a logical extension of thought. And if you cannot follow the logic then you're denying your in denial."

Translates to

"I've literally no idea how I arrived at this conclusion or how to build an argument so I'm gonna ramble and hope I stumble into making sense. It's not working? Hm, claim superiority!"

Paskil

Finally! Maybe this man will finally address the obvious link between farming regulations and our frogs turning gay.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Not sure why someone going for the Department of Agriculture is involved in that at all

Also watch him bail now
Because he's not even a scientist for the top science appointment in the DoA. His nomination literally comes down to:

Need to reward all our crazy right wing commenters with appointments
This guy's from Iowa
Iowa has corn
Department of Agriculture!

liquidtmd

Banned
When a questioner said some might call what Clovis' words extreme -- comparing the approval of same-sex protections to allowing pedophilia. Clovis said it was "logical."

Wb5TUM4.gif

Also watch him bail now
He made the comments years ago, before Trump picked him. It is not directly related to the current waste of taxpayer dollars giving that piece of shit a paycheck.

Also fuck him. Fuck. him.

No behavior should be protected because then we have to protect all behaviors. So, for instance, speech is a behaviour and thus we should have no free speech, cause then we have to protect pedophilia. Sam Clovis should be in jail for making statements. If he disagrees he's a pedophile. If you don't follow the logic then you're denial in deny denied.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The USA will not deal with any plants that are at all phallic shaped because it makes a lot of people nervous to put something like that in their mouth.

"I think it's a logical extension of thought. And if you cannot follow the logic then you're denying your in denial."

Solipsism, ladies and gentlemen. Or at least, egotism.

You're, uh, not some divine center of knowledge guy. You're just some schmuck.

Top Bottom