• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: Lester Holt Shouldn't Fact Check Monday's Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
Yeah, I have a feeling the first debate will sink his campaign. There is no way he can come out of that without any major bruises.

It should sink him with the undecideds.

His core base, you have no hope. You can't appeal to the irrational with reason, and through the years, this is a group who has been throughly bred to revolt against intellectualism, facts, and evidence of any kind.

It's only the people who care caught between that it will bring in, because Hillary will appeal to them not just intellectually but also emotionally. Her message is a positive and inspirational one.

She'll get enough people to win, I'm sure. I just don't know what to do with the rest of them. 40% of the country being emboldened to hate is not something that goes away just because they lose an election.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
It should sink him with the undecideds.

His core base, you have no hope. You can't appeal to the irrational with reason, and through the years, this is a group who has been throughly bred to revolt against intellectualism, facts, and evidence of any kind.

It's only the people who care caught between that it will bring in, because Hillary will appeal to them not just intellectually but also emotionally. Her message is a positive and inspirational one.

She'll get enough people to win, I'm sure. I just don't know what to do with the rest of them. 40% of the country being emboldened to hate is not something that goes away just because they lose an election.
I think this election is their last stand. If Trump loses most of them will just deactivate, as in not bother to vote, because Republicans aren't gonna be anti-immigration, globalization etc in 2020. If they want to win the White House, they have to be more inclusive due to the changing demographics.

Dirca

Why do you Trump supporters never defend him in threads about his corruption, bigotry, and incompetence? It's weird.
Nope, not a Trump or Hillary supporter. Dislike them both. I'm not blind though, I know she's going to mop the floor with him in debates as well as the election.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Trump has carefully decided if he would rather have a black man or a white woman fact check him on stage. He chose the woman.

Not that I expect anyone in the media to fact check Trump anymore, so that's probably for the better.

I can see it now....

Lester Holt: "Mr. Trump, can you explain why you used charity funds to pay your legal fees?"

Trump: "Hillary had a private Email"

Lester Holt: "Moving on then, Madam Secretary, what do you have to say about your Emails? I will also have five followup questions..."

Why do you Trump supporters never defend him in threads about his corruption, bigotry, and incompetence? It's weird.

Because I think it's pretty obvious that they can't do within any real reason. A few have tried, but they always get called out, and can never really find solid footing in their logic: Joey Fox, Baracka Obama, diablos991, Team Alucard, etc. They've all shown that they can't really defend the guy with any real rationality, so they mostly stick to positive Trump news so they can pump their chests about how well Trump is doing and whatnot. Even in those threads they tend to either fumble hard or drop out whenever they get confronted with Trump's character in those thread.

It's amazing, too, how just little logic you need to totally take down a Trump supporter, too. It goes to show how hollow his whole campaign is. There's just no real arguing for it, because for the most part it doesn't even exist out a few slogan and pie-in-the-sky nonsense policies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yeah, I have a feeling the first debate will sink his campaign. There is no way he can come out of that without any major bruises.

Trump has been ratings gold for news networks. While I have no doubt that Hillary will win the debate, my fear is the headlines the next day being nothing but Trump one-liners. The substance of the debate won't be reported.

trump has carefully decided if he would rather have a black man or a white woman fact check him on state. He chose the woman.

What? Lester Holt is a black man.

Not that I expect anyone in the media to fact check Trump anymore, so that's probably for the better.

I can see it now....

Lester Holt: "Mr. Trump, can you explain why you used charity funds to pay your legal fees?"

Trump: "Hillary had a private Email"

Lester Holt: "Moving on then, Madam Secretary, what do you have to say about your Emails? I will also have five followup questions..."

The two candidates in a Presidential debate are together, not separate.

sleepykyo

I'm kind of worried. When it was the incompetant (Bush) vs. The insufferable (Gore), Bush won in the end (albeit with some shadiness in Florida). Trump doesn't have to tell the truth or be more thoughtful, or anything. He just has to be a great snake oil seller and he has always been that.

I'm kind of worried. When it was the incompetant (Bush) vs. The insufferable (Gore), Bush won in the end (albeit with some shadiness in Florida). Trump doesn't have to tell the truth or be more thoughtful, or anything. He just has to be a great snake oil seller and he has always been that.

Bush was the governor of Texas and was involved heavily with the Texas GOP political establishment. The Bush name still carries lot of weight in Texas. He may have been a goof, but he knew how government functions, the importance of trade with Mexico and various other things. Trump is an empty can.

kevin1025

Banned
I did a joke survey for Trump and have been receiving constant e-mail barrages begging for donations. I just received this one from none other than the legend Katrina Pierson:

YJi5D4E.png

So apparently he wins no matter what?

My name was apparently Bob when I did the survey, haha.

Trump has been ratings gold for news networks. While I have no doubt that Hillary will win the debate, my fear is the headlines the next day being nothing but Trump one-liners. The substance of the debate won't be reported.

It won't really matter a whole lot what the media reports if the debates are as highly watched as is being predicted. People will be able to see for themselves what the debate was like. And who is going to be watching it the most? Hardcore Trump supporters who have already decided Trump? Hardcore Clinton supporters who have already decided Clinton? Or the undecideds and moderates who the debate is structured and geared towards? Guess which the audience is mostly going to lean toward.

Also, the idea that the debates can be 'won' by one-liners and zingers is generally a myth. There's the infamous Reagan zinger about age that is considered the thing that won him the debates, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a lot of other debates that were 'won' similarly to that.

I know. He wants the other candidate to fact check him, not Lester. Hence my comment.

Okay, I guess?

The difference between candidates like Bush or Reagan that benefited from lower expectations to the debates it that, despite what you think of them, they knew policy, they knew what they were talking about, even if they weren't great at vocalizing that. Trump doesn't...like, at all. He's shown, on a constant basis, that he's clueless about almost every major thing. One-liners and zingers will only get you so far in a situation that is, by design, a place to show off how much you know, how well you know it, and how poorly your opponent knows.

RaidenZR

I did a joke survey for Trump and have been receiving constant e-mail barrages begging for donations. I just received this one from none other than the legend Katrina Pierson:

YJi5D4E.png

WTF is this shit?
I can't take anymore of these people. The Trump campaign is vile.

WTF is this shit?
I can't take anymore of these people. The Trump campaign is vile.

Ever since Trump tanked in July, the bias of the liberal media against Trump became a corner stone of his campaign. It's slacked somewhat since Trump has recovered, but it's still brought up here and there, and it seems like with the debates coming up they're bringing it back in stronger force. I sense there's a real fear coming from the campaign about the debates, which would make a lot of sense, since a 1-on-1 debate with extended time frames focusing on explaining yourself is pretty much working against everything that Trump does

Strimei

YJi5D4E.png

Guess they already accepted that Trump's gonna look bad, I suppose.

Apathy

Living in a bubble like trump must be nice. You can make your own rules, make your own truths, never be wrong and never be called in your bullshit.

The level of denial he has is amazing

I think this election is their last stand. If Trump loses most of them will just deactivate, as in not bother to vote, because Republicans aren't gonna be anti-immigration, globalization etc in 2020. If they want to win the White House, they have to be more inclusive due to the changing demographics.

People said this about the GOP in 2012, then they pretty much immediately went back to their racist bullshit and nominated Donald Fucking Trump

Arkeband

Banned

YJi5D4E.png

This is why you take their fake surveys with your name as Bob and your email as bob@bob.com.

Or don't take their surveys because they don't actually collect the answers, if you look at the script.

rjinaz

Living in a bubble like trump must be nice. You can make your own rules, make your own truths, never be wrong and never be called in your bullshit.

The level of denial he has is amazing

Well think about it. When is that last time you think Donald Trump heard the word "no"?

A person like that would believe they are always right, I mean honestly they would believe it.

kess

YJi5D4E.png

Mainstreeeeeeam media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom