• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump pressures Democrats on Obamacare to get border wall deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even remember how long it's been since I heard the name MS-13. It's gotta be like 2008 or something.

Come out to Suffolk County on long island. Dudes are dropping bodies all over.

edit: I hadn't heard of em in a while either but they've been popping up in a lot of gang related killings on the island.

So let me just parse this;

The people who shouldn't be trusted are saying that I would still win a vote I didn't win the first time in an imaginary election scenario that is not currently happening because I already won and should probably move on from this.

Also I'm touting the fact that 'almost all' people who voted for me before would again.

Also I'm the President of the United States and used the term 'wrong big'.

The Border Wall will stop drugs and very bad MS 13 members...... hahahahaha.... Dude. Yes, hundreds of millions of dollars to stop a the 2 or 3 MS 13 members that might try to cross the border each year.

Zolo

You know he fucking does. That or he can't drop the lie because it would make him seem less like a winner.

It's these types of things that make him not just look like an incompetent, evil POS, but actually delusional. :|

RPGCrazied

Oh my god. Its all he does is golf, watch TV and tell lies.

Ari Melber‏Verified account @AriMelber 14m14 minutes ago

Trump says he stopped watching cable news:

"I never thought I had that ability, I always thought I'd watch."

Jazzem

The amount of man hours put into discussing and paying attention to this blatantly idiotic idea of a Mexican border wall is truly despairing, and in any other context wouldn't be worth analysing...

Which is the case for Trump in general really. A hopelessly under-qualified shithead whose uninformed rhetroic shouldn't be worth a discussion...except it has to be with him being elected. Ugh

Quixzlizx

WhgOVSm.png

Mexico is still going to pay for that wall, huh? lmao

He sounds like an 8 year old trying to con his mommy into giving him cookies before dinner. And there are millions of Americans dumb enough to nod along.

jelly

Yes he's claimed there were 3-5 million illegal votes in 2016, all for Clinton

You know he fucking does. That or he can't drop the lie because it would make him seem less like a winner.

Wow.

I do wonder how much work Trump does every day. A tell all book from insiders is going to be great. Yeah, he just walks around from time to time, watches TV, signs some stuff, turns up for a hello and promises the best things while saying he won the popular vote and shows people his big crowd size picture on the wall then by Friday is looking forward to Golf, do you play golf?

cameron

Trump is the bestest expertiest negotiator.

They interviewed a ton of trump supporters at his rallies about the wall, they knew mexico wasnt going to pay for it, and knew it probably wasnt going to get built, but they liked the idea of it, they appreciated what it represented.

Right. And these were the supporters at his rallies, who tend to be the most unhinged. Trump has an easy out to walk back on the border wall promise in that the majority of his base don't really care (It's like the "Lock Her Up" promise). And all the news coverage of Trump's immigration policy and expansion of deportation efforts are more than enough for the admin to show their non-lax stance on the issue. There's actual data the WH can use to spin whatever narrative they want.

The border wall might just be Trump's desire to create a lasting legacy; a physical douchey monument to his Presidency. I'm trying to make sense of this buffoonery.

Strimei

The border wall might just be Trump's desire to create a lasting legacy; a physical douchey monument to his Presidency. I'm trying to make sense of this buffoonery.

Wouldn't surprise me, though I doubt it'll ever get built, or built in full. They're going to have to seize land in many places to build the thing in the first place, and that's surely going to be in courts for ages.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I hope Dems don't back down. If Obamacare folds the blame will fall to Trump and Trump only.

Ogodei

Don't disagree about Manchin, although I really doubt either of them would actually cross party line on ACA.

Even the Republican from West Virginia has been very leery on the idea of Obamacare repeal. Their constituents depend on that law in so many ways.

KingV

Special elections also matter

In truth, all the money going to ossoff and the Kansas guy could do a lot better if it was pushed to local candidates. That's where the Democratic Party blows. And the way to get congresspersons and senators and governors is to have lots of mayors and state senators.

MrNelson

Banned
I can tell you who will. Joe Manchin and Heidi Heitkamp. Trumpcrats I call them. These need to go.
In what fantasy world do you think Manchin would be replaced by anyone further to the left in West Fucking Virginia?
Its an R vote anyway. Have they voted no on anything Trump has done so far? I know they voted yes for every single one of his cabinet nominees.
Every one of his cabinet members were going to pass regardless. Republicans had the raw numbers advantage.

KingV

Its an R vote anyway. Have they voted no on anything Trump has done so far? I know they voted yes for every single one of his cabinet nominees.

Manchin is there when you need him, and voted for the ACA. Yes he'll vote against and for some shit you don't want him to, especially when the outcome is already certain, like the nominees.

But if your bottom line is die-hard progressives only, then the Republicans will have a permanent majority in the senate, and probably the House.

Raxus

I'm not voting for a single democrat who caves in on this.

Democrats have universally opposed Trump on all the big issues. This will be no different. Empty threat remains empty. They can't do shit about Obamacare otherwise they would have killed it already and the Wall was always DoA.

KingV

I think Trump might just like to build shit. It's like the thing he can wrap his head around. "Hey I built that building/wall/highway".

RPGCrazied

How can this man say he would win again in a rematch and with the popular vote with a 40% approval rating? I can't stop laughing.

How can this man say he would win again in a rematch and with the popular vote with a 40% approval rating? I can't stop laughing.

He'd lie even if the truth sounds better, for example

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/321337-trump-i-havent-called-russia-in-10-years

Trump was asked about Russia, he said he hadnt called Russia in 10 years, when it was public knowledge that he had an official call with russia just two weeks prior. His first instinct is to lie.

rjinaz

He'd lie even if the truth sounds better, for example

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/321337-trump-i-havent-called-russia-in-10-years

Trump was asked about Russia, he said he hadnt called Russia in 10 years, when it was public knowledge that he had an official call with russia just two weeks prior. His first instinct is to lie.

And it serves him well. His lying got him President of the United States, and so far anyway, no consequences. Trump is like a walking billboard for proof that there is no karma.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I think Trump might just like to build shit. It's like the thing he can wrap his head around. "Hey I built that building/wall/highway".
That's the thing though, if he said he wanted to spend a trillion in infrastructure like internet fiber roads bridges and airports he could get bipartisan support and get his legacy through construction. Like the Eisenhower interstate system of the 21st century.

Manchin is there when you need him, and voted for the ACA. Yes he'll vote against and for some shit you don't want him to, especially when the outcome is already certain, like the nominees.

But if your bottom line is die-hard progressives only, then the Republicans will have a permanent majority in the senate, and probably the House.

Yeah, I don't really get opposition to Manchin or Heitkamp. Sure, if they were from Massachusetts or Minnesota I'd see reason to be upset with their positions on somethings. But what sort of far left progressive do you see getting elected to a statewide office in West Virginia or South Dakota? It's either someone like them or a Republican in those seats.

Got

Banned
That's the thing though, if he said he wanted to spend a trillion in infrastructure like internet fiber roads bridges and airports he could get bipartisan support and get his legacy through construction. Like the Eisenhower interstate system of the 21st century.

that would require more thought processes than president goldfish memory can handle.

rjinaz

It's definitely a monument to him more than anything. It will be the Trump wall. And Americans are going to pay for this tribute to Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom