• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: Sweden has huge immigration problems. Sweden: No we don't, USA pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

meppi

This was his answer?

trumptweeten-jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lectqs0fwZs

Quelle surprise: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=230580262&postcount=4

He also speaks of France but this is in relation to the police rape. It's no different to riots in the US but actually not as violent or on mass as the US riots.

The stuff happening in Sweden's ghettos is very small compared to America and Sweden already had these problem areas like every city.

Also Sweden is so welcoming that if Malmo disappeared under a bomb they'd say everyone is settling in fine so it's not going to work bringing up Sweden.

Horp

We took in over one hundred thousand immigrants from syria, and let me tell you it's fucking chaos. The taxes has gone up with.. like 10 dollars per month and sometimes I see people around trains that look scared and a bit lost. Terror, I tell you!

They'll be taking our jobs next of course. I mean first off, as the far righters here say, mostly uneducaded people came here (rapists and such), but also for some reason these people will "take our jobs". Cause it's so easy when you dont speak the language, dont know the culture or the system, and is appearently uneducated, to just "take jobs" from native swedes.
Fucking clowns.

For everyones knowledge: we are doing just fine and we can take in a bunch more. We prob need to even, to sustain economic growth.

Mosse

Neo Member
The most recent, actual successful terrorist attack was in 2015 with a radicalized white nationalist going on a killing spree with a sword in a school for immigrants.

It doesn't fit their narrative so they won't mention it. Has Trump even talked about the one in Canada recently?

But I guess if he and his followers would admit that white people could be terrorist, then that would ruin their whole narrative of immigrants being "the bad ones" with all the "lone wolf" mass shootings that's totally not a terrorist attack because of reasons

Volimar

From the CNN article. I was going to make a joke about a William Shatner impression but OH MY GOD LOOK AT HIS HANDS!

Eyn6uvpu

I always thought the tiny hands thing was about his insecurities, but they really are small.

Pandy

How long until he starts with actual Ancient Alien theories?

...actually, do you think if there really was Area 51 Alien conspiracies they'd even tell Trump? He'd be the first to let it slip out. Trump would be all over spilling that shit for even more notoriety.
I actually had the same thought last night.

If there really is any amazing top secret stuff the President has to know, we'll all know it before he's out of office.

Kain

One has to wonder if the guy is doing this shit deliberately or he's just dumb. Like, he heard something on tv while he was taking a dump and then he publicly lied about it. Looks like he still hasn't realized he's the president of the US, not a random drunkard yelling at the clouds. And his team are equally inept for not stopping him. Bright years ahead, ameribros!

Log4Girlz

We took in over one hundred thousand immigrants from syria, and let me tell you it's fucking chaos. The taxes has gone up with.. like 10 dollars per month and sometimes I see people around trains that look scared and a bit lost. Terror, I tell you!

They'll be taking our jobs next of course. I mean first off, as the far righters here say, mostly uneducaded people came here (rapists and such), but also for some reason these people will "take our jobs". Cause it's so easy when you dont speak the language, dont know the culture or the system, and is appearently uneducated, to just "take jobs" from native swedes.
Fucking clowns.

For everyones knowledge: we are doing just fine and we can take in a bunch more. We prob need to even, to sustain economic growth.

Taxes went up? Holy shit republicans have heard enough. Time to ban all refugees.

Future

Trump heard it from a very, reliable source.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump

My statement as to what's happening in Sweden was in reference to a story that was broadcast on @FoxNews concerning immigrants & Sweden.

Best part about that tweet was Sweden response:

Sweden said:
A spokesperson for the Swedish Embassy said they didn't know if Trump's tweet served as the government's official response to their request for an explanation.

"We have asked State Department if President Trumps' tweet is their official answer to our question earlier today. We are still awaiting an answer on that," the spokesperson said.

It's happened. Foreign relations now happening through twitter

forms

He was just given that information.

Of all the things Trump has said, this is the one that unnerved me the most. To explain in front of the American people that he doesn't care if what he says is fake or not - because he just heard it anyway- is pretty damn extreme.

Kettch

Of all the things Trump has said, this is the one that unnerved me the most. To explain in front of the American people that he doesn't care if what he says is fake or not - because he just heard it anyway- is pretty damn extreme.

He was all on board the Obama was born in Kenya conspiracy theory. The fact that he got his news from right wing propaganda was obvious years ago.

ChryZ

Trump is fucking, fear mongering coward. There are always a few assholes when you deal with big groups of people, but helping many is better than rejecting many because of fear. Grow a pair, Mr President. Wanna make America safe again? How about some gun control, now that's a no-brainer.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
It's funny because one of our biggest newspapers just released statistics showing that the most "troubled" areas are doing a lot better in recent years. Employment is up. Education is up. Safety is up. Integrations is up. All around getting better. Sure, it's not perfect but immigration is doing alright.

chrislowe

It's funny because one of our biggest newspapers just released statistics showing that the most "troubled" areas are doing a lot better in recent years. Employment is up. Education is up. Safety is up. Integrations is up. All around getting better. Sure, it's not perfect but immigration is doing alright.

Is safety really up?

Anyway Sweden takes loan to afford immigration according to swedens Magdalena Andersson http://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/regeringen-behover-lana-for-att-klara-flyktingkrisen/

It will also affect the retirement-funding according to the news.

By 2019, we will also have another 300k immigrants that will go to their familys (those 160k that came last year)., so in total almost 500k extra people.
Thats the same amount of people living in Swedens 2nd biggest city, so thinking it will not cost anything is dumb.

Yazan

Well places like Malmö do have obvious problems with immigrants, the integration hasn't worked very well in some cases.

Malmö has it problems, but it is not as crazy as some American outlets want you to believe.

Plus it is the best city in Sweden.

Paganmoon

But does it feel that way!?
Malmö has it problems, but it is not as crazy as some American outlets want you to believe.

Plus it is the best city in Sweden.

Hey, let's not go overboard with the hyperbole now.... Best city in Denmark maybe, at best distant second in Sweden.

From the CNN article. I was going to make a joke about a William Shatner impression but OH MY GOD LOOK AT HIS HANDS!

Eyn6uvpu

I always thought the tiny hands thing was about his insecurities, but they really are small.
If William Shatner lived in a microwave and had small hands.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Is safety really up?

Anyway Sweden takes loan to afford immigration according to swedens Magdalena Andersson http://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/regeringen-behover-lana-for-att-klara-flyktingkrisen/

It will also affect the retirement-funding according to the news.

By 2019, we will also have another 300k immigrants that will go to their familys (those 160k that came last year)., so in total almost 500k extra people.
Thats the same amount of people living in Swedens 2nd biggest city, so thinking it will not cost anything is dumb.

If we use DN as a source, there's this article: http://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/lyft-for-utsatta-omraden-fler-i-arbete-och-mindre-ohalsa/. While it doesn't conclude that criminality is down it does state that there is no conclusive data. But, it'd be hard to argue that safety is worse when more people have jobs and more people study. These areas are getting better in every regard.

The biggest problem I forsee in Sweden is that we build too few apartements. We need to build far more than we already do. We can't bring more people here if they have no place to live. Heck, most young people I know have trouble finding a place to live. (One of the reasons I invest in Swedish building companies. Kaa-ching!)

Mr Swine

Banned
If we use DN as a source, there's this article: http://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/lyft-for-utsatta-omraden-fler-i-arbete-och-mindre-ohalsa/. While it doesn't conclude that criminality is down it does state that there is no conclusive data. But, it'd be hard to argue that safety is worse when more people have jobs and more people study. These areas are getting better in every regard.

The biggest problem I forsee in Sweden is that we build too few apartements. We need to build far more than we already do. We can't bring more people here if they have no place to live. Heck, most young people I know have trouble finding a place to live. (One of the reasons I invest in Swedish building companies. Kaa-ching!)

This is a big problem right now here in Sweden. Where I live (Bollnäs) there are almost no apartments to rent out. It's so bad that teenagers completing school can't move out to a own apartment.

Arkanius

This is a big problem right now here in Sweden. Where I live (Bollnäs) there are almost no apartments to rent out. It's so bad that teenagers completing school can't move out to a own apartment.

>mfw when I'm 26 and still live with my parents

Is it normal for teenager kids to move out over there?
Does the government sponsor the rents for teenagers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom