• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: Sweden has huge immigration problems. Sweden: No we don't, USA pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
FGage4N.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/833681539997253636

Edit: He really doesn't know when to fucking shut up and walk away

This cant be a tweet from the president if the United states can it?

He uses the word NOT.... really? wow

Oh FFS. Now Fox are trying to justify both Trump and their faulty report, by connecting it to a swedish police who has become famous here in Sweden - on Facebook - for complaining about how immigrants are overrepresented in his particular district.

This is beyond stupid. It's Breitbart level stupid.

This is classic Bannon. Trump says something blatantly false, the news media reports it, and then Trump reveals that he knew it was false all along and then blames the media for fake news, discrediting them. Don't play his games people!

Kurdel

Banned
Hey guys, stop pretending this is the first time you hear this kind of statement.

The right has been spewing this bullshit for years now.

Worse...the actual government of actual Sweden (or the embassy, anyway) tweeted that they have no idea what he's talking about. That was yesterday..well before this absurd tweet.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/19/politics/trump-rally-sweden/

Didn't you see the Fox report? The Swedish government is covering up/down playing the rising violence. Of course they would deny. These refugee areas are "no go zones", so only Fox/Trump have the intel to know what's really going on.

Blackhead

Redarse
Hey guys, stop pretending this is the first time you hear this kind of statement.

The right has been spewing this bullshit for years now.

But when the right gets called out on it they typically change the subject (and of course recycle the lies later). They don't double down on stupid continuing after they've already lost the argument. Trump really cannot help himself. At this point Twitter should just delete his account.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
stephen miller will just tell us that he heard from a random swede or just some guy in a meatball stand.

I'd be more than happy to settle for a meatball foodtruck. We have great food trucks in Stockholm but none that sell Swedish meatballs.

It became a bit upgraded when a President of a major superpower now says it.
After reading the thread about how older family members became lost and brainwashed from watching too much FOX News, I'm starting to wonder if we now have the first president that's a product of Fox manipulation.

Nuu

Banned
Why does the president of the United States rely on cable news to get his information? Shouldn't the White House have FAR better resources and information then common cable news? Isn't the right's whole argument is that the government is this huge intrusive entity with their fingers in every pot?

drspeedy

The 45th President of the United States, President Fox News.

Watch the Tucker Karlson
ivich
clip on Fox and Friends from this morning, he pulled off the "Triple Limbaugh" with ease:

1) Open with "listen, you all know I'm 100% objective, your smart listeners know how honest I am..."

2) Immediately dismiss the story, turn the conversation to how you were right, "they" are, as always, missing the REAL point and the other side is consistently like this. The public gets it!

3) Go to break

iu

Sweden does have a problem with assimilating immigrants especially Muslim immigrants but Trump is still an asshole who is completely wrong about everything. These don't have to be mutually exclusive.

What's most frustrating about Trump is that the US more affectively assimilates people from Muslim-majority countries better than virtually any other Western country in the world -- or at least one of the top (Canada has also been affective), and yet he's just creating this bad will and antipathy towards Muslims which will only break that century of smooth assimilation down.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
After reading the thread about how older family members became lost and brainwashed from watching too much FOX News, I'm starting to wonder if we now have the first president that's a product of Fox manipulation.
And to think people were worried about a Manchurian candidate.

Sou Da

Has that not been obvious since day one?

this shit is laughable! a sitting president gets his intelligence briefings, not from the intelligence community, but from Fox news! FOX NEWS

I just cannot comprehend this, I cannot

and he keeps digging! he's like a kid caught in a lie in a school yard (NOT evokes this so much)

well shit

if I had my tinfoil hat on I'd almost think there was a false flag incident planned there and big mouth KellyAnne and Trump have let slip

just a convenient and hilariously coincidence

abundant

This is classic Bannon. Trump says something blatantly false, the news media reports it, and then Trump reveals that he knew it was false all along and then blames the media for fake news, discrediting them. Don't play his games people!

But that's not what is happening here.

Trump said something false, was called out on it, and now is saying that those who called him out are Fake News because his original (false) statement is true.

Horp

Hahahahaha, oh boy. I mean if we're getting this level of shit NOW, what will we get in a couple of months?! :D

It would be nice if the Swedish government made a public statement asking Trump to retract his comments and for this to be publicized everywhere.

That would be the appropriate kick in the teeth.

It would be nice if the Swedish government made a public statement asking Trump to retract his comments and for this to be publicized everywhere.

If that happens and he freaks out, I'd love to see someone ask why he did didn't get mad at Russia for asking Bill O'Reilly to apologize for the Putin comments.

Am_I_Evil

are you trying to start a war?
seriously....Trump is scary...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom