• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter has found the worst webcomic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExVicis

You underestimate just how low the quality floor can get :p
No I know how low it can get, but this is too well crafted to be bad. There's too many weird things and choices. Things like a panel 3 seconds later being at night when the panel before was day but there was no scene change. The two right hands thing. You even said he put quotations in a really weird place. It's bad, but it's crafted to be bad. And I don't know if I can give it points for being bad on purpose.

Edit: Hell he even has his messages mixed up. In one panel the comic is making fun of women for feeling like being mistreated and groped when it supposedly isn't happening, but then in another comic it's about women being mistreated by being groped and seen naked.

The neckbeard comic is an ideological opposite to the comic in the OP. He's making a lot of points that MRAs would associate with "SJWs". Hell he's even thanking people on Tumblr at the end.

I think the problem here is that you associate the neckbeard stereotype with "Nice Guys" so much that when you have somebody with the physical attributes of a neckbeard being defensive about their appearance that you implicitly tie him back to those stereotypes without actually examining the content of the argument.

Looks like we've got a neckbeard!
I can see where you're coming from

KaufLive

DK6Y2Wd.gif

The comic is actually unintentionally hilarious. I know so many guys like this and despite them having personal experiences that may support this worldview, they always never factor themselves in this equation as playing a part in the outcome. That somehow being a "nice guy" makes you perfect and that's all any woman should need, and if she doesn't, than it's her fault and not mine.

Sblargh

Banned
Apparently not, according to further research on this guy he moved to some Latin America country because he was tired of America

Jesus fucking christ America, take him back.
You don't get to close your borders for immigrants and then let this kind of person out.

"Nice guys" don't believe in toxic masculinity or other such things. The comic you posted is diametrically opposed to the OP.

How so? I'm legitimately curious what about the comic gave you those vibes.

The neckbeard comic is an ideological opposite to the comic in the OP. He's making a lot of points that MRAs would associate with "SJWs". Hell he's even thanking people on Tumblr at the end.

I think the problem here is that you associate the neckbeard stereotype with "Nice Guys" so much that when you have somebody with the physical attributes of a neckbeard being defensive about their appearance that you implicitly tie him back to those stereotypes without actually examining the content of the argument.

Yes, but the comic basically boils down to #NotAllNeckbeards. This is like saying #NotAllMen or #AllLivesMatter

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Yes, but the comic basically boils down to #NotAllNeckbeards. This is like saying #NotAllMen or #AllLivesMatter
It's a plea to not pick on (innocent) people who are already in a poor social position through no fault of their own.

The other hashtags are deflections of grievances by disadvantaged groups.

No, it doesn't.

#NotAllMen and #AllLivesMatter are used to minimize or disregard the suffering of marginalized groups of people. The neckbeard comic implores people to not use a specific insult. It's not minimizing feminist struggles or anything like that, so it's totally different than those hashtags.

I'm 99.9999999999.100% sure this is supposed to be satirical yet the loonies will take it at face value.

Which makes it hilarious and sad. But more hilarious than sad.

Who are the loonies in this situation? Also we know that the author writes for Return of Kings. This comic is not satire

I do find it hilarious and sad as well. Obviously for a different reason than you.

Dougald

I feel sorry for people like the author in a way. They clearly want love and companionship, but instead of accepting their deficiencies and working on themselves while setting realistic expectations, they blame some sort of feminist conspiracy as the reason supermodels aren't throwing themselves at their feet. Destined to die alone as long as they keep that attitude.

It's a plea to not pick on (innocent) people who are already in a poor social position through no fault of their own.

The other hashtags are deflections of grievances by disadvantaged groups.

No, it doesn't.

#NotAllMen and #AllLivesMatter are used to minimize or disregard the suffering of marginalized groups of people. The neckbeard comic implores people to not use a specific insult. It's not minimizing feminist struggles or anything like that, so it's totally different than those hashtags.

I disagree about how they are marginalized or disadvantaged compared to other men in general or white people in general. But I'm no here to sour the mood, I just wanted to share some cringe. I'll pick a better example next time

iammeiam

In addition to terrible comics, the site also hosts bad infographics:

The entire website and all the comics seem to be examples of this guy's brain-hamster overworking itself and suffering a psychotic break.

I disagree about how they are marginalized or disadvantaged compared to other men in general or white people in general. But I'm no here to sour the mood, I just wanted to share some cringe. I'll pick a better example next time

A quick point though, things like #ALM exist to downplay #BLM; "don't body shame people" isn't

The best thing about the global warming thing is that even though it's supposed to be mocking the idea that it exists, it cannot help but make the straw climate villain a woman

EDIT: Also, it should be noted that the way the wolf was drawn clearly demonstrates that the wolf doesn't actually give two shits about them and is just trying to get through the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom