• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 203 CM Punk vs Mickey Gall |OT| Like Mussolini and Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maoyama

Banned
Gf2j7ul.jpg

Sage came into the UFC with 6 amateur fights, 5 professional wins, a purple belt in BJJ and a lifetime of Karate. He has beat serviceable journeymen and lost in a really novice way to Barbarena.

In no way do I consider Gall to be a more complete fighter than Sage.

Sage came into the UFC with 6 amateur fights, 5 professional wins, a purple belt in BJJ and a lifetime of Karate. He has beat serviceable journeymen and lost in a really novice way to Barbarena.

I think we found our next matchup.

Fox318

I'd bet money that Gall is an all around better fighter than Sage.

I'd pay to see that fight.

thefro

They also billed him at 6'2 which is a joke. I've met him and he's under 6' for sure. To be fair I'm 6'7" so there's basically a "well almost everyone is leetle bug" but I am sure he's under 6'. Maybe right on the dot, but...doubt it

To be fair, UFC kayfabes heights too a lot of times. Pretty sure they list whatever the fighters want.

Remember Shane Carwin getting listed at 6-5? Or Randy Couture being listed at 6-2 despite being 2-3 inches shorter than other people listed at 6-2?

They also billed him at 6'2 which is a joke. I've met him and he's under 6' for sure. To be fair I'm 6'7" so there's basically a "well almost everyone is leetle bug" but I am sure he's under 6'. Maybe right on the dot, but...doubt it
You're 6 foot 7? Damn, Skippy, get the real Vince on the phone, you're getting the strap as the new 6 foot 10 monster heel.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, UFC kayfabes heights too a lot of times. Pretty sure they list whatever the fighters want.

Remember Shane Carwin getting listed at 6-5? Or Randy Couture being listed at 6-2 despite being 2-3 inches shorter than other people listed at 6-2?
Lmao I didn't know that. Couture at 6'2? He's a good 5'10

Fox318

tBplPCI.jpg

Biff

I swear I read somewhere that he's done test cuts in the 2 years he's been training so he should be fine
Do you (or anyone else) remember where this was posted? I tried to find it myself but it's tough to search for.

This would be another example as to just how much Punk is working the "wut am I doing lol" angle. I think he is very very prepared for this fight.

I also think the UFC is a multi-billion dollar organization with a team of fight makers who are adept at analyzing fight styles to determine good matches.

Gall wasn't just picked because he ran his mouth off in front of Uncle D, Matt the Terra Serra, and Nick the Tooth.

He was told to call out Punk. The fight was already planned at that point. I strongly suspect Duke Roufus was given a selection of fighters with tape to choose from, and he choose Gall. The ensuing theatrics and Michael Jackson "fight" were complete works.

BadAss2961

CM Punk has to be doing a bit when he says that he has no help cutting weight, has never tried it and never thought about it, just like how there is no footage less than a year old of him striking or anything. Then at open work outs he just rolls about doing almost nothing.

I mean you don't train every day for 2 years and still suck completely so he is either hiding something so he still has a surprise factor on Gall or he isn't and he is just super fucked and in full on panic mode.
Or maybe he's just pushing 40 as a broken down pro wrestler and entering UFC with no fight experience.

I don't think there's any secret sauce. His camp knows they have nothing, but they gotta keep the poker face.

Levito

Banned
The UFC has really bad typos all the time. On their "Pioneers of MMA: Vitor Belfort" they said Vitor fought Jon Jones in 2002.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads

I want to see Conor fight this kid so bad, the press conferences would be ace

"you stupid motha-fucka, I'm going to beat your ass this coming saturday. You wont know what hit yea. I'm the lion in this den, i run this show and my prize will be your mother."

"Yes sir thank you sir I appreciate your perspective and opinion on this subject. We will see what happens but all I can do is pray and hope god guides me to a victory."

"you dumb motha-fucka, I'm your daddy, you'll be my bitch, and as for God, i am god I gave you life and I will take it away."

Sage would absolutely slaughter Punk

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Do you (or anyone else) remember where this was posted? I tried to find it myself but it's tough to search for.

This would be another example as to just how much Punk is working the "wut am I doing lol" angle. I think he is very very prepared for this fight.

I also think the UFC is a multi-billion dollar organization with a team of fight makers who are adept at analyzing fight styles to determine good matches.

Gall wasn't just picked because he ran his mouth off in front of Uncle D, Matt the Terra Serra, and Nick the Tooth.

He was told to call out Punk. The fight was already planned at that point. I strongly suspect Duke Roufus was given a selection of fighters with tape to choose from, and he choose Gall. The ensuing theatrics and Michael Jackson "fight" were complete works.
So the bad boxing and (scary) weight loss are a work?
I dig it.

whats this scary weight loss garbage? lol... why are people still buying the horse shiet about the weight cut being an issue? everything they have been doing has been to psyche gall out... look at the presser stare down...dude literally looked into Galls soul and honestly Gall looked pretty phased. Still a kid dealing with the lime light and pressure.

Is it a huge possibility that Punk sucks? hell yes but the pressure is all on Gall. This is the life and career he chose...losing to Punk is not an option, all the pressure is on his shoulders. Punk losing means nothing Punk winning means Gall needs to figure his whole life out.

whats this scary weight loss garbage? lol... why are people still buying the horse shiet about the weight cut being an issue? everything they have been doing has been to psyche gall out... look at the presser stare down...dude literally looked into Galls soul and honestly Gall looked pretty phased.
lol

Heel

whats this scary weight loss garbage? lol... why are people still buying the horse shiet about the weight cut being an issue? everything they have been doing has been to psyche gall out... look at the presser stare down...dude literally looked into Galls soul and honestly Gall looked pretty phased. Still a kid dealing with the lime light and pressure.

Is it a huge possibility that Punk sucks? hell yes but the pressure is all on Gall. This is the life and career he chose...losing to Punk is not an option, all the pressure is on his shoulders. Punk losing means nothing Punk winning means Gall needs to figure his whole life out.

9Fr3BXv.gif

HiResDes

I'm from Ohio, but I'm rooting for Overeem, just really respect his journey back up to the top. I think odds are on Stipe though because I only see Overeem winning this by keeping him at a distance the entire fight, which is just not going to happen and I think Stipe's wrestling gives him a big advantage.

I remember Anderson Silva wanted to come out to a song Usher specifically wrote for him but Dana vetoed it and said DMX was expected and he couldn't change it up.

BadAss2961

It's fucking stupid.
Just shows you that Rory was right, fighters in the UFC have limited individuality.
Knew this for awhile with the way things were handled in other organizations. Like Pride, I remember EliteXC and Strikeforce being like wrestling with the entrances and personalities.

Reebok deal makes it worse than ever. Now everyone even wears the same shit.

Nobody watching the weigh-ins? lol. Punk just stared down Gall and didn't shake his hand. Seemed pretty hyped and ready to go.

Aiii

So not worth it
Nobody watching the weigh-ins? lol. Punk just stared down Gall and didn't shake his hand. Seemed pretty hyped and ready to go.

Punk is getting to Gall, using them mind games.

Overeem gonna kill Stipe just because of that dumb crowd. Booing the next champ, bad form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom