• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 203 CM Punk vs Mickey Gall |OT| Like Mussolini and Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
CM Punk gonna win with a Superman Punch

raw

ValfarHL

I know next to nothing about MMA and professional fighting, but someone handpicked this Mickey Gall for his caveman brow. It looks like a stiff breeze or a CM Punk punch will cut him.

Gall is legit. You can't decide a fighter durability by their looks..

ValfarHL

Overeem in a title fight? Oh, heavyweight division, why are you such a joke? Here's hoping Stipe smashes him and Werdum smashes Browne.

I'm not sure I'll be able to stand watching the Punk fight, I'm expecting a whole lot of cringe and a very one sided fight. Dude should've given up a long time ago and become a commentator instead.

Have you even seen Overeems last fights?

CM Punk has to be doing a bit when he says that he has no help cutting weight, has never tried it and never thought about it, just like how there is no footage less than a year old of him striking or anything. Then at open work outs he just rolls about doing almost nothing.

I mean you don't train every day for 2 years and still suck completely so he is either hiding something so he still has a surprise factor on Gall or he isn't and he is just super fucked and in full on panic mode.

Aiii

So not worth it
CM Punk has to be doing a bit when he says that he has no help cutting weight, has never tried it and never thought about it, just like how there is no footage less than a year old of him striking or anything. Then at open work outs he just rolls about doing almost nothing.

I mean you don't train every day for 2 years and still suck completely so he is either hiding something so he still has a surprise factor on Gall or he isn't and he is just super fucked and in full on panic mode.

I almost guarantee this. The guy trains at a pro-camp, he's prepared.

The only variables are his age and if he actually has the natural ability and skill to be a decent fighter that can't be taught. Everything else is just training and preparation and Punk is not a guy that half-asses anything he does. When he's in, he's all-in. As you say, it's all just a bit of working the press and Mickey.

Ensirius

I really want CM to win... like super bad. He is a lovable dude and I think he would be great for the entertainment aspect of the sport.

But holy crap at his weight cut, gl and gl not gettng knocked out.
I really am rooting for the guy.
He is looking awful though.

Bandini

I swear I read somewhere that he's done test cuts in the 2 years he's been training so he should be fine

I watched some of his interview with Helwani, he said that this is his first time ever cutting weight and the last time he weighed this little he was in high school.

Aiii

So not worth it
Looks like Punk is already in Mickey's head by making him think he would be up a couple of hundred thousand when he didn't have a chance to get a piece of that purse. Well played, Punk.

Maoyama

Banned
Mickey gall is arguably the worst MMA fighter to step into a UFC PPV in 2 decades and Punk is about a decade behind him in preparation. Its gonna be ugly and uninteresting.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I almost guarantee this. The guy trains at a pro-camp, he's prepared.

The only variables are his age and if he actually has the natural ability and skill to be a decent fighter that can't be taught. Everything else is just training and preparation and Punk is not a guy that half-asses anything he does. When he's in, he's all-in. As you say, it's all just a bit of working the press and Mickey.

Yeah I'll mock Punk, but dude has a god damn work ethic. He's playing down his UFC training.

So Punk is signed for about 8 matches, right? Are all of them gonna be against relative unknowns? I'm being serious here.

He's technically not signed to any specific number of fights. It's common to sign multi fight deals but 8 seems way too high and he's said numerous times that he'll see what happens after this fight. They won't force him to fight more if he doesn't want to, pretty sure it's flexible on both sides.

painey

I really want CM to win... like super bad. He is a lovable dude and I think he would be great for the entertainment aspect of the sport.

But holy crap at his weight cut, gl and gl not gettng knocked out.

Never seen Punk be described as lovable. He comes across as an asshole every single time I've seen him.

ElNino

any word on Punk's weight cut? im gonna doubt this until he actually hits the scale, weight cutting is no joke
What was his weight before hand? In my experience, cutting 20 pounds is rather easy, and a bit more than that is not too difficult. Particularly for a professional who has a team behind him to help.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What was his weight before hand? In my experience, cutting 20 pounds is rather easy, and a bit more than that is not too difficult. Particularly for a professional who has a team behind him to help.
Believe he was 202. Aiii thinks it was a work though, heh

Punk lost weight but I don't believe for a second he was north of 220 in WWE. I think he was hovering around 210. Still, losing 30 pounds is impressive.

Fox318

So Punk is signed for about 8 matches, right? Are all of them gonna be against relative unknowns? I'm being serious here.

unless he is the most adept fighter to ever set foot in the cage and has Dan Henderson or Ken Shamrock type durability and
TRT
there is a good chance that he only fights 2 to 3 times.

Its gonna depend on how his body holds up more than anything.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Punk lost weight but I don't believe for a second he was north of 220 in WWE. I think he was hovering around 210. Still, losing 30 pounds is impressive.
They also billed him at 6'2 which is a joke. I've met him and he's under 6' for sure. To be fair I'm 6'7" so there's basically a "well almost everyone is leetle bug" but I am sure he's under 6'. Maybe right on the dot, but...doubt it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom