• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 203 CM Punk vs Mickey Gall |OT| Like Mussolini and Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
Whenever someone says "[person] looks shook, they gonna lose" at a weigh-in's, I remember when Aldo showed up to the 194 weigh-in's and totally clowned McGregor.

Then Mcgregor knocked Aldo out in 13 seconds the next day.

:^)

Whenever someone says "[person] looks shook, they gonna lose" at a weigh-in's, I remember when Aldo showed up to the 194 weigh-in's and totally clowned McGregor.

Then Mcgregor knocked Aldo out in 13 seconds the next day.

:^)
None of that shit matters.
Never has.
Maybe to Colin Cowherd.

This is without a doubt the best physical shape I've ever seen Punk.

Odds are he's going to lose tomorrow but props to him he worked and got his ass in shape

eXtv

Banned
No doubt, he has been a limp wet noodle the entire pre fight promotions, now he tries to be all hard.

He's probably been feeling himself in his recent sparring sessions and doesn't quite get how different sparring is to fighting

Aiii

So not worth it
He's probably been feeling himself in his recent sparring sessions and doesn't quite get how different sparring is to fighting

I am sure his coaches have been twiddling their thumbs and not advising him at all. I bet their camp was an actual camping trip to the woods where they sang kumbaya and ate smores every night. Which is why he had to cut like 35 pounds in one week and barely made 170.

RK9039

Basically:

crying-wrestling-fan-375x413-1416942736.jpg

The Beard

This is without a doubt the best physical shape I've ever seen Punk.

Odds are he's going to lose tomorrow but props to him he worked and got his ass in shape

He's gonna test dirty after the fight for having Superman levels of Testosterone. Punk has no intentions to fight again after this 1. That's why he's pulling a Brock, he doesn't give a shit if he gets caught after the fight.

Ensirius

Damn that stairdown from CM Punk was rad as fuck.
Really really hope he wins tomorrow, and we get to see a lot more from him.
This is the first MMA fight in a looong time where I am really imvested emotionally on a fighter to win.

Lets go PUNK!

Punk's built himself into following a lifestyle that has a lot of meaning to him over not using drugs and other substances. I really hope some people are joking when they say that he has to be on something.

eXtv

Banned
Gall has what it takes.

Punk is going down.

He has what it takes and then some. He was going to get to the UFC eventually, with or without a CM Punk fight. That fact alone is evidence that he's way too good for Punk to be fighting at this stage of his non-career.

The Beard

Punk's built himself into following a lifestyle that has a lot of meaning to him over not using drugs and other substances. I really hope some people are joking when they say that he has to be on something.

It's just a little suspicious that he had a dad-bod during his entire WWE career (which is the most superficial professional "sport" ever), and now at 38 years old before his first, and probably only, MMA fight he looks amazing.

It's just a little suspicious that he had a dad-bod during his entire WWE career (which is the most superficial professional "sport" ever), and now at 38 years old before his first, and probably only, MMA fight he looks amazing.
With the WWE, you are constantly traveling and on the road a lot, meaning that wrestlers often have to work out while they're going from house show to live event and what-not. This often happens with NXT superstars who often lose a bit of definition when brought up up the main roster on the proper WWE because they aren't just training at the Performance Center anymore.

Punk has had two years to train continuously in the one area every day. It's quite different from the WWE so it's not super shocking he would get in shape.

With the WWE, you are constantly traveling and on the road a lot, meaning that wrestlers often have to work out while they're going from house show to live event and what-not. This often happens with NXT superstars who often lose a bit of definition when brought up up the main roster on the proper WWE because they aren't just training at the Performance Center anymore.

Punk has had two years to train continuously in the one area every day. It's quite different from the WWE so it's not super shocking he would get in shape.

Good point also he has to be in athlete shape not just "lifting" shape which means he's doing a ton of cardio which is going to significantly lower his body fat

The Beard

Ok, that makes sense.

He's probably clean, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got popped for excessive levels of Testosterone or something after the fight.

Levito

Banned
With Punk vs Gall you're going to see the worst guy in the UFC vs the second worst guy in the UFC. Whether you're a MMA fan or a wrasslin fan, just have fun with it. It's a freakshow fight that means nothing, don't get too worked up about who's gonna win/who's going to lose.

Now if Overeem gets knocked out tomorrow, THAT would be the highlight of the night for sure.

Weight cutting<--there's your answer.

I really want CM Punk to win and stay for a while for one reason only. The guy is one of the best trash talkers on this planet. lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Will Punk come out to Cult of Personality is what I want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom