• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattk15

And Dan Miragliotta costs me money .... had Means winning by KO and the ref blows it because he doesn't know the rules he referees for.

Nunes is a monster on the ground? Idk about all of that. Unless she rocks you first, she does have nice finishing ability. Off of her back she's looked vulnerable her whole career.

Conor is a bigger draw than Rousey both at the gate and on PPV

Lol.

Remember Conor McGregor? He only has like the top 3 or 4 highest grossing UFC PPV's of all time. Ronda's #'s aren't even close. Tonight is going to be pretty big though.

According to Wikipedia, Rousey was still tracking ahead in 2015 and then she got knocked TF out. THEN MMA turned to McGregor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conor_McGregor#UFC_pay-per-views

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronda_Rousey#Pay-per-view_bouts

According to Wikipedia, Rousey was still tracking ahead in 2015 and then she got knocked TF out. THEN MMA turned to McGregor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conor_McGregor#UFC_pay-per-views

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronda_Rousey#Pay-per-view_bouts

Rousey got established earlier than Conor did. He's just kept rising. I mean either way he's bigger than her until she proves she is bigger now. Conor has the MMA gate record and the PPV record.

Misha Tate is impressing me on the panel. She just retired from the sport and is already a natural commentator

Yep she's doing really well

PsychoMantis

Neo Member
I thought the rule was that if anything other than the feet touched the ground, the opponent was grounded and the new rule change made it so that if you have one hand it doesn't count. If that's the case a single knee would still be considered grounded, or am I misinterpreting?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this starts in 2 hours correct? the main card

Yeoman

sly-smile.gif

See ya in a few hours.
Alright I'll take the bait.
I'm in the UK so I won't be watching this fight but I'll be here to witness the aftermath of Ronda ending Nunes in the morning.
So I'll see you in a couple of hours too ;)
And as a side note - seriously I want nothing more than for Amanda to win but I really think Ronda will dominate her.

ironcreed

Banned
Alright I'll take the bait.
I'm in the UK so I won't be watching this fight but I'll be here to witness the aftermath of Ronda ending Nunes in the morning.
So I'll see you in a couple of hours too ;)
And as a side note - seriously I want nothing more than for Amanda to win but I really think Ronda will dominate her.

You should really just stick to what you wish for. Because that is the more likely outcome than the hype of Ronda Rousey. Good luck.

I think Ronda is very talented and give her a good shot to win tonight but...

The fact she retreated into her bubble the last year with Edmund and Travis Browne doesn't bode well. If she does win tonight, it will be despite her camp and counsel. Edmund is a con artist and it was only a matter of time before his bullshit affected Ronda in the ring.

The Beard

You should really just stick to what you wish for. Because that is the more likely outcome than the hype of Ronda Rousey. Good luck.

Ronda has defeated 3 of the 4 women that Nunes has lost to, and fucking quickly. If you combine all 3 of those matches, it took Ronda less than 1 minute to finish all 3.

Ronda is more than a hype machine, she's fucking legit.

MMA math, but come on, man.

N° 2048

Ronda is getting a guaranteed $3 million dollar fight purse win or lose plus PPV points for those interested

Was literally posting this and something told me to refresh, that's a lot of mula.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/814995375580815361

@bokamotoESPN
Per NSAC, Ronda Rousey's disclosed fight purse tonight is $3 million. No win bonus. Amanda Nunes is $100k/$100k.

More disclosed purses. Cruz 350k, Cody 200k, Lineker 43k/43k, Dillashaw 100k/100k.
Good to see TJ in particular get a good pay increase.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/814995915597414401

Mother of god the Nunes pay by comparison is so embarrassing.

I want Nunes to smash her just for that. Fuck me.

Nunes doesn't deserve anywhere near the pay Ronda does. If she was headlining this vs some random we would be looking at 150k buys. Instead with Ronda it will be 800k+

Wallach

these prelims where you get commercials between fights and commercials during fights are pretty fucking annoying

and apparently they want to crank up the number of main cards on FOX in a couple years

by then they will probably literally play one of the rounds on the next EA UFC game instead of in the ring

Aiii

So not worth it
3 million and she doesn't even have to stay around for half a minute to answer a question by Joe Rogan. Well done, Ronda, you got them in your pocket.

NYR

Mother of god the Nunes pay by comparison is so embarrassing.

I want Nunes to smash her just for that. Fuck me.
Nunes is an idiot for agreeing to this deal, I hope she loses because of it. She should be getting 3 mill and Rousey 100,000. She doesn't realize she is giving Rousey the shot, not the other way around.

ironcreed

Banned
Ronda has defeated 3 of the 4 women that Nunes has lost to, and fucking quickly. If you combine all 3 of those matches, it took Ronda less than 1 minute to finish all 3.

Ronda is more than a hype machine, she's fucking legit.

MMA math, but come on, man.

I think it is time you trim your beard.

Nunes is an idiot for agreeing to this deal, I hope she loses because of it. She should be getting 3 mill and Rousey 100,000. She doesn't realize she is giving Rousey the shot, not the other way around.

Um that's not how this works, not at all lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom