• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did this narrative come from that Ronda is mad at the fans or press?

Everyone acknowledges that the loss she suffered waa significant enough that it could have permanently rattled her mentality right? So maybe she's skipping the media so she can focus 100% on the fight. You know, like she didn't do leading up to the fight with Holm.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

Everyone acknowledges that the loss she suffered waa significant enough that it could have permanently rattled her mentality right? So maybe she's skipping the media so she can focus 100% on the fight. You know, like she didn't do leading up to the fight with Holm.

Poor Ronda, had to do media like every other fighter.

Yaari

She just holds a lot of grudges. I'd find a source for it but I think its common sense with Ronda. She got angry at Paige vanZant for the dumbest shit.

Going to an EA UFC 2 presentation where media wasn't allowed to ask her anything regarding to fighting etc.

No it's not been said with as many words but she's just not happy with the MMA media for some reason, people that are simply doing their job. I don't know what it is.

Aiii

So not worth it

Aside from the arrogance of it all, and ignoring it's part of her job as a fighter to promote the fight. Even if she didn't do media, does she really need to storm off of the stage at the fight announcement and at the weigh-ins instead of answering a 30 second single question by Joe Rogan?

Poor Ronda, has to stand in front of thousands of cheering fans for a minute answering a softball question.

Fox318

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/3/1...-about-fighting-or-she-will-walk-out-ufc-news

She's pissed off at people in the media for hyping her up then when she thought she was a boxer and people called her out on her poor striking she went after them.

DKehoe

In an interview, Dana White said that she felt betrayed by the media:
Her biggest issues in my opinion were with the media,” he said. “She just felt like the media completely turned on her when she lost. Not abandoned but felt attacked,” White said. “She felt like these people in the media that she gave three years of her life cruising around, giving interviews to, completely turned on her when she lost. Listen, I’ve been doing this for 16 years and I’ve had my moments with the media. The media can irritate you and if you go through something traumatic like she did with losing and everything else and you have to listen to some of the things that are being written and said, I get it.”

Nester99

She was a super poor loser when she lost, she loved the press when she won, but ducked interviews and disappeared when she lost.
She is not very professional and seemingly unable to control her emotions.

I hope she losses and fades into obscurity, however I don't think that will happen.

Fox318

I just hate shit like this though. Who the fuck is she talking about? MMA media? Mainstream Media? People from fucking ESPN? The Mayweather suckups like Stephen A Smith?

Only person she should be mad about is herself for going into that fight in Australia half hearted and out of shape and a coach with a game plan to stand and bang with a kickboxer instead of trying to break her fucking arm.

From what we've seen of Holm Ronda should have beat her in the first fight. Instead she lost her belt and much of her image because she had dipshits in her ear telling her she would be the female Dwyane Johnson. She spent too much time thinking she was gonna be Kat Dennings instead of being a great fighter.

Poor Ronda, had to do media like every other fighter.

Not every fighter has that level of media requests. Most don't in fact.

Aside from the arrogance of it all, and ignoring it's part of her job as a fighter to promote the fight. Even if she didn't do media, does she really need to storm off of the stage at the fight announcement and at the weigh-ins instead of answering a 30 second single question by Joe Rogan?

Poor Ronda, has to stand in front of thousands of cheering fans for a minute answering a softball question.

I feel like people buy into Dana White's spiel a bit too much. It's the promoters job to promote. The fighter is contractually obligated to do some things, like pressers and weigh ins. Storming around, throwing bottles, smoking vape pens, are all things that shouldn't happen but do. Guess I just don't see it as a big deal.

But yeah, outside of actual UFC pressers, and a couple of handpicked interviews (ESPN, Fox) it's not her job to sell. Guys like Conor and Chael do it to add to their pockets.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/3/1...-about-fighting-or-she-will-walk-out-ufc-news

She's pissed off at people in the media for hyping her up then when she thought she was a boxer and people called her out on her poor striking she went after them.

What that article states and what you've stated aren't the same thing at all. 6 months after the Holm fight, everyone is asking her constantly about if she's going to retire, will there be a rematch, etc... Ad naseum. Most fighters just wouldn't do the press at all.

She was a super poor loser when she lost, she loved the press when she won, but ducked interviews and disappeared when she lost.
She is not very professional and seemingly unable to control her emotions.

I hope she losses and fades into obscurity, however I don't think that will happen.

I don't think you give enough credence to the psycological effect of a devastating loss like that. But either way that doesn't address where the narrative comes from, which was my question.

This actually answers my question. Thanks.

Almost guaranteed tonight.

RCJMROo.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just hate shit like this though. Who the fuck is she talking about? MMA media? Mainstream Media? People from fucking ESPN? The Mayweather suckups like Stephen A Smith?

Only person she should be mad about is herself for going into that fight in Australia half hearted and out of shape and a coach with a game plan to stand and bang with a kickboxer instead of trying to break her fucking arm.

From what we've seen of Holm Ronda should have beat her in the first fight. Instead she lost her belt and much of her image because she had dipshits in her ear telling her she would be the female Dwyane Johnson. She spent too much time thinking she was gonna be Kat Dennings instead of being a great fighter.

she's a gaffer and you guys make fun of her

:3

flkraven

Yeah, it's really the Sandy Hook truther stuff that makes me dislike Rousey most. She is a complete idiot in so many other ways, but the conspiracy truther crap immediately makes me root for her to lose.

Yeah, it's really the Sandy Hook truther stuff that makes me dislike Rousey most. She is a complete idiot in so many other ways, but the conspiracy truther crap immediately makes me root for her to lose.

It was a one off dumb as fuck comment years ago. She hasn't openly talked about conspiracy stuff in a long time and never even really stood and said she is a Sandy Hook truther. People still latching onto some dumb shit from years ago is annoying. People change. I'm sure the majority of us have all believed stupid things in the past. Hell the Democratic nominee this election cycle used to believe that Gay Marriage was wrong and was against it.

If people are going to dislike Ronda it really should be over current stuff

It was a one off dumb as fuck comment years ago. She hasn't openly talked about conspiracy stuff in a long time and never even really stood and said she is a Sandy Hook truther. People still latching onto some dumb shit from years ago is annoying. People change. I'm sure the majority of us have all believed stupid things in the past. Hell the Democratic nominee this election cycle used to believe that Gay Marriage was wrong and was against it.

If people are going to dislike Ronda it really should be over current stuff

I agree. I will say that during and after sandy hook the media coverage was really weird and off. I am a very critical thinker and the way the media covered this shooting was vastly different than any other mass shooting that occurred. I was swayed by some of the videos out there and for a while I thought it might have been faked.

I think the main thing that made me believe that it was fake was because I just couldn't fathom that someone could do something so horrible. It just wasn't possible. Then you add the weird media coverage and it was easy to believe that it wasn't real.

I eventually changed my mind though. I have actually talked on the phone with one of the parents of a child who was killed because I work for a company that supports non profits and he was using our tools. I realized how incredibly difficult it would be to maintain this kind of lie and occam's razor settled in my mind. It had to be true.

Now go ahead and burn me at the stake for being a "truther" at some point in my life too.

Fox318

I'lll say this I actually think Shevchenko would be a tougher fight for Ronda.

A motivated Misha Tate would have been a fun match but she clearly lost all of her drive once she won the belt.

The fight will end in the 1st or second round.

Yeoman

I dislike Rousey as much as the next person but I'm laughing at some of the comments in this thread, you guys are crazy; she is going to eviscerate Nunes.
I really hope I'm wrong because I'd love for another round of Ronda knockout GIFs, but the reality is that she's going to tear Nunes into bloody pieces.

Did he do the fake weigh in? I loved seeing that UFC staffer stand there waiting for him to show himself so he could stand on the scale knowing he's not on weight. I bet his biggest regret was skipping the fries.

dream

I dislike Rousey as much as the next person but I'm laughing at some of the comments in this thread, you guys are crazy; she is going to eviscerate Nunes.
I really hope I'm wrong because I'd love for another round of Ronda knockout GIFs, but the reality is that she's going to tear Nunes into bloody pieces.

Yeah, it's so odd seeing people hype up Nunes just because she beat an unskilled, heartless Miesha Tate. I don't see how that's impressive. I would beat Miesha 7/10 times.

Kacho

Based on what?

N° 2048

If Ronda can't get the clinch and use her Judo, she's fucked.
If Ronda can get the clinch and use her Judo, Nunes is fucked.

My opinion but this is MMA so anything can happen. I love this sport damnit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom