• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Lol so people are taking the fact that a guy who has always struggled with making weight due to how much weight he carries between fights has become less and less able to make weight as he's aged as evidence that he was juicing? And big upping GSP simultaneously?

Talk about rewriting narrative. Hendricks wanted testing for that fight, he just wanted it from a stricter organization that didn't have images of GSP on their website. And GSP is the fighter that left right before the UFC tightened testing up and hasn't returned. And whose teamate looked like a worldbeater until that tighter testing hit then suddenly stopped being such a monster.

Out of all the clues that someone could be on PEDs, a guy with shit eating habits havung an increasingly difficult time cutting weight as he ages is pretty damn low on the list.

What? VADA is WADA level testing which use CIR.

Hendricks was ducking the tests. Remove your tinfoil hat.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So I always enjoy MMA fights when I rarely see them and want to get into watching it more. But do they have weekly cards on Spike or something? It seems like the only time i ever see any fights being promoted it's always a PPV event.
They have 45 billion events, almost one per week. UFC cards are all on Fox, Fox Sports 1, or Fight Pass.

So I always enjoy MMA fights when I rarely see them and want to get into watching it more. But do they have weekly cards on Spike or something? It seems like the only time i ever see any fights being promoted it's always a PPV event.
Ya Bellator is on Spike. It's usually on Friday nights when they have events.

Look at Hendricks body the past few fights since USADA began testing fighters. Age doesn't make you lose mass that quickly. Is it a coincidence?? I think not. He looks like he aged 10 years in the process as well. It's kinda how Belfort looks now that he can no longer have the TRT excemption to use for his fights. Hendricks was clearly on something before the USADA started testing these guys frivolously

You're making a huge leap based on weight alone from a guy who has always ate like shit, always walked around way overweight between fights, been through multiple nutritionists, and reached the pinnacle of his sport only to fail. And he was never a super jacked dude either.

Super thin evidence of PEDs.

You're making a huge leap based on weight alone from a guy who has always ate like shit, always walked around way overweight between fights, been through multiple nutritionists, and reached the pinnacle of his sport only to fail. And he was never a super jacked dude either.

Super thin evidence of PEDs.

It's funny on his title run and even up to his loss he was jacked not ripped but pumped up. In his last couple of fights he looks like half the person he use to be appearance wise. Anyone who trains extensively can look at a person and tell if they're on something. Your body's appearance never changes that drastically in such a short time. The irony of it all is that these changes took place in Hendricks the moment USADA started to really test these fighters. Whether you have always eat like crap or not these drastic changes don't happen that quickly. His muscle mass is nowhere near what it use to be when he was making weight before

It's funny on his title run and even up to his loss he was jacked not ripped but pumped up. In his last couple of fights he looks like half the person he use to be appearance wise. Anyone who trains extensively can look at a person and tell if they're on something. Your body's appearance never changes that drastically in such a short time. The irony of it all is that these changes took place in Hendricks the moment USADA started to really test these fighters. Whether you have always eat like crap or not these drastic changes don't happen that quickly. His muscle mass is nowhere near what it use to be when he was making weight before

He never had a GSP type of physique and was never super big in general. Which is why his knock out power generated the amount of hype it did. His downward spiral started after he lost to GSP, struggled a win against Lawler then lost to Lawler. Never getting that clear cut recognition and losing two fights you think you should have won will mess with your head.

Fitts

Holy shit Hendricks missed weight again? We'll always be in debt to him for his destruction of Fitch, but he's done brehs.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
GLffVug.gif

More fire.
Overextending and locking elbow
Limp, bent wrist
Aiming at...?
Not actually hitting sparring partner
Telegraphing

Ronda don't do this. Please learn to punch, you're embarrassing your self.

Screw that, Rousey comes across as a grade A nasty person. And anyone who thinks Sandy Hook might be an inside job loses all respect from me.
Is there any quote of that? I've heard that rumor over and over, but never seen the source. Why do people think she thinks Sandy Hook was fake?

For those that didn't get a chance to see it here is Rousey's weigh in earlier. Its short but she is in insane shape physically

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/814519835447201792
Wow, she's always in good shape for fights but that looks even more lean than I think I've ever seen. It reminds me of Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2; she almost looks like a different person.

Limp, bent wrist
Aiming at...?
Telegraphing

Is there any quote of that? I've heard that rumor over and over, but never seen the source. Why do people think she thinks Sandy Hook was fake?

IIRC she tweeted a link to a sandy hook truther video and said she found it interesting and encouraged others to watch, which at best makes her a tasteless idiot.

Fox318

This is honestly really scary. You can clearly see the side effects of being dehydrated. Dude can't stand up straight, is slurring. He looks and sounds drunk.

More guys need to be like Cowboy or Tom Lawlor and be willing to fight at a healthier heavier weight.

I don't see the problem here? His lawyer asking questions and saying he will be available for both NSAC and VADA testing?

What it shows is that Hendricks wasn't opposed to testing, just that he wanted a different organizational body that didn't have ties to GSP in any way. The two camps disagreed on that point. There was no ducking and saying there was no ducking isn't tin foil hat conspiracy.

It appears the fight earlier involved Cody, Dom, and Jeremy Stephens. Cody and Dom were just in a vocal fight, but things got physical between Jeremy and Cody

Stephens

I'm following behind, kinda seeing them get into an altercation. Dom kinda turns around, he's talking crap and Cody walks away. As I'm doing that, the UFC guys tell me I have to go through a certain door. So I turn my back and I take a couple steps and then I hear someone say, Yeah, you better keep walking. You and your whole team blah blah blah. I look over and it's Cody approaching me. He's coming at me fast, like he's going to push me. I just put my arm out and the security guy picks me up, moves me out. Cody starts getting all hot-headed, screaming, trying to throw his shirt off, trying to fight me. I stiff-armed him. We both kinda grabbed each other.

Cody

Dude's a b*tch and scratched my neck with his b*tch nails. He is lucky I had my hands full and was taken from behind by a few people. Cruz knows he can't beat me so he brings his self-proclaimed savage in and hype man. Like Conor said, who the fook is that guy

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12/...y-stephens-explain-altercation-during-ufc-207

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
What it shows is that Hendricks wasn't opposed to testing, just that he wanted a different organizational body that didn't have ties to GSP in any way. The two camps disagreed on that point. There was no ducking and saying there was no ducking isn't tin foil hat conspiracy.

But in the end he did duck the extra testing...GSP went through with it.

Ties to GSP? For having his picture on their website like every other athlete they test? They even said they would have Hendricks image added once tested. That's just conspiracy BS. VADA is probably the strictest for testing and they won't divulge a positive A sample until the B sample is tested as there can be false positives..

I think the NSAC dude had his jimmies rustled like pre-USADA Hendricks.

Levito

Banned
Fuck I'm so excited for the co-main. I just want Cruz dance around that tattoo-neck'd alpha fail.

IIRC she tweeted a link to a sandy hook truther video and said she found it interesting and encouraged others to watch, which at best makes her a tasteless idiot.

It's funny how the UFC billed her as like a great role model for young women when he's got the moral compass of your average redditor.

But in the end he did duck the extra testing...GSP went through with it.

Ties to GSP? For having his picture on their website like every other athlete they test? They even said they would have Hendricks image added once tested. That's just conspiracy BS. VADA is probably the strictest for testing and they won't divulge a positive A sample until the B sample is tested as there can be false positives..

I think the NSAC dude had his jimmies rustled like pre-USADA Hendricks.

Both suggested forms of testing were extra. The difference is that WADA testing was already possible through NSAC because of boxing while VADA didn't have that association with the commission. VADA did have an association with GSP though and it was super out of the ordinary for GSP's camp to offer to pay for it for both fighters.

So you have extra testing request out of the blue paid for by your opponent through an org they already use that most fighters don't. Hendricks camp didn't trust it and while it could be innocuous as you suggest it isn't odd at all for Hendricks to be wary. So he counters with WADA, which neither fighter has relations with but DOES have a relationship with the NSAC. It's a good faith alternative. GSP's lawyers questions are weird but not conclusive of anything really.

However to spin the whole situation as Hendricks ducking doesn't make any more sense than it would to accuse GSP of ducking because of his lawyers weird questions. The logical way to look at it is that the camps disagreed on what type of extra testing should be done. That's it.

jett

D-Member
Limp, bent wrist
Aiming at...?
Telegraphing

Wow, she's always in good shape for fights but that looks even more lean than I think I've ever seen. It reminds me of Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2; she almost looks like a different person.

Last time I saw her at a weigh-in she looked like this also, her face almost emaciated.

She looked more her usual self at fight night.

Fox318

Hendricks is not a big guy in terms of length/height. He'd be outmatched at higher weight classes.
Unless he is juicing to the gills and has the muscle and water weight to cut he isn't a 170 lb fighter.

He can't make 170 anymore and he has to change his fighting style to match.

So what are the chances Ronda's return will have a similar buy rate to recent Conor cards?
Very low?

Good question. The hype felt pretty subdued with Ronda doing no media at all, but there seems to be a big last minute rise in interest. Like I said earlier Ariel said on Twitter the official weigh ins broke the record for most streamed.

It being on a Friday though and not the traditional Saturday could hurt it as casuals may not realize which day it's on. I think it'll be under Conor's fights but still huge. Probably 700k-800k

thatJohann

Damn Ronda's looking ripped! I'm amazed how quickly these athletes get into shape before fights then suddenly gain weight right before event. Must be so bad for your body tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom