• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
0172_heo1m.gif

I never knew that Michael Clark Duncan was in Friday.

Rondas PR tactic worked on me tbh. No words, nothing. I gotta look what happens inside the cage!

Seeing her weigh in this morning she looked determined. She doesn't appear meek or tired or anything of the sort. She looked fired up and determined to let her fighting do the talking. I am really excited to see how it all goes down!

That said, the double standard of allowing her to skip media week when Conor got the boot really irks me. That said if Conor had done the media months prior and then pulled his no show the week of the event they probably wouldn't have given him the boot either. Timing of the no show probably plays a factor.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Hopefully Ronda loses, nothing better than seeing UFC hype trains getting derailed.

I don't really care very much, but I'm wondering if I should put some money on Rousey?

Idk man, this is a fight I wouldn't bet on personally. Just because who really knows what the fuck is gonna happen. Rousey being on the shelf / no idea what her mental state is, is a huge X factor. I wouldn't be putting any cash down on either of these ladies.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Ya'll are probably right. I just figure people are sleeping on her a bit and she has a lot to prove/lose. I guess UFC can be kinda random anyway so I better not.

KingBroly

Banned
Anyone got a comparison shot of Ronda for this weigh-in versus the weigh-in from last year?

She looked pretty ghastly for that weigh-in.

Levito

Banned
Yeah I honestly can't call the main event with much confidence either way. Nunes comes at people very straight-on which plays into Ronda's strengths, but I dunno if Ronda can actually toss her. Who knows.

If Cody beats Cruz it'll be damn near a Bisping-Rockhold 2 level of upset. Well maybe not but STILL.

jett

D-Member
These fake weight-ins are just silly. Make them do the weigh-in two nights before the fight if it's really about the fighters being more hydrated.

Ya'll are probably right. I just figure people are sleeping on her a bit and she has a lot to prove/lose. I guess UFC can be kinda random anyway so I better not.
What are the odds though? I'm guessing UFC-GAF is not representative of the public at large as far as picking this fight goes. Casuals I know, and random people who I don't think watched a UFC before Honda got big, are watching because of her. Odds are going to favor the more popular fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom