• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the odds though? I'm guessing UFC-GAF is not representative of the public at large as far as picking this fight goes. Casuals I know, and random people who I don't think watched a UFC before Honda got big, are watching because of her. Odds are going to favor the more popular fighter.

Ronda is the slight favorite on betting lines but it's really close

Chumley

Banned
I don't have much confidence in Nunes either. Holm should still be the champ, Meisha's insane hail mary against her should not have worked like it did.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
What are the odds though? I'm guessing UFC-GAF is not representative of the public at large as far as picking this fight goes. Casuals I know, and random people who I don't think watched a UFC before Honda got big, are watching because of her. Odds are going to favor the more popular fighter.
I bet you are right. I'm too lazy to look. Oh well. Ya'll will let me know when I can be rich right? I really wanna get rich.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
1210.png

I'm surprised the Cruz fight is even that close. If I were to bet, it would be on Honda. I don't think Amanda has the skills to do what Holly did to Honda.

Levito

Banned
Garbrant can really only win by a win KO early on, after that good luck. I think TJ would mop the floor with him too.

I don't have much confidence in Nunes either. Holm should still be the champ, Meisha's insane hail mary against her should not have worked like it did.

Holm has giant holes in her skillset though. Valentina Shevchenko shut her whole game down with leg kicks.

Axiom

For what it's worth, the only UFC fight I've ever been to was to see Ronda and while I follow and enjoy discussion of MMA in general, I don't really take the time to watch anything but gifs in threads like this and listen to podcasts by John Pollock.

I am interested in actually watching this primarily because it's Ronda and I can't imagine I'm the only one - but the timing is super shitty and spending $50 to see a fight that won't even air until it's almost evening on New Years Eve doesn't sound too appealing.

Still though, I saw the lady lose in person and she never lost the mystique they built up for plebs like me.

Chesskid1

Banned
i remember people were like holy shit nunes would absolutely destroy rousey at first, then people started to analyze the fight and realized nunes style plays into ronda's.

kind of like how people said romero would absolutely wallop bisping, but are now saying bisping would be pretty tough for romero.

kinggroin

Banned
My prediction. If Ronda wins, it'll be early via submission.

If this goes past 2nd round, Nunes will take a decision.

No KO.

Chumley

Banned
i remember people were like holy shit nunes would absolutely destroy rousey at first, then people started to analyze the fight and realized nunes style plays into ronda's.

kind of like how people said romero would absolutely wallop bisping, but are now saying bisping would be pretty tough for romero.

Weidman only lost to Romero because he got sloppy and walked into that huge knee. I don't see Bisping being that careless and he can take more punishment than any UFC fighter on the roster, and has unlimited cardio. I still think it's a 50/50 fight but Bisping wearing down Romero is as likely as Romero knocking him out.

NomarTyme

I like Nunez! her background is incredible! First openly gay fighter is pretty huge. Kind of sad to see UFC not advertise her as much as Ronda(I know Ronda is a much bigger star). Ronda not wanting to do pressers really hurts this card. She is physically ready, but we don't her mental makeup. She always tries to play the underdog role and me against the world deal.

My prediction. If Ronda wins, it'll be early via submission.

If this goes past 2nd round, Nunes will take a decision.

No KO.

I don't know about this. Nuez tank isn't so good. Her winning in decision would be surprising.

Busty

Banned
1210.png

I'm surprised the Cruz fight is even that close. If I were to bet, it would be on Honda. I don't think Amanda has the skills to do what Holly did to Honda.

Could someone explain to me what the "-130" means in terms of betting? I'm not a gambler myself and my working knowledge of betting doesn't extend much beyond 10 to 1 etc, etc.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Could someone explain to me what the "-130" means in terms of betting? I'm not a gambler myself and my working knowledge of betting doesn't extend much beyond 10 to 1 etc, etc.

(favorite) -130 : Bet $130 to win $100
(underdog) +130: Bet $100 to win $130

Chesskid1

Banned
man, this feels one of the biggest matches ever.

i mean if ronda wins, i expect her to appear everywhere, back in movies, tv shows, people throwing money at her to do anything

and if ronda loses she may quietly go away.

such huge differences between a win and a loss, but something she started herself by her handling of her first loss.

i like i didn't care about this match at all two weeks ago, and here i am being a hypeman.

Anyone feel like Ronda will be scared and hesitant being in the ring again after all this time? She looks like a different person now (pale and emotional), idk but thisll be interesting to see, how it plays out - cause it could go either way.
Either Rousey gets her shit pushed in or she does this Hollywood-like comeback?
Wouldnt be surprised if she takes something pre-fight to get her amped up...5-hour energy? ayyyy

N° 2048

Look deeper...its like a face shes putting up, she looks fragile. Lets see if she proves me wrong

Let's be real, this is the truth. She would have done all the media if she wasn't so mentally fragile right now.

How many other fighters have lost and still do their media duties? A lot.

I got Ronda taking this with the assumption she won't be trying to show off her striking skills for a Mayweather fight that won't ever happen.

Levito

Banned
Let's be real, this is the truth. She would have done all the media if she wasn't so mentally fragile right now.

How many other fighters have lost and still do their media duties? A lot.

Her whole demeanor isn't that of a confident person. She's already saying this will be one of her last fights.

I'm sure someone is going to reply to this saying it's all a marketing gimmick to sell a fight, to that I preemptively say: You really think Ronda Rousey, a Sandy-Hook-truther(aka really fucking stupid) is also a brilliant master promoter like Conor Mcgregor?

Cmon now.

kinggroin

Banned
Nunes decision would be really surprising. She has the worst gas tank at women's 135

I think either way whoever wins, does it by finish

I like Nunez! her background is incredible! First openly gay fighter is pretty huge. Kind of sad to see UFC not advertise her as much as Ronda(I know Ronda is a much bigger star). Ronda not wanting to do pressers really hurts this card. She is physically ready, but we don't her mental makeup. She always tries to play the underdog role and me against the world deal.

I don't know about this. Nuez tank isn't so good. Her winning in decision would be surprising.

Hmmmm, then Ronda is taking it.

Nunes style feeds right into hers.

rugioh

Banned
I just don't buy it. I don't buy that Nunes will be able to plug all of her problem areas when gassed. If she doesn't get it done in the first she always gets mad sloppy in movement in the following rounds. Doesn't help that Honda looks like SSJ3 Goku. Ascended past the level of an ascended Honda.

Macattk15

I think Liz Carmouche was the first openly gay fighter in the UFC before Amanda.

Remember earlier when we were wondering how this Event / PPV will do? Yeah...

Told @TMobileArena opening up standing room only for very first time tomorrow. #UFC207 will be biggest Vegas crowd ever for @ufc event.

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkieJohn/status/814668329654755328

Wow. Also told early trending indicates #UFC207 could possibly contend for the @ufc's pay-per-view sales record. That is incredible.

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkieJohn/status/814671669625319429

Rousey is still enormous among the casual MMA crowd

Biff

I'm so conflicted.

On one hand, you have a fighter who has openly stated this is one of her last fights ever. Like... What? Who says that while preparing for their next competition?

On the other hand, Ronda and her camp had unlimited resources. Time, money, and nonexistent media distractions.

I just don't think the level of competition in the Women's division is high enough yet to overcome the latter. Nunes's toughest test was Schevchenko where she had a significant size advantage. The Miesha fight was a joke... Let's not pretend it was any form of a test.

I'm going Ronda.

People should really let the Sandy Hook Truther thing go already. It was years ago she said that and yes it was asinine and stupid as fuck. But we've all said dumb shitty things in our lives. She's never stood by it and probably doesn't even believe it herself at this point.

There are plenty of other current reasons to dislike Ronda if you want to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom