• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 hits PS4 on May 26th, $24.99: PS3 Stick Support Confirmed!

Maulik

You know you want a stick, maybe even a real mans stick with premium artwork.

mad-catz-brawlstick.jpg

This could be a good cheap alternative if you wanted a pad.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SFRHP4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

alstein

Does this game also have a online multi-player region lock, just like mortal Kombat x?

It doesn't on previous consoles and PC- though there is a region filter.

Cross-region play is iffy- East Coast US to UK/France is doable (no worse than playing Cali)

Armaly

Does this game also have a online multi-player region lock, just like mortal Kombat x?

It allows cross region play. When Ultra first launched on PC I would regularly play with my friend from the UK(I live on the east coast). Connection was ass and we'd get tons of lag. After the beta patch it vastly improved and now we're yellow - green between each other and get minimal lag. If you're hesitant i'd recommend waiting until you hear about the net code.

Codiox

It doesn't on previous consoles and PC- though there is a region filter.

Cross-region play is iffy- East Coast US to UK/France is doable (no worse than playing Cali)

Alright thanks! I'm from germany and want to play in Europe region,but will buy it on the US store.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I would but my issue is that i have a projector setup with all my devices in another room. Need wireless unfortunately.

The earlier Mad Catz fight pads with wireless aren't very good. Wired is the way to go with them. I used to have problems with the wireless signal being lost or just lousy build quality of those pads. The wired pads have been much better. I know it's not the most convenient method, but what about getting a wired pad or stick and using a USB extension cable?

Maulik

The earlier Mad Catz fight pads with wireless aren't very good. Wired is the way to go with them. I used to have problems with the wireless signal being lost or just lousy build quality of those pads. The wired pads have been much better. I know it's not the most convenient method, but what about getting a wired pad or stick and using a USB extension cable?

True. Extended USB cable would be one possible solution. I figure i'll test this out and if all else fails, i always have Guilty Gear Xrd to fallback to. #pleasemakeallfighters4buttons

Hasney

Ended up getting a Venom PS4 stick based on reviews. They're quite good for the price it seems and can be modded fairly easily while being half the price of the TE2, which appears to have build quality issues.

To be honest, I'm coming from the 360 Tekken 6 wireless stick and I was OK with that, which shows just how high level I'm playing at :lol

farisr

Oh shit. Forgot about plus completely

I often forget about it too (being required for online play). I have the sub for the IGC which has been well worth it for me, and I stacked up on the sub when they were $25-30, so I'm good till like 2020 or something. (I did this before PS4 was actually revealed to have multiplayer tied to ps+)

jbug617

Banned
Capcom Unity Blog post. Confirmed PS3 arcade stick support will be like MKX.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2015/05/26/usfiv-on-ps4-out-today

For one player:

Power up the PS4.
Use a PS4 controller to sign into an account or the guest account.
Load up USFIV.
Once the game is loaded, plug the PS3 stick of your choice into the other USB slot and the stick should now function.
Please note that:
the PS4 controller will also control the character even though the PS3 stick is plugged in.
the PS4 controller used to sign in must remain synched to the PS4. If it loses power or connectivity, the joystick will become deactivated.

For two players:

Power up the PS4.
Use a PS4 controller to sign into an account or the guest account.
Load up USFIV.
Once the game has loaded, player 1 should unplug the PS4 controller, yet ensure that it remains synched and plug in a PS3 stick of choice into one of the vacant USB slots. It should now function.
Player 1 should head to versus mode.
Once at the selection screen, Player 2 will then have to sign into another account or a guest account.
Once signed in, Player 2 should then press the “option” button to join versus mode.
Player 2 should now be able to move around the selection screen.
Once this is completed, player 2 should unplug in the PS4 controller, yet ensure that it remains synched and plug in a PS3 stick of choice into one of the vacant USB slots. The stick should now function.
Please note that:
the PS4 controllers will also control the characters even though the PS3 sticks are plugged in.
the PS4 controllers used to sign in must remain synched to the PS4. If either loses power or connectivity, the corresponding joystick will become deactivated.

Grace Chen time is a bitch, Playstation store always updates on time when I'm not anticipating anything but if I'm expecting something then it will probably take all day. Hope I'm wrong.

In truth, I really just like Street Fighter for its ethnic and cultural stereotypes. Take those away and it's less fun to play.

Get me an Eskimo, a Crocodile Dundee ripoff, a Nazi and a cheese eating Canadian for Street Fighter 5 and I will be loving it up. I grew up with 1980's wrestling so it's in my blood.

In truth, I really just like Street Fighter for its ethnic and cultural stereotypes. Take those away and it's less fun to play.

Get me an Eskimo, a Crocodile Dundee ripoff, a Nazi and a cheese eating Canadian for Street Fighter 5 and I will be loving it up. I grew up with 1980's wrestling so it's in my blood.
Cheese eating Canadian? You mean a lumberjack hockey player right?

Skilletor

Jamie OD

You will love Punch-Out Wii if you haven't played it yet.

FinKL

Yeah, it works natively, but that doesn't mean no lag. That was the Guilty Gear TE 2.

For instance, here is the PS3 list being used on a PS3:

PS3%20Arcade%20stick%20lag%20results%2001252015.png

This is blowing my mind right now. Who would of thought the sticks vary, although not by much. I guess it's not really a big deal as I think most people perceive lag when > 30ms?

gooey

Neo Member
5th(???) purchase of Street Fighter IV LET'S GO!
I play at least 50-300 hours per version so I ain't mad. Time to wear this PS4 d-pad in.

Everyone concerned with those "stick lag test results" charts should read Duckie's thoughts on it.

I already have customers asking me about this chart, and that's making me angry.

Why angry? Because the average person has no idea how to truly interpret this data, and especially as to what it means to them.

To the average player, this chart means JACK SQUAT. If someone loses in a match, it's 99.99% them being outplayed and 0.01% input lag. I really wish this would have included real-world applications, but instead most end-users interpret this as "any lag = bad" therefore "dual mods cause lag, so dual mods are bad."

Unfortunately, bad news travels faster than good news, so no matter how many times I explain to people how useless these test results are for them, people are now going to think dual mods are bad.

"From what I gather they're saying that the ps360+ lag on 360 equates to a little more than 1 frame of lag. If I go into training on SF4 and change the network simulation from 0 to 1 I actually notice a difference. It isn't huge, but I sure as heck prefer it at 0. With that 1 frame of lag added it doesn't feel 'right'. Things feel much tighter with 0 frames of lag added. If that's the real world application of the increased PS360+ lag than its a problem."

There is no comparison between input lag inherent in online play and input lag (if any) in your arcade stick. None whatsoever. In fact, online play should NEVER come up in any matter concerning local match play, including (and especially) tournament play.

"Also, I see people lose pro matches all of the time because they missed the last hit on their combo. People shouldn't have to go 'well my stick has lag so I need to play around that'. Especially when they have the option to purchase a stick without that problem.

I'm really concerned now. I would be interested to know if there's another way to dual mod that doesn't have these problems, or if there's just a 360 / PC lag free PCB that can be purchased."

This is exactly what I'm talking about. What you've done here is misinterpreted the data and created a problem where none existed, and this is my problem with the tier list and the data itself.

I have personally witnessed several pro players win tournaments using the MadCatz TE, supposedly the worst stick on this list. I myself have worked on over a thousand arcade sticks, including either dual-modding or working on sticks for Chris G, Justin Wong, PR Balrog, Ryan Hart, Filipino Champ, and many others -- sticks that these players have used to win majors. Point is -- I kinda know what I'm talking about when it comes to arcade sticks. You can trust me when I tell you that the stuff I and other modders use is just fine. MC Cthulhu, Cerberus, ChImp, PS360+ -- ALL JUST FINE.

I cannot overstress this enough: THE RESULTS OF THESE TESTS MEAN NOTHING TO THE AVERAGE PLAYER IN REAL-WORLD GAMEPLAY.

emphasis added

Mr. X

Gotta wonder how LabZero did profile assignments for Skullgirls.

Via Mike Z

A profile is not required for the driver, it is required by the GAME for savedata and trophies and things. The PS3 driver itself doesn't care about any profiles or anything at all besides which sticks are plugged in. (Though I would assume you don't need to keep the controller actually physically plugged in, just not dead, so the 2 USB ports isn't really an issue unless you're at low battery, and you can probably plug the DS4 into another USB port like your phone charger, for power. That's some sideways spin there, heh.)

SG does NOT work that way, as already shown on repeated Salty streams. SG keeps the profile that started the game always logged in, and that's the only profile it uses no matter which controllers you add or remove. You need a single DS4 to press one button and dismiss the "You plugged in a legacy controller, the Home button won't work" message that you get when plugging in a PS3 stick the first time - and we're trying to fix that, too! - but after that point you can disconnect the DS4 and play the game entirely with PS3 sticks until you turn it off. I even wrote special code where if the DS4 was in charge of the menus, when you unplug it the game finds the first PS3 stick and puts that one in charge, which is not how other console versions work.

[edit] Just checked with my phone charger, you can leave a DS4 connected to your PS4 and charge it that way. If you connect it to something else that recognizes it as a controller (like your PC, with DS4 drivers) then it will disconnect from the PS4.

I am not sure how i feel about my madcatz stick being all the way at the bottom of that chart.

Bullshit

Then again i am not a pro player and really enjoy the game.

PSN Store could you please update already!!!!

Sillution

I am not sure how i feel about my madcatz stick being all the way at the bottom of that chart.

Bullshit

The again i am not pro player and really enjoy the game.

PSN Store could you please update already!!!!

Thats how I feel to now looking at this chart but at the same time tons and tons of top level players use them so it cant be that bad...

Mr. X

People keep talking about the input lag between console versions.

I just want to clarify that PS3 and Arcade have the same timing/input lag and the 360 had the wrong timing since it was faster than arcade.

nikos

EVO was run on PS3 (now PS4) and top players have used those "laggy" sticks to compete. It's good information but it doesn't make a difference in real world usage, especially if you're playing online.

Top Bottom