• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

『Inaba Resident』;165601064 said:
Aside from color indication of connection quality online not being 100% accurate, I have no issues with it all. Its pretty great. I'd wait until the steam summer sale though so you can get it when its cheaper.

Ya, I'd say wait for the summer sale, especially since it's less than a month away probably. It's an amazing port and definitely has the most solid netcode of all the platforms(besides the whole color indicators thing). All the fixes that were initially needed have been applied.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. Is the input lag supposed to be as good as 360's?

AmyS

It's sickening that the PS4 version was farmed out to the cheapest, least-capable, lowliest developer.

It's almost not even Other Ocean's fault, it's Sony's and Capcom's, or just Sony's if you like, but whatever.

Roto13

I have been, but I wish I could have discourse without a disclaimer in each message explaining that I'm not apologizing for the port.

My argument is more like, be outraged quieter. If you're a pro player, get your refund and move on. Take your principled stance against bad industry practices out on something shitty like Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty. Almost any port made in this age given the same level of scrutiny could be blasted up the ass on day 1.

I'm gonna go actually play it now and see if I can get some sweet new glitches to complain about. ;-)

And just like every other time in the game's development cycle that issues like this came up, they we're patched. It's not a big deal.

Shill much?

As someone who has bought almost every version of this game on every platform, I would have gotten this anyways if for nothing else but lol's and the fact that I can upload shit to youtube without any extra hardware or software. So if I find some cool set up and want to be the first to claim that shit, at least I will find some use in the PS4 version lol(assuming everything works correctly).

I'm really disappointed things are like this right now though. I really wanted to make this my main version because I thought a good port would mean that a lot of good/decent competition and I like having the extra PS4 features on top of it because I'm no tech head.

Despite his conflicts with many members of the FGW thread (honestly I can't even remember what it was about) it looks like Ian still lurks GAF pretty often. I often see GAF cited as a source for him finding important FGC related news a lot in his SRK articles.

It is most certainly misleading to exaggerate the issues the way some people have been :)

Like seriously, has anyone with the game seen a single invisible projectile on their own?

I certainly haven't.

I've played this game for many hours now, and haven't seen invisible sonic booms, Dudley's making strange sounds, glitching Juris, or massive input lag.

It's not perfect, but FOR ME it hasn't been NEARLY as bad as people make it sound. And, I've already posted Gilley's tweet about the input lag, so I'm not just a "noob who can't feel lag". Gameplay-wise, it has been on par with PS3 for me.

Also, I'd also like to note, that there are A LOT of people online playing...so they aren't experiencing the nightmares that everyone seems to be talking about either.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT DEFENDING THE PORT. It should be fixed (and It's being fixed.)

But, let's not exaggerate, and claim that everyone is experiencing "the madness".

Teeth

Outraged_zpsnjxl8et1.jpg

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Are you so tight on money that you can't afford to be without your 25 dollars until the patch comes out? You'd still have something to play in the mean time. People don't seem to care much about money considering they're suggesting buying 360s haha

LOL. Why would he buy it now rather than wait to see if it gets fixed at all? Hahahaha. What a strange way of looking at this.

Death2494

It's Sony's fault for lack of oversight
It's Other Ocean's fault for everything else.

It was already dropped from EVO so.....and is pending until patch is released on Capcom Tour.

Sucks for Sony since they're backing Capcom Pro Tour with 500k pot bonus to be played on their competitor's legacy system.

Houndi101

I have a feeling this thread is gonna end up locked soon.

Anyhow, it's not about not being able to afford 25 dollars but the fact that we shouldn't support bad products. That's why you never pre-order, not even in the face of Kojima productions.

Tripon

I bought it on release day for $25, and I've been so mad at this port since. I finally tried online tonight and I just wanted to punch somebody after playing about 30 minutes. I couldn't find matches for a good 15 minutes in ranked battles until I switched to Endless and then when I played, the game lagged on a fucking ultra animation.

Jesus Christ Other Ocean, why.

Death2494

LOL. Why would he buy it now rather than wait to see if it gets fixed at all? Hahahaha. What a strange way of looking at this.

Not all these problem are affecting everyone in exactly the same way. I have a couple of friends on PSN who've purchased the game and haven't had the issues reported here. Some problems with the game are widespread while others seem to be isolated issues varying from system to system.

Death2494

In other words, try not to embarrass yourself while excising your first amendment right. There is a thin line between concerned consumer and pretentious, entitled consumer.
You realize not everyone here lives in the US? How about try not embarrassing yourself. (though to be fair I think USF4 is only out in the US so far, it's still a baffling thing to see on a message board with more than just US participants)
How is the region you live in relevant to my statement? Also in what way exactly am I embarrassing myself?

FSLink

Banned
In other words, try not to embarrass yourself while excising your first amendment right.

You realize not everyone here lives in the US? How about try not embarrassing yourself. (though to be fair I think USF4 is only out in the US so far, it's still a baffling thing to see on a message board with more than just US participants)

Tripon

In other words, try not to embarrass yourself while excising your first amendment right. There is a thin line between concerned consumer and pretentious, entitled consumer.

This is such a ridiculous notion, "Only criticize in moderate tones".

Dude, fuck that.

Edzi

The last few pages of this thread have been absolutely painful to read, and I'm convinced that the apologists here are trolling.

Be outraged quieter tho.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I have a feeling this thread is gonna end up locked soon.

Anyhow, it's not about not being able to afford 25 dollars but the fact that we shouldn't support bad products. That's why you never pre-order, not even in the face of Kojima productions.

Well at least there was no way to preorder. That wasn't an issue here.

THough it was warming to buy it day one, then start reading reports of its borkedness while PSN's busy telling me "LOL 26 hours to download!" (WIth a DL of 120mpbs, WTF?) So I got to wait until the next day to see for myself. Oh well.

At least Beezelbuffo can rest easy knowing I put $25 into this train wreck already.

roknin

The last few pages of this thread have been absolutely painful to read, and I'm convinced that the apologists here are trolling.

Be outraged quieter tho.

Yeah, I'm... kinda' in disbelief. Left the thread this morning, didn't expect to come back to... well, all that.

The port is indefensible, period. Just like any bug, you yourself may not run into it, but that doesn't mean the game is fine. If anything that makes it worse, because it's inconsistent.

Considering the pedigree of who's in charge of the port (and apparently still in charge of fixing it), I'm not confident in the emminent patch, but for the sake of SFV, Sony, Capcom and the community at large, I hope it's flawless.

While it seems that they're quickly working on patching stuff and might be able to fix the visual, audio and input lag issues, the biggest problem imo are the game logic bugs (missing combos, moves changed slightly) the port somehow introduced. People probably haven't even found all of them. I mean at what point can you be confident that the game is tournament ready and doesn't still have new bugs that weren't in the other versions. None of this matters for casual players but wasn't the whole purpose of this port to transition pro players to PS4 before SFV comes out? What can they even do at this point

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
While it seems that they're quickly working on patching stuff and might be able to fix the visual, audio and input lag issues, the biggest problem imo are the game logic bugs (missing combos, moves changed slightly) the port somehow introduced. People probably haven't even found all of them. I mean at what point can you be confident that the game is tournament ready and doesn't still have new bugs that weren't in the other versions. None of this matters for casual players but wasn't the whole purpose of this port to transition pro players to PS4 before SFV comes out? What can they even do at this point

Port the PC version that actually works?

Hasney

Honestly, if this patch fixes anything major, then I'm going to assume it's patch fuckups that caused all this. No Europe Day 1 patch and the patch notes on the other copies being listed as 1.07 when the actual version is lower.

Onemic

Thanks for the recommendations guys. Is the input lag supposed to be as good as 360's?

AFAIK (i haven't played it in PC) is even better, arcade accurate even.

If you have vsync off it has less than the 360, but then you get screen tearing. With vsync on its the same amount of lag as the arcade version....which is the same amount of lag as the PS3 version. If you have a gsync monitor then its the same as having vsync off. Lastly if you have an AMD GPU and use windowed vsync then it has around the same amount of lag as the 360 version.

Pretty much, unless you have a gsync, just set vsync on lol.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
It's the least I could do for the man who gave me the best Resident Evil and SFA page layouts of all time.

Oh wow, thank you! Nostalgia! May your design efforts help "be outraged quieter" to live on forever.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Not all these problem are affecting everyone in exactly the same way. I have a couple of friends on PSN who've purchased the game and haven't had the issues reported here. Some problems with the game are widespread while others seem to be isolated issues varying from system to system.

So play Russian roulette now, and you're silly for waiting until the gun's not loaded in a few weeks?

Sayad

1) By the time they get it to a good state SF5 beta will be around the corner... and no one will give two shits about this version anyway.

2) They are wasting their money and time to do more than 1 patch on this.
Other than release, which they already fucked up, the highest this game would have sold is just before SFV, you know how hype works, it's not unheard of to see old games gets a sales boost just before the release of the next iteration.

Also, this will be the only SFIV version on this gen of consoles for quite a while if not through the whole generation, with it being the last version of SFIV, they absolutely have to fix it. This is what people who don't game on PC will buy if they want SF4 in the next few years.

roknin

Yup, the bolded in particular is exactly what I mean.

The fact that some people aren't seeing these things that are clearly not phantoms (aka they've been recorded and happened to more than a few people), means that there are probably plenty of other character interactions that are bugged deeper in the code.
This is just the day 2 stuff.

Csr

It is a weird thing to say but the guy obviously meant that some people are overreacting, which i have no idea if it is true or not.

The port is obviously pretty bad but people that are more casual about sf may not care. For a lot of other folks like myself who have spent countless hours with the game it is unacceptable. I would not trust this version at all even if i hadn't experienced a glitch myself.
I personally would probably still be upset with the game if i had bought it even if the only problem was the blurry graphics, the menus and the sound but the possibility that properties of moves are randomly changed and bugs happening in a match means the port is completely useless for me.

Both sony and capcom are to blame imo but i am more baffled by how capcom let this port release as it is. Don't they care if their ip's image is damaged? I guess after how the steam transition went and other questionable desicions over the years i shouldn't be suprised by what capcom does any more.

Top Bottom