• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

I almost forgot this game originally came out a year ago and this version is only 25 bucks with all the dlc...sheesh... i wonder what would happen if this was SFV. 52 pages?... The game will be fixed in due time relax people.

Tripon

This port was marketed directly to the competitive crowd. Gio Corsi fucking called it the tournament standard. Saying casuals would be okay with how broken the port is missing the point. Sony was marketing the PS4 version as the version.

This port was marketed directly to the competitive crowd. Gio Corsi fucking called it the tournament standard. Saying casuals would be okay with how broken the port is missing the point. Sony was marketing the PS4 version as the version.

Which can still be a reality after patches. Everyone acts as if this version is doomed forever after 2 days.

This quote from Corsi still kills me

" I’d love to get it to you sooner, but honestly, we’re playing it too much, so you’ll just have to wait!"

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...id=589081840134135808&adbpl=tw&adbpr=10671602

Of course you were Gio, of course you were. TBH I don't think their is even any reason to get upset at the guy. He sounds like a PR dude and would say something similar regardless of what product his company was promoting. I'm still more upset at Sony for choosing a shit team and Capcom isn't off the hook either. It's their IP, they should monitor it All is not forgiven if this gets fixed, but do it anyways to restore some faith.

Huggers

Frustrating. I'll wait until it's fixed before buying. Fortunately I was poor upon release otherwise I'd have it already

roknin

I don't get the "us casuals will enjoy it, you competitive guys are overreacting" statements. Um... yay?

It's the equivalent of seeing a cyclist's bike with a flat as you drive by, head out the window yelling "well MY wheels are okay, sucks to be you!"

Competitive players have every right to be worried about how this version turns out if it eventually ends up on the Pro Tour again. You're talking about people spending a grip of money to travel to these events to compete.

I'd probably eat my arcade stick live if I was E. Ryu, about to hit the game-winning BnB I've yet to miss for years, only to have the game code randomly decide to bug out and teleport me through the opponent.

Which can still be a reality after patches. Everyone acts as if this version is doomed forever after 2 days.

I mean if they do, I'd be impressed. That's not hyperbole, I'd seriously be impressed.

The only way I could see it would be if they were aware of all the bugs prior to release, and were just holding on to some miracle patch for after release...

But at that point, I'd have to ask, why not just... wait to make sure that worked, then release it?

Case in point: Capcom themselves (at least IIRC it was them, it might have been farmed out at the time, too) tried to do an emergency patch to fix some wonky things in SFxT after launch, including online issues.

They introduced the infamous Rolento-Ibuki "Time Stop" glitch.

That's how these things go when a patch is rushed, and considering the state of the game right now, it seems really, really unlikely they'll catch everything.

Unless, like I said, this was all known pre-launch. In which case that IMO is even more troublesome.

I guess there could be a case of "we released the wrong un-patched version oops" but then I'd suspect they would have jumped in front of that sooner.

Dunno'. Theorizing at this point. We'll see soon enough.

Csr

Yeah those statements make no sense. How could you say something like that? Don't you know people are going to find out once they play? Why did they specifically mention the input lag which is obviously not redused?
I don't think people mention the casuals to excuse the port, they are mentioning them to clarify why some people don't see major problems and others do.

I imagine trying to track all the different bugs and glitches is going to take forever. Even if they say they have done so how could you put your trust on this dev and this port with all the different problems we keep hearing about.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The fact that these problems exist at all suggest that there was something fundamentally flawed about the porting process. It seems like it's only a matter of time before more glitches are uncovered. That is not acceptable for competitive play when better versions of the game exist.

So can we get some context? How many people have actually experienced problems themselves (apart from the menu lag)? Will a casual SF player even notice anything?

The response in this thread is hard to go by. You've either got people swearing blind they're not experiencing any problems to people saying it's a disgrace to the entire company and the porting team is useless.

The hyperbole is making it extremely difficult to find out what the state of the game actually is.

So just out of curiosity, ignoring the glitches and stuff how has netplay been for any of you guys who bought it? I've played 6 matches so far. Good news is that I'm undefeated, the bad news is that even though 5 of them said they were green bars(supposedly) every match has been very laggy so far. I'd like to try again tomorrow just to see if it continues staying this bad.

It's kind of funny but I can actually deal with the lack of AF, slightly different feel(although this doesn't actually bother me much), and glitches/changes. But what's really bugging me is the slow menus. Even if this game stays busted, they should be able to at least fix that, right?

So can we get some context? How many people have actually experienced problems themselves (apart from the menu lag)? Will a casual SF player even notice anything?

The response in this thread is hard to go by. You've either got people swearing blind they're not experiencing any problems to people saying it's a disgrace to the entire company and the porting team is useless.

The hyperbole is making it extremely difficult to find out what the state of the game actually is.

Not to mention that nowadays, every single bug get easy visibility and can make the news with the Share button. I've only finished the arcade mode with Decapre, Ryu and Ken, not a single bug for me so far, but I don't know who are the most bugged characters (Guile seems so be one of them with the Sonic Boom ?).

What's crazy is people saying that no patch can fix the game. That's nonsense, the core of the game is not broken, everything can and will be patched, though it's obviously too risky to put the game on tournaments.

Nocturno999

Long story short. The PS4 version is the one that has more input lag. Obviously you can't play this at tournament levels.

Now how how do you measure a casual gamer? Some of these beginners will eventually want to "git gud". Using the training stage for combo practice or learning how to punish opponents' whiffs, etc. is just as bad.

Online well, it's better than PS3 definitely, not as good as PC. Online is good for learning matchups and opponent's behavior. But not much else.

JediLink

I'll wait for summer sale, but that is lacking all the DLC outfits right? Seems you have to add in almost the cost of a retail game to get them with it.
You'll find that that's very quickly made up for by the amazing variety of free mods. You might have to pay a bit extra to play as furry Juri on the PC version, but no matter how much money you throw, you'll never be able to play as Samus fucking Aran on the PS4 version.

Long story short. The PS4 version is the one that has more input lag. Obviously you can't play this at tournament levels.

Now how how do you measure a casual gamer? Some of these beginners will eventually want to "git gud". Using the training stage for combo practice or learning how to punish opponents' whiffs, etc. is just as bad.

Online well, it's better than PS3 definitely, not as good as PC. Online is good for learning matchups and opponent's behavior. But not much else.
I'm not at all bothered with getting good as I only want to play with friends online, I only really want to learn the specials and supers and complete arcade mode with most of the characters.

Will I notice anything really bad or should I just wait for the patch, I can't see it going down in price so why wait if it doesn't affect me?

Houndi101

I'm not at all bothered with getting good as I only want to play with friends online, I only really want to learn the specials and supers and complete arcade mode with most of the characters.

Will I notice anything really bad or should I just wait for the patch, I can't see it going down in price so why wait if it doesn't affect me?

Get some other fighting game that's atleast in good condition techwise please.

Wait, do Beelzebufo and riskVSreward work for Other Ocean?

If they do, I'd really love to know what the hell is going on over there for them to produce such a mess of a game.

If that's all you're concerned about I don't see why you shouldn't.

Nocturno999

Then I don't think it's that bad if you don't care. Most bugs are cosmetic stuff and and a few errors that can be fixed. The online seems to have a lot of leniency so you'll be fine. The menu is too damn slow and can be annoying even to casuals.

So just out of curiosity, ignoring the glitches and stuff how has netplay been for any of you guys who bought it? I've played 6 matches so far. Good news is that I'm undefeated, the bad news is that even though 5 of them said they were green bars(supposedly) every match has been very laggy so far. I'd like to try again tomorrow just to see if it continues staying this bad.

It's kind of funny but I can actually deal with the lack of AF, slightly different feel(although this doesn't actually bother me much), and glitches/changes. But what's really bugging me is the slow menus. Even if this game stays busted, they should be able to at least fix that, right?

Its been terrible for me. Worse than ps3 (which is bad) Maybe psn doesn't play nice with my ISP. 360 is fine and dandy. I'm going back to 360, but I'm worried for sfv and my psn connection through my ISP. Mkx is not that great either.

Will get tekken 7 on xbox one, haha.

I never played SF4 before, and it's been long enough since I last played a legit fighter that I forgot how to block and had to look it up.

This thing is SO broken. It all just feels slightly off, all the time. And I noticed this before I heard the kerfuffle. I'm surprised they shipped it like this.

Well, maybe not surprised, just disappointed. I hope it gets fixed asap because I can't keep faith for SF5 with stuff being this messed up, regardless of the vast difference in team competence. Just shows a lack of care to somehow break something THAT WASN'T BROKEN.

Justinh

EDIT: Even then, you can see Sakura's hurricane kick whiff on PS4 when it doesn't on PC. I wonder if the setup is exactly the same on both.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Been rewatching it to try and figure out if she was closer or something. I don't remember ever seeing that before though.

lLLjoTh.gif
she does look a little closer, but I still don't remember this ever happening. I guess I'll have to check when I play later today.

FiggyCal

Banned
Not particularly useful if they're only concerned about graphical effects, imo.

EDIT: Even then, you can see Sakura's hurricane kick whiff on PS4 when it doesn't on PC. I doubt that's normal, even if the setup looks slightly different in the comparison.

Yeah. That was interesting.

I also don't think Ryu was supposed to jitter like that.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Been rewatching it to try and figure out if she was closer or something. I don't remember ever seeing that before though.

she does look a little closer, but I still don't remember this ever happening. I guess I'll have to check when I play later today.
Even though I don't think it should whiff like that she's for sure closer to him in the ps4 version.

FiggyCal

Banned
Even though I don't think it should whiff like that she's for sure closer to him in the ps4 version.

I feel like Sakuras tatsu whiffing is a problem in the older versions as well. I an remember. Someone should check on it maybe. And it did indeed look like ken canceled a hadouken into super.

lLLjoTh.gif

Excuse me?!?

oh, yeah sorry.
She's doing this with DeeJay in the Corner on 360. Guess I just never noticed it before.
Weird to see DeeJay teleport behind her

edit: not just in the corner

Wait, so you are saying that this is normal? I don't play Sakura, so I might have to test that, but the response was in my belief, that this is not an intentional behaviour. Is it? Now I'm just confused

VariantX

Yeah, she looks a good bit closer in the ps4 version. When she starts her shunpukyaku on the PC version her foot is on the boundary of one of the squares in the grid, while her foot is just a tad to the left of the center of the square. May just be the way the move works. Good thing it was on the training stage or it'd be way harder to tell where she is in relation to the corner.

Top Bottom