• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

Justinh

Wait, so you are saying that this is normal? I don't play Sakura, so I might have to test that, but the response was in my belief, that this is not an intentional behaviour. Is it? Now I'm just confused

I guess it's normal. It happens, and it happens again for me on 360

Peltz

Yeah, I noticed that too. Been rewatching it to try and figure out if she was closer or something. I don't remember ever seeing that before though.

she does look a little closer, but I still don't remember this ever happening. I guess I'll have to check when I play later today.

That DOES look bad. I hope they can fix it.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I would argue it's more irresponsible to scare off someone from a game they might enjoy just because you're unhappy with it personally. There's a lot of misinformation about how bad the port is in this thread.
It would be ludicrous to argue that, as in one case the person can decide to make the purchase at any future point while in the other case the potential mistake and loss of money is irrevocable. Equating the two is first-rate stupidity.

It doesn't really matter if the flaws are being exaggerated. The product isn't what was promised and people can easily wait and see if it gets fixed. Acting like someone missing out on the enjoyment they could be having with it this very instant is some big concern is just silly.

Kaleinc

Banned
They ported different parts from different versions, explains everything and promotes Other Ocean from incompetent schmucks to bloody fucking geniuses.

AmyS

For the love of fuck, Do-over.

aleVxw8.png
or
yKI8nJP.png

ffs.

Chinbo37

I know that a different company is doing sf5 but I can't help to think this might pish more players to pc for sf5.

I know I am all in for the pc version of both sf4 and 5

They probably did that because the button prompts would be the same...

*facepalm*

Is that a legit reason they gave for porting the PS3 version instead of PC?

Seriously?

Man, move over High Voltage, there's a new developer trying to steal your crown for garbage ports.

The R1 button prompt has the old ps3 icon, they did not even change the symbols. Only one changed is the select->touchpad.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Been rewatching it to try and figure out if she was closer or something. I don't remember ever seeing that before though.

she does look a little closer, but I still don't remember this ever happening. I guess I'll have to check when I play later today.

Regardless, that's DeeJay that she's hitting. Almost anything can confirm on DeeJay. The PS4 version has a lot of work to be done still. It's obvious that they wanted this rushed out before C.E.O. and EVO (Sorry DeeJay players, but it's true)

Even then, you can see Sakura's hurricane kick whiff on PS4 when it doesn't on PC. I doubt that's normal, even if the setup looks slightly different in the comparison.

Nah that's actually normal, in the pc version she's doing MK hurricane kick, which is only 2 hits. In the ps4 she's doing the HK version, which is 3 hits, and will whiff on crouching and some standing characters at a close range.

Rapid/Mash type moves on the other hand, seem to have issues across the board.

Bob White

Best way I can describe this game to casuals going "it feels good to me, you guys cant get me to not have fun with it" is to say this.

Ok, us hardcores get that you are having a blast with all the problems, but just don't notice them. Ok, no harm no foul, BUT the input delay is like Chess being played with the board missing random pieces. It's that big of a deal. Maybe not a major piece like a Knight or Bishop, but maybe it's missing 1-2 side pawns.

Now, people who don't play Chess hardcore might not notice it, but you won't be playing Chess. Nothing close to the real experience.

That's how important latency is in SF4. You might not notice it, but you aren't having the real SF4 experience.

Anyways, to know that a dev knowingly made a version of Chess with missing pieces THEN seeing people say "nah, it's not that bad" is fucking infuriating. If you want to play SF4, I'm not even talking high level play, I mean, just PLAYING what SF4 is, this game IS that bad. If you just want to mash buttons and have a very watered down experience, then, go ahead.

AmyS

Best way I can describe this game to casuals going "it feels good to me, you guys cant get me to not have fun with it" is to say this.

Ok, us hardcores get that you are having a blast with all the problems, but just don't notice them. Ok, no harm no foul, BUT the input delay is like Chess being played with the board missing random pieces. It's that big of a deal. Maybe not a major piece like a Knight or Bishop, but maybe it's missing 1-2 side pawns.

Now, people who don't play Chess hardcore might not notice it, but you won't be playing Chess. Nothing close to the real experience.

That's how important latency is in SF4. You might not notice it, but you aren't having the real SF4 experience.

Anyways, to know that a dev knowingly made a version of Chess with missing pieces THEN seeing people say "nah, it's not that bad" is fucking infuriating. If you want to play SF4, I'm not even talking high level play, I mean, just PLAYING what SF4 is, this game IS that bad. If you just want to mash buttons and have a very watered down experience, then, go ahead.

Great post.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Nah that's actually normal, in the pc version she's doing MK hurricane kick, which is only 2 hits. In the ps4 she's doing the HK version, which is 3 hits, and will whiff on crouching and some standing characters at a close range.

Rapid/Mash type moves on the other hand, seem to have issues across the board.

Thanks for the correction.

To be honest, I think they need to just pull it and port over the PC version at this stage. Don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying playing it, not having the crazy lag some people are on about. Menus need fixing, and AA needs to be added. I'm no pro though, just someone who's an A class Guile and Ryu so I don't know if I can have an opinion on how it feels. It's fine for casual play though.

vg260

Is there anyway to get our 25$ back or is it gone for good..

No, only if you're incredibly lucky and they don't follow their heavy-handed policy. You'd probably have to fight like crazy and keep pushing it up the chain to get one and maaaybe they'd cave. We got shafted on this one.

No, only if you're incredibly lucky and they don't follow their heavy-handed policy. You'd probably have to fight like crazy and keep pushing it up the chain to get one and maaaybe they'd cave. We got shafted on this one.

I feel so dumb trusting capcom with this shit I even was gonna buy DMC4 but after this mess no way, I guess the money is gone since I only ever got a refund from PSN once before

Thanks for the correction.

No problem, still doesn't excuse the multiple other issues.

To give an example of how much of an issue these are for serious players, When blanka cancels jab into electricity he moves forward slightly, this is so the electricity doesn't whiff(it still whiffs at max range) but it atleast can make it safe. In the PS4 version, Blanka doesn't move forward as much when he cancels. I wish I could have video evidence to share with you guys, but if you have multiple versions of this game, you can check it yourself. While it might not seem like a big deal, and the difference in distance is very small, it means one of Blanka best pressure tools now has slightly less range of being safe, which is the difference between being safe and eating a mashed shoryuken or ultra. As someone who utilizes this a lot, it can be a big deal for me. Oddly, canceling crouching LK or MK doesn't seem have this issue.

Boke1879

So if they used the PS3 version as the base how in the world does Capcom let that happen? How does Capcom not give Sony or these devs the most updated version of the game? Just terrible mismanagement all around

Atolm

Tbh I don't care much about input lag but the online being unplayable is a deal breaker. No chances for a refund? If the online is broken this is a total ripoff and Sony should eat shit for it.

I feel so dumb trusting capcom with this shit I even was gonna buy DMC4 but after this mess no way, I guess the money is gone since I only ever got a refund from PSN once before

This is an absolutely ridiculous sentiment. DMC4 has literally nothing to do with this scenario and they've been doing weekly hour long live gameplay showcases, displaying just how perfectly the game is running. The game was developed in house and didn't involve Sony paying a cheap, shitty dev to work on it in a short amount of time.

Neoxon

God i wish people would stop acting as if they know the facts and this game will not be fixed... must exit this thread.
This, the game can be fixed. I'm just holding off on my purchase for when it is fixed.

The DMC4 Special Edition is done by Capcom themselves, no outsourcing.

BadWolf

DMC4SE is being made by the actual Devil May Cry team and headed by Itsuno himself, there is very little to worry about.

vg260

This is an absolutely ridiculous sentiment. DMC4 has literally nothing to do with this scenario and they've been doing weekly hour long live gameplay showcases, displaying just how perfectly the game is running. The game was developed in house and didn't involve Sony paying a cheap, shitty dev to work on it in a short amount of time.

True, there shouldn't be a quality concern there, but Capcom was the one who farmed out a prized IP seemingly without oversight, so it's ultimately their responsibility their IP be managed correctly. If you bought this game, I can understand the sentiment of not wanting to turn around and throw money at them as a show of disapproval of mismanagement, not so much on technical concerns.

Top Bottom