• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Trailer runs in-engine, in-game, in realtime on a single PS4 at 1080p60

Status
Not open for further replies.
I WANT TO BELIEVE

unch.gif

Would be insane if true.

EDIT: Okay, thats insane.

Not really surprising if you look at what they did last gen.

Apathy

When we saw what Sucker Punch did with Infamous SS, what RAD did with the order, we always followed by "Imagine what ND or SMM will do with PS4"

This is beyond my wildest imagination.

I hope ND deliver, even the final gameplay look 80% to cutscene (like their past work), is still crazy.

With SSM getting even more mature toolsets, what kind of gigantic battles will they create.

Siddiqui

Do you also look at Gran Turismo trailers and think they are realtime? They're all 60fps too. The choice of framerate doesn't prove anything, I don't know why you want to continue this debate.

Maybe I would have? I didn't mean to upset you. You don't have to continue discussing this.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm definitely excited for this. The new animations for Assassin's Creed Unity were incredible enough already, and ND are far better animators so I can't even imagine....

For me, TLoU is the most tense, unpredictable combat I've experienced in a game. The gunplay is really incredible at times, and when you mix in the frantic melee and break away sequences, it's just something else. In Uncharted, you add traversal and bombastic setpieces? I mean, fighting in TLoU is cool enough, but that kind of tension, while a building or some shit is collapsing around you?

Yeah...

And that trailer was totally classic Drake. People are remarking the tone is too dark, but you know just moments before shit went down. Like literally down... a plane crashed or something. He walked away from a fiery disaster for the millionth time. Wakes up in the water. Shrugs off near-death with a Fillion-like eye blink. And starts off into the jungle, undeterred.

kinggroin

Banned
What I don't really understand is we know this will be bested by other devs like SSM, QD and ND themselves in a few years. This will look "bad" by then. It just seems like something this good would happen at the end of the gen, not right at the beginning. If the gameplay comes even close I have no idea what the future will bring. Is QD's next game for example actually going to look like CG!? Like WTF

Go watch this again. This already looks like straight CG. I mean, better than most multi-million dollar production films using render farms.

If this is indicative of the real game then we may as well use PS4's as a cheap alternative to movie production.

:-/

What do you think the answer will be? Will it convince you if the answer is yes?
Yes. I just want someone higher up say it directly on twitter. Corinne was confusing with the in-engine comment later on and all the real time mentions are coming from friends and "I heard a ND employee say it". Come on Neil, just tweet the words or send Digital Foundry an official statement.

Piggus

Just a reminder that in-engine cutscene =/= gameplay.

It'll look fucking awesome while playing, but not quite at that level.

Really looking forward to this.

Watchdogs...

Yeah, because the slight Watch_Dogs downgrade TOTALLY CONFIRMS that EVERY game, including Naughty Dog's games, will see a downgrade before release.

C'mon man.

The only way up for this to be gameplay , we know this is realtime cutscene which means by uc5 we might see cutscene level as gameplay at which point there is no way up but full on Morpheus for ps5 with uc6

viveks86

Yes. I just want someone higher up say it directly on twitter. Corinne was confusing with the in-engine comment later on and all the real time mentions are coming from friends and "I heard a ND employee say it". Come on Neil, just tweet the words or send Digital Foundry an official statement.

Tweeted out to them. Will update if I hear back :)

And that trailer was totally classic Drake. People are remarking the tone is too dark, but you know just moments before shit went down. Like literally down... a plane crashed or something. He walked away from a fiery disaster for the millionth time. Wakes up in the water. Shrugs off near-death with a Fillion-like eye blink. And starts off into the jungle, undeterred.

Yup, so good.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
They really should have pulled out and had a HUD appear with someone controlling Drake just to prevent all this.

Then someone would say the HUD is bullshit or it was being played on SLI'd Titans or whatever else they could come up with. Some people aren't going to believe it until they take the game home.

The doubts among internet forum posters are no sweat off Naughty Dog's back.

Ateron

This looks too good to be true, but it's ND we're talking about here, so I will definitely give them the benefit of the doubt. Whenever graphical showpieces are a subject of conversation, ND always comes to mind, ever since the Crash days. They didn't get were they're at nowadays by lying. What would they have to gain in doing so?

They could have come up with something on par with the Order and still mesmerize everyone, as that game's visuals (if nothing else) really look stellar. I see no reason for them to lie on this. There will be better looking games on the pc soon, but right now, if that footage is real, it's the best looking game I've ever laid eyes on. No contest.

I wonder what will games look like 8 years from now. Probably almost indestinguishable from the real thing. That's kinda creepy.
and awesome

Go watch this again. This already looks like straight CG. I mean, better than most multi-million dollar production films using render farms.

If this is indicative of the real game then we may as well use PS4's as a cheap alternative to movie production.

Yeah. Not Avatar level, but pretty damn good. Obviously it's a small scene, so a big battle would never hold 60 and look this good. But still, just amazing. Which is why I don't understand that we have to rely on shitty event floor statements. If this is true ND should be shouting real time from the rooftops and send press statements out left and right, considering what they achieved here. Only thing still leaving me a bit apprehensive.

But if it is true, PS4 will apparently beat CG by 2017 lol

viveks86

They really should have pulled out and had a HUD appear with someone controlling Drake just to prevent all this.

Why would they want to prevent all this? They aren't losing any sales now are they? And people have been talking about it for 2 days. I'd be surprised if they clear up the confusion. They are getting what they wanted. I've tweeted out to them to put this trace of uncertainty to rest. Will update if I get a response.

elcapitan

This is MGS2 reveal levels of "is this real-life?" ND just put the entire industry on notice. Next-gen don't start until Naughty Dog says so.

Sorry, but Bullshit!

Yeah but still. This in 1080p at 60fps? What are the other first party devs doing? Why is Driveclub, Order, Second Son 30fps? Lazy devs? Aren't Sony's devs supposed to share their engine techs?

Infamous second son is an "open world game" not only was a launch window title , it even went in 60fps in closed spaces at times that sucker punch had to patch in a 30fps option..
So yeah i don't think that's so hard to believe.

Add in the fact that drive club is 30fps because they went crazy on the effects i have no trouble believing this.

OsirisBlack

Banned
I guess it is up to me to address the pink elephant juggling flaming chainsaws in the corner. If this is truly what Sony's system is capable of what does that mean for third party parity? I first had this question when I saw the Order and their on stage trailer (like it or not) was visually mind blowing. Then they show this?I really just can't.

What will this mean for third party companies games? Will they be comfortable being significantly outclassed by Sony's 1st party guys or will they actually try to compete graphically?

vpance

You need to work on remembering what I was replying to. You said that all PC devs would do is brute force the extra power, while I simply pointed out two of the devs that would push the technology. And again, you have no proof that ND is doing anything new. They're able to optimize on hardware that isn't at all a moving target. And you also don't know that a PC game won't look like that before it releases. Your "argument" relies on nothing more than assumptions that conveniently can't be proven wrong for another year. Again, when PCs that are 3-5 times more powerful than a PS4 are readily available, you will see a noticeable gap.

No PC game that also comes out on consoles will look like that before it releases. And I don't know of any upcoming PC exclusives that might either. But I'm interested in hearing what games you think will. I'm not really in disagreement with your last sentence though.

Nah man this look good but CG still way ahead plus multi-million dollar production films don't mean the budget went in the CG .
Sometimes it hard to tell where the budget went with those movies lol .

EDIT well that tweet should put end to this .

Goddamn, not even a year into the generation and the crow population needs to be on notice.

These first party teams...they know what the hell they're doing clearly.

In Naughty God we trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom