• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unlocking Destiny Early (Xbox One)

ethomaz

Banned
Has this trick worked for anyone yet?
It is the first time... so nobody knows yet.

I mean Destiny is the first preload game on Xbone... there are a lot of things that can not allow this early access like for example the servers are not online yet.

Shadders

It is the first time... so nobody knows yet.

I mean Destiny is the first preload game on Xbone... there are a lot of things that can not allow this early access like for example the servers are not online yet.

Yeah, I know it's the first time, but I'm seeing a lot of noise, I was wondering if anyone on here/Twitter/Reddit had actually gotten anywhere with it?

cheezcake

Australian and bought it from US store, mines still locked so a VPN won't work. Unlock time is probably based off the Store you bought it in

HunRevan

Then I guess I will have to wait even more then the release of the EU version. :( Since I bought from the US store. Ah well...

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
From a friend of mine on a different forum:

Haven't tried it yet - on my way home now, so if no-one has before then, I'll give it a go. :)

this will not work. That's not what DNS does.

The best bet (in case anyone hasn't tried it) is to use a NZ copy of the game and connect over a VPN in NZ. Not that it's at all worth it at this point to even try. But a NZ "console" with a NZ copy of the game connecting over a NZ VPN should absolutely work.

this will not work. That's not what DNS does.

The best bet (in case anyone hasn't tried it) is to use a NZ copy of the game and connect over a VPN in NZ. Not that it's at all worth it at this point to even try. But a NZ "console" with a NZ copy of the game connecting over a NZ VPN should absolutely work.

And you could always pay like 100 bucks for a NZ copy and play it now.

Tak3n

Banned
I bought mine from Japan store, so we will know in 30 mins if it is locked to what store you bought it from

JMizzlin

Reinstalling while on Aus region didn't work. I'm from Australia, also. Simply bought on US store.

Looks like no dice. But I'm glad I saved $40.

Hobiologe

I have bought several times a game from the US Store (I'm European) to grab games cheaper or earlier (e.g. PvZ) and never had a problem to download or play it. So why the hell doesn't work it now with NZ and Destiny?

Redlight

I don't think it's clear cut whether this 'trick' will work or not in the future. In the Australian store, even if you wanted to buy it right now, the game is still marked as a pre-order. Based on that its status hasn't transitioned to available for anyone in Oz just yet, whether you bought from the US store or not.

Hanmik

And you could always pay like 100 bucks for a NZ copy and play it now.

doesn´t seem to work

Alright I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it still isn't working. The only thing I can think of is that by swapping regions and purchasing other items off the US Store after I bought Destiny off the NZ store that my "Purchase region" was changed to the US and the release timer changed.

I spent an extra $40 on the NZ store just to avoid this happening. Fuck Microsoft. This has killed my excitement for the game. I'm out, have fun everyone.

thetwinsattack

Neo Member
You can freely switch region on the console. It's only your live profile you have to wait to switch regions on.

EDIT: I've switched console region 50+ times since launch.

cheezcake

That would be ass. I was hoping I could play the game at midnight, but now I'll have to wait until morning, just because I bought it in the US store?

Seems so. When I'm in Aus region game says "unavailable", when I switch console back to US region it says "Play on 9/09/09" and unlock time of 12am PDT

ethomaz

Banned
Japan... means PS4 vesion? Well I tried everything and the countdown clock didn't change :(

PS. I didn't tried to buy the game in another region... that could work.

My blu ray copy of Captain America 2 is out for delivery today, so hey at least I'm getting something early! Boooom.
:(

iSpitfireBreh

Neo Member
Someone said on reddit if you buy it from the AUS store with a Australian address then it will grant you access. Im tempted to buy the standard digital edition and do this if its 100% confirmed.

mocoworm

You can't switch your time and play it seems.

The digital dload is locked to the timezone of the region you bought it in.

Ppl in this Reddit thread who are in NZ and bought it from USA store can't play. They have to wait until 12.01 USA time.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2fsu23/destiny_is_up_baby/

If you are in UK and bought from USA you have to wait until 5am - 8am tomorrow or whenever 12.01 in the USA is.

That's what these ppl are saying anyway.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Someone said on reddit if you buy it from the AUS store with a Australian address then it will grant you access. Im tempted to buy the standard digital edition and do this if its 100% confirmed.

But the thing with this is if you have already pre-loaded or pre-ordered it doesn't give you the option to re-buy. It just says Manage or Unavailable.

You can't switch your time and play it seems.

The digital dload is locked to the timezone of the region you bought it in.

Ppl in this Reddit thread who are in NZ and bought it from USA store can't play. They have to wait until 12.01 USA time.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2fsu23/destiny_is_up_baby/

If you are in UK and bought from USA you have to wait until 5am - 8am tomorrow or whenever 12.01 in the USA is.

Though some NZ residents who bought a NZ digital copy also can't play.

lockload

I shouldn't laugh but an asshole on reddit was bragging to me how got it cheaper than the uk price by buying from USa i explained to him that with discounted UK currency cards it only cost me £8 more and i said id rather have that and play at midnight uk time his response was ill just switch to NZ anyway.....he was so arrogant about it i have to have a chuckle

Its 8am by the way

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
But if I have DGE I can still preorder the Standard edition no?

I don't think you can since you do own the game but as a part of the bundle. I think it may just show unavailable. Worth a try though see what you get.

Edit: Never mind it shows. Manage your bundle then on the right it will show other bundles.

Top Bottom