• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unlocking Destiny Early (Xbox One)

JTGreat

Was just about to post that I can't get on the one I got off the Hong Kong Store. So that would make sense.

EDIT: scrap that! I'm playing right now!

I'm wondering if this is more linked to a pre-loading/digital first time the feature has gone live for the console issue over IP region locking.

So.. are they going to ban people for this? I'm considering picking the game up, but I'm apprehensive about utilizing the glitch for early access.

Tawpgun

Wait... did you guys seriously just buy the game again off the HK store?

ie if I bought from the good ol US of A I basically have to wait to the (dumb) time of 3am EST?

Kemaleon

Neo Member
Has anyone tried changing DNS server settings?

Some New Zealand dns servers:
Primary DNS: 202.27.158.40
Secondary DNS: 202.27.156.72

Go add, then change time zone, region and reset.

Let me know if it works, I'm stuck at work until late tonight :(

Tawpgun

the hype is blinding some of you, can't believe you're gonna drop $60 on a game you already bought just to play it early.

If Yall got that kind of disposable income send some my way ill play with you guys

fwinks

Neo Member

Does't work. :\

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

The NZ and AU stores are having issues that's why it isn't working.

Tak3n

Banned
what we now can confirm

you have to change region to buy game, but not to play it early :)

at 5pm GMT the HK version of Destiny said it was ready, did not have to change region to play

excellent news

fwinks

Neo Member
There are no more issues on the XBOX.com New Zealand support website. All areas are active. If it was going to work it would work now.

Syinn

Neo Member
So did anyone buy the standard in the HK store after buying the digital guardian edition in a different region?

Tak3n

Banned
Tried switching to Hong Kong locale. It does the same thing as on the NZ locale. Saying unavailable.

re did you buy it? if you bought it on US store there is nothing you can do, you have to wait..

the game unlocks based on the store you bought it from, regardless of what locale you change in your Xbox

Loginius

So if I purchased the digital guardian edition from the us store can I only buy the standard preorder edition from the hk store?
Will I still unlock all my bonuses?

Anyone know how this works?

If it does not it will be so much easier to wait, living in germany and having bought the us version I feel stupid now, probably would have to wait until tuesday afternoon if the unlock via the region you've bought the game in is true.

In the very least I will wait for the NZ statement.
EDIT:
Seems NZ fixing xboxlive didnt do anything.

DesertFox

Won't be participating in this craziness since I'm at work, but this is entertaining what some people are doing to play less than a day early!
16aa0co.gif

Flintty

:O Should I change back to NZ then? Shall I get my party pants back on??Edit: Oh :(

re did you buy it? if you bought it on US store there is nothing you can do, you have to wait..

the game unlocks based on the store you bought it from, regardless of what locale you change in your Xbox

gossi

Hong Kong (or New Zealand etc) only works if you haven't already paid for the game. If you've pre-ordered you have to wait for it to unlock in that region's store (including if you pre-ordered the US version but live outside the US, you have to wait until midnight West Coast US time to play).

iSpitfireBreh

Neo Member
Can someone please clarify:

Do I put a local HK address to my XBL account or a HK address to my Credit Card details when im in the process of adding one for payment?

Izuna

Banned
=( You guys me feel like when you have a dream, and you have something really awesome, and then wake up to realise it was just a dream.

I HATE YOU ALL

Top Bottom