• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's to another 50 days without a trailer.

post-36434-Tyrion-Lannister-cheers-gif-dr-iK5y.gif

I won't say if it's a him or her but I can tell you that he's not dead. I absolutely can not tell you who it is but I will say it's either the Hound or Jon Snow. Oh and it's not Jon Snow.

He's clearly talking about Septon Meribald: a former warrior who turns to god and leads a group of religious monk-like characters.

Koko

Banned
I won't say if it's a him or her but I can tell you that he's not dead. I absolutely can not tell you who it is but I will say it's either the Hound or Jon Snow. Oh and it's not Jon Snow.

Lady Stoneheart confirmed!

Speevy

Banned
The bigger question is whether D and D consider season 5 an unqualified success. If they do, we're in for more of the same.

Iksenpets

Banned
The bigger question is whether D and D consider season 5 an unqualified success. If they do, we're in for more of the same.

They have to know Dorne was bad. They seemed apathetic toward that plot even before the season came out. Everything else I honestly think they would defend as the best plot they could put together given their time and budget constraints.

I doubt we'll ever see Dornish levels of hot nonsense again, but I think the kind of logically-held-together-with-string-and-tape stuff we saw in most of the other plots is here to stay.

Of course they have opinions on how things ended up, but I'm sure they think about things a bit more granular of a level on the other side of the curtain. Not just did thing A turn out the way we want it to, but what happened on production for that thing? Did we have to change locations at the last minute? We didn't get the production days we needed? How did the written scenes need to be changed in production? What did we have to cut in post cause it didn't turn out for any of the reasons above?

It's a giant puzzle and I'm sure they reflect on what worked out, what didn't, and try to use those learnings in the future.

Brakke

Banned
I just got a trailer for next season on HBOGo in front of [spoilerSan Andreas lol[[/spoiler]. More a teaser I guess. Shots of the Face Room in the temple of Black and White, featuring faces of a bunch of characters dead and living and some quotes from past episodes in voiceover. Evocative. Hype train is pulling out of the station.

Koko

Banned
I just got a trailer for next season on HBOGo in front of [spoilerSan Andreas lol[[/spoiler]. More a teaser I guess. Shots of the Face Room in the temple of Black and White, featuring faces of a bunch of characters dead and living and some quotes from past episodes in voiceover. Evocative. Hype train is pulling out of the station.

jotiB7s.gif

Where have you been for the past 3 weeks?

Ratrat

For some reason I thought Mcshane was cast as Randyl Tarly. Wonder if didn't care for his role to just throw that spoiler out there.

Surfinn

He could release a single word and it would be more than HBO has done for us.

Look, season 5 was shit, but are we really going to ignore the crapfest that was ADWD (and the mediocrity that was AFFC)?

At this point I don't trust either GRRM or HBO to give the series a satisfying conclusive. Still gonna watch/read of course, but I'm keeping my expectations low.

Dysun

Look, season 5 was shit, but are we really going to ignore the crapfest that was ADWD (and the mediocrity that was AFFC)?

At this point I don't trust either GRRM or HBO to give the series a satisfying conclusive. Still gonna watch/read of course, but I'm keeping my expectations low.

Anything in the North from ADWD was ten times better than the apex of Season 5, so yeah

...I think Speevy was just commenting on HBO not showing season 6 footage.

Forkball

He could release a single word and it would be more than HBO has done for us.

"boiled"

Hell he might even give us another: "jape"

So are we seriously not getting a trailer? I know GoT is a huge show, but the past trailers heavily contributed to the hype and fervor surrounding a new season.

I'm sure we'll get a trailer this month.

Any show or documentary premiers scheduled soon?

There aren't any shows premiering. If they release a trailer, it likely won't be tied to a show (not that it matters, GoT is approximately 49374983493 times more popular than anything they are currently airing).

Turin

Banned
I just want to see what obscure song they'll use that I could possibly get into.

Damn straight. I'd love to watch an adaption as thoughtful, nuanced, and layered as Martin's books.

Would love an animated adaption. It's nice to daydream about on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom