• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euron

Balon's finally going to accidentally fall off that rope bridge:
CdDZUtHWAAMaTIo.jpg:large
:')

It's time

NeoGiff

I've combined the two short TOJ clips into one gif and slowed it down to 25%. Ned on the left in the first shot, and possibly Gerold Hightower swinging his two swords in the second? (I'm basing that on the assumption that being known for his strength, he'd wield either a broadsword or two longswords, as is the case here).

TRios Zen

Stannis burning Shireen was the worst. That totally ruined the character. It retrospectively makes all the earlier Stannis scenes worse. It ruins Davos because now Davos looks like a shithead for trusting him.

At least Sansa feels like she's still the same character from the books. Incredibly naive and doing whatever she's told.

Man this like just retroactively ruined my day. I had forgotten about that bit of character assassination there - buried it deep. Now it hurts all over again.

Maybe that happens in the books (eventually) but the way they did it last season just seemed cruel (and achieved nothing).

I wonder if that scene will actually, literally show "HEY GUYS JON SNOW IS RHEAGAR AND LYANNA'S SON AND NOT NED STARK"

Just a bit miffed the mystery will be revealed in a show and not in the books
Ned will promise lyanna and then it'll cut to the baby. Then the shot of the babies face will fade into present tense Jon while being reborn.

Not sure if this has been commented on yet, but if you look at blurred out Jon in this shot... his eyes are open and I -think- looks the same as during skinchanging on the show? Plus Ghost is present. I thought they were gonna skip that in the show, but if it's still in i'm happy.

7c8bzCa.jpg

mantidor

Not sure if this has been commented on yet, but if you look at blurred out Jon in this shot... his eyes are open and I -think- looks the same as during skinchanging on the show? Plus Ghost is present. I thought they were gonna skip that in the show, but if it's still in i'm happy.

It's nowhere near clear his eyes are open, I would say they are closed.

Ratrat

Anyone else think this is going to be an uneventful season?

Except maybe Bran the other plots seem to be going in an expected direction and I doubt they'll go that far or have anything drastic.

Gigglepoo

I think it'll have tons of stuff going on. Books 4 & 5 were slower because Martin was moving everyone in position after The War with the Five Kings. Now that we're largely past that stuff, you're going to see a real push toward the conclusion. At least I think so. We'll see.

We still don't know if we have two or three seasons left.

fuzzyset

If he is R'hllor's chosen where is his burning sword, where is Lightbringer?

Could've been removed for the trailer.

I think it'll have tons of stuff going on. Books 4 & 5 were slower because Martin was moving everyone in position after The War with the Five Kings. Now that we're largely past that stuff, you're going to see a real push toward the conclusion. At least I think so. We'll see.

We still don't know if we have two or three seasons left.

I think there was slow-down in order for Martin to keep outpacing the show as well. Now that it's not going to happen, I can see the show moving steadily forwards. Wasn't Bran removed from S5 because they ran outta book material? Now they can safely diverge from GRRM.

Enosh

I freeze framed it, and it's Euron not Theon, check out his mutton chops. Guessing it's his welcome back to the Iron Islands.

Here you go:
that seams like some awful casting I thought Euron is supposed to be rather good looking

and I still can't believe they are going to do the whole northern rebellion thing just without Stannis role in it, just feels like pissing on the character while he is already dead and buried

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

Except maybe Bran the other plots seem to be going in an expected direction and I doubt they'll go that far or have anything drastic.

I am more excited for the Walking Dead than S6 of Game of Thrones...I was watching this and felt just an okay...Bran and the Night King look interesting, although it's probably a green dream.

that seams like some awful casting I thought Euron is supposed to be rather good looking

and I still can't believe they are going to do the whole northern rebellion thing just without Stannis role in it, just feels like pissing on the character while he is already dead and buried

True, but there's definitely a Greyjoy family resemblance there.

ZeroRay

Sansa rape is one of the few times when watching a show I felt sick to my stomach and couldn't get the scene out of my head for a few days. Like, why!? I mean I'm pretty hard on D&D with how much they butcher the books but I do give them some slack since fucking GRRM still hasn't released TWOW and we might as well forget about ADOS. But, I don't care how much of an incomplete story you are working off of there was no reason for the Sansa rape beyond pure shock value, just as there is no reason why Loras Tyrell is such a goddamn stereotypical bitch ass ponce.

I believe D&D and the writers would reply to your comment or anything similar to the way Kevin Nash responded to all the Finger Poke of Doom criticisms. "You're supposed to feel that way!" without any realization on why we reacted the way we did and how stupid the whole decision was to begin with.

Loras's characterization is inexcusable at this point and the Sparrow storyline is trying a wee too hard to conflate his situation with current day politics imo. Would be better if Loras was presented as a complete person, just saying.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Now they can safely diverge from GRRM.

Diverge? George has already told them what is happening in books 6 and 7, their will be differences like the show has always done and lines will be different as George hasn't written them yet but the story itself will not diverge.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Diverge? George has already told them what is happening in books 6 and 7, their will be differences like the show has always done and lines will be different as George hasn't written them yet but the story itself will not diverge.

unless of course gurm did not tell them the whole truth, or he has changed his mind on how some things play out in the books. and the showrunners can just decide to ignore something.

Dysun

The end beats and how you get there are vastly different things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom