• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
There aren't any shows premiering. If they release a trailer, it likely won't be tied to a show (not that it matters, GoT is approximately 49374983493 times more popular than anything they are currently airing).

Maybe they'll try to boost Vinyl's ratings by attaching new GoT teasers every week? :p

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I just want to see what obscure song they'll use that I could possibly get into.

Would love an animated adaption. It's nice to daydream about on occasion.

This was pretty much my reaction after the Harry Potter film series finished. The films did most things well, but not many things great. Especially the later films where so much had to be cut.

bengraven

Hey guys, anyone excited about that book anymore?

He could release a single word and it would be more than HBO has done for us.

Ho-holy shit how the tables have turned.

in fairness, counting his readings he's released more than HBO. Something like 6-8 chapters.

Would love an animated adaption. It's nice to daydream about on occasion.

I seriously would love a stage play.

Concentrate more on the character moments with the war happening offstage. Do it was a 4 part, 4 day show, much like how Potter is 2 days.

It would be a big undertaking, but I'm looking at something like MacBeth and there's no reason a stage version couldn't happen.

Euron

...so did Ian McShane
just confirm that Sandor comes back? Which in turn confirms Cleganebowl?

Get Hype?

Stop doing this.

Write your damn book, stop wasting time.

I imagine him sitting in his house literally spending 18 hours a day debating himself in a mirror if he should release a chapter or go back to writing more.

You give him too much credit. I like to imagine he spends most of his day trolling the interwebs and white knighting for himself under a hundred different aliases, kinda like that other author did whose name escapes me.

Gigglepoo

Hey guys, anyone excited about that book anymore?

Yup! I'm kind of glad the show is a sloppy adaptation now. It's more concerned with blood, sex, and twists than delivering the complex character dynamics and motivations in the books. There's no way D&D could "spoil" anything considering how poorly they grasp the story they're adapting.

The show is still watchable because of some outstanding performances and the odd scene they translate beautiful, but I'm honestly shocked GoT is as popular as it is.

Of course, I thought the same thing about the Harry Potter moves.

Oh hey you're back!

Hey :)

I actually never saw the season 5 finale. I was in boot camp and my dad sent me a letter detailing exactly how it went down. No huge surprises, except for Stannis. Lol. I haven't been bothered to watch it yet.

Saw clips on YT though. Daznak's Pit was underwhelming. Arya continues to be the highlight of the show. She's the only thing they're getting right these days.

Why the fuck is Sansa taking Jeyne's place other than for shock value? Fuck D&D for putting us through that. Keep her in the Vale with Littlefinger ffs.

Hey :)

I actually never saw the season 5 finale. I was in boot camp and my dad sent me a letter detailing exactly how it went down. No huge surprises, except for Stannis. Lol. I haven't been bothered to watch it yet.

Saw clips on YT though. Daznak's Pit was underwhelming. Arya continues to be the highlight of the show. She's the only thing they're getting right these days.

Why the fuck is Sansa taking Jeyne's place other than for shock value? Fuck D&D for putting us through that. Keep her in the Vale with Littlefinger ffs.
Yeah, it was disappointment all around, especially Dorne.

Turin

Banned
I wish you could have been around for this threads blow up following that abomination of a scene with Sansa. It was interesting......

Darkgran

Can somebody answer this for me.

I have never read the books but have seen all the seasons and loved them..well..maybe season 5 was lacking..

As I understand it the TV show is now caught up with the books correct?

Has there been any indication that the books will be the same as the TV show from here on out?

Or are they going in a different direction?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Some storylines are caught up and some aren't.

Has there been any indication that the books will be the same as the TV show from here on out?

The broad strokes will probably be the same, but all the finer details will most likely be wildly different. We won't know the specifics until all of the books are out.

Speevy

Banned
Buried under a boat in a mound?

75052-game-of-thrones-shoot-fire-arr-nyO2.gif

Lothar

Banned
Can somebody answer this for me.

I have never read the books but have seen all the seasons and loved them..well..maybe season 5 was lacking..

It's impossible to be the same since I don't think GRRM really has a clue of what's going to happen. He was stuck for years recently having a big problem with not knowing what to do with the Meereen story. He called the problem the Meerenese Knot. He just said a little while ago that he was thinking about writing a big twist that can't happen in the show because the show killed the character off.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I can imagine. I was pretty livid. My dad was speechless and I was storming around the house.

I hate D&D.

Sansa rape is one of the few times when watching a show I felt sick to my stomach and couldn't get the scene out of my head for a few days. Like, why!? I mean I'm pretty hard on D&D with how much they butcher the books but I do give them some slack since fucking GRRM still hasn't released TWOW and we might as well forget about ADOS. But, I don't care how much of an incomplete story you are working off of there was no reason for the Sansa rape beyond pure shock value, just as there is no reason why Loras Tyrell is such a goddamn stereotypical bitch ass ponce.

Lothar

Banned
Stannis burning Shireen was the worst. That totally ruined the character. It retrospectively makes all the earlier Stannis scenes worse. It ruins Davos because now Davos looks like a shithead for trusting him.

At least Sansa feels like she's still the same character from the books. Incredibly naive and doing whatever she's told.

Werd

Finally! Initial watch didn't really leave a strong impression like some of the others have, but I await the shot by shot breakdowns and theories.

An actual trailer! I thought they weren't actually going to do one at this point.

The production values are pretty impressive, looks good.

Davos the man!

So Dreadfort soldiers catch up with Reek and Sansa, and Brienne manages to actually save the day for once.

Also, the battle scenes with the horses look fucking incredible.

edit: fucking DAVOS. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom