• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
Based on the more extended scenes we've seen this season

-Davos
-Cersei/Jaime
-Sansa
-Dany

do we like the production this year?

It looks fantastic to me. A huge step up from the dreariness of S5E1.

NeoGiff

-Davos
-Cersei/Jaime
-Sansa
-Dany

Aside from the bad crowd CGI in the Dany scene, yeah. Overall, it's definitely an improvement.

Sean C

Wait,
they dragged her ass all the way back to Vaes Dothrak?
She's a widowed khaleesi, which means her place is properly among the Dosh Khaleen, as the Dothraki see it. That's where you'd expect them to take her.

I like to assume Dany's confused by how much bigger Vaes Dothrak is then the last time she was there.

She's a widowed khaleesi, which means her place is properly among the Dosh Khaleen, as the Dothraki see it. That's where you'd expect them to take her.

I like to assume Dany's confused by how much bigger Vaes Dothrak is then the last time she was there.

Oh I know that,
I just didn't think they'd actually have her go ALL the way back there.

jsmp5IG.jpg

This is fake as shit right?

Meaning before the Arnold arms thrown on

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

-Davos
-Cersei/Jaime
-Sansa
-Dany

Looks like Sansa and Theon actually get to "Do Something" this year, besides "hallway/room acting"

Turin

Banned
Should at least be very exciting this year.

I'm hoping it'll be as good as S4 which was also a more action-y season.

(this is what people were saying before season 5 premiered)

-__-

I think it's a fairly safe assumption she'll at least get to call some shots this year.

Whether or not she gets to play a pivotal role in the downfall of House Bolton, we'll see.

Fingers crossed though!

Speevy

Banned
I want to see the stupid Ramsay end to House Bolton.

Reek comes back to his master after the battle has been raging on for some time. He tells Ramsay that Sansa tried to escape but he found her.

Ramsay chases Sansa with a dwindling force, losing man after man to infantry Jon has installed along the road. Sansa rides on horseback through snowy hillsides, forests, and streams.

Finally Ramsay has Sansa cornered. He sees a blue cloaked figure. He promises her nothing but pain and an agonizing death after she delivers his sons. He reminds her of all the terrible things the Boltons have done to her and those loyal to her. The red wedding, the flaying of northmen, the destruction of her home.

The person wearing the cloak turns around. It's Sansa, but she's not scared. She stares deep into Ramsay's eyes. "The north remembers."

Just then arrows and spears rain down on the rest of Ramsay's men. Thousands of men at Jon's command come descend upon Winterfell. All the Bolton banners are burned and Stark banners take their place. Ramsay's head is placed atop the gates.

Jon and Sansa stare out into the distance. They see what seems like an ice storm coming from miles away. It's the whitewalkers. The two leave Winterfell with their armies to rally others to the cause of the living. The war has begun.

I want to see the stupid Ramsay end to House Bolton.

Reek comes back to his master after the battle has been raging on for some time. He tells Ramsay that Sansa tried to escape but he found her.

Ramsay chases Sansa with a dwindling force, losing man after man to infantry Jon has installed along the road. Sansa rides on horseback through snowy hillsides, forests, and streams.

Finally Ramsay has Sansa cornered. He sees a blue cloaked figure. He promises her nothing but pain and an agonizing death after she delivers his sons. He reminds her of all the terrible things the Boltons have done to her and those loyal to her. The red wedding, the flaying of northmen, the destruction of her home.

The person wearing the cloak turns around. It's Sansa, but she's not scared. She stares deep into Ramsay's eyes. "The north remembers."

Just then arrows and spears rain down on the rest of Ramsay's men. Thousands of men at Jon's command come descend upon Winterfell. All the Bolton banners are burned and Stark banners take their place. Ramsay's head is placed atop the gates.

Jon and Sansa stare out into the distance. They see what seems like an ice storm coming from miles away. It's the whitewalkers. The two leave Winterfell with their armies to rally others to the cause of the living. The war has begun.
That sounds great, so it probably won't happen.

Iksenpets

Banned
Probably beardless in the visions, he'll look the same in the cave.

Or the Children of the Forest have sweet shaving tools.

Nah, they won't bother with anything like that. They just don't care. They didn't pay for Max von Sydow just to cover up his face

Also, shadow in the back corner looks like it might be a heavily distorted Iron Throne.

Damerman

Speak for yourself I'd take a whole other book of Jaimie just wondering about the Riverlands settling disputes and regaining some honor.
Bleh... its like the whole reason for all of that is just so he can be away from his sister and crumple up that letter she sent. So contrived.

Iksenpets

Banned
So now I'm really wondering what the Umber plot is going to be. We know the Umbers have Rickon, and they cast a Smalljon, who seemed in the casting calls like he was supposed to be the most major of the Northern lord characters. All the pictures we have of Umber banners though are as a part of Ramsay's army. I figured this was because the Umbers would be the playing Ramsay, as a standin for the book Manderlys, but now we get Davos' scene that in the book is with Manderly, except it's with the Mormonts instead.

I don't think the Umbers are honest Ramsay supporters, because that would be super contrary to their entire house ethos, and if they were they would've handed over Rickon like a season and a half ago. Are they going to be doing some version of the book story with the Boltona using hostages to compel their service? Or maybe there are lots of Northern lords gathered at Bear Island, rather than just the Mormonts, so Umber is getting Davos' speech too? I dunno.

Also, if there is some generic make Lord Mormont instead of the Mormont ladies, we riot.

Sean C

So now I'm really wondering what the Umber plot is going to be. We know the Umbers have Rickon, and they cast a Smalljon, who seemed in the casting calls like he was supposed to be the most major of the Northern lord characters. All the pictures we have of Umber banners though are as a part of Ramsay's army. I figured this was because the Umbers would be the playing Ramsay, as a standin for the book Manderlys, but now we get Davos' scene that in the book is with Manderly, except it's with the Mormonts instead.

I don't think the Umbers are honest Ramsay supporters, because that would be super contrary to their entire house ethos, and if they were they would've handed over Rickon like a season and a half ago. Are they going to be doing some version of the book story with the Boltona using hostages to compel their service? Or maybe there are lots of Northern lords gathered at Bear Island, rather than just the Mormonts, so Umber is getting Davos' speech too? I dunno.

Also, if there is some generic make Lord Mormont instead of the Mormont ladies, we riot.
There was a casting call for a Northern lord who sounded like he was meant to be Manderly. It was only for a day of filming, the same as another actor playing a Northern lord that a lot of people identified as fitting Lord Cerwyn. So it seems like there's some kind of gathering; whether that's related to the scene at Bear Island, or a different one, we'll have to see. Davos and Sansa, at a minimum, will be at Bear Island.

If those Reddit spoilers are true, as looks more and more likely, the Umbers would seem to be sincerely pro-Bolton.

Iksenpets

Banned
There was a casting call for a Northern lord who sounded like he was meant to be Manderly. It was only for a day of filming, the same as another actor playing a Northern lord that a lot of people identified as fitting Lord Cerwyn. So it seems like there's some kind of gathering; whether that's related to the scene at Bear Island, or a different one, we'll have to see. Davos and Sansa, at a minimum, will be at Bear Island.

If those Reddit spoilers are true, as looks more and more likely, the Umbers would seem to be sincerely pro-Bolton.

Major leak spoiler stuff about battle events:
Finally saw these spoilers, and yeah it looks like they all match. And they have a sense of coherence to them that most of the fake spoilers lack. I wonder if Umber just hates the Wildlings enough that he's willing to side against the Starks, or if they're just rewriting Smalljon to be a complete asshole like it kind of sounds like. Poor guy is going to end up the most harshly rewritten character in the whole series.

Forkball

Second trailer was awesome. Somewhat ironic that the white walkers used to be so hidden and only used for the most pivotal and shocking moments in the season, but now they have several scenes in a trailer.

mantidor

Are we talking about the extra's spoilers?
Sounds way to much info for an extra to have, it would also be so incredibly lame that the Umbers have Rickon and have decided to deliver him to the Boltons only until now, or that Rickon reached the Umbers only until now, it just seems like a mess and awful writing
... crap is totally going to happen isn't it? D:

NeoGiff

Sounds way to much info for an extra to have, it would also be so incredibly lame that the Umbers have Rickon and have decided to deliver him to the Boltons only until now, or that Rickon reached the Umbers only until now, it just seems like a mess and awful writing

An extra knowing all of that detail is actually quite realistic, since they hire the same guys for weeks on end in order to keep the scene consistent.

Iksenpets

Banned

Major battle leak stuff:
It really reads like stuff an extra would know though. It's all battle choreography, which an extra having to play a soldier would have to know, and then major visual moments like the stuff with Rickon or the Umber/Tormund duel. He doesn't know the things he would need to have actual scripts to know, like if Rickon survives or not. It all fits pretty well. The footage of Stark men trapped between the pile of bodies and the shield wall adds credence to it, as does Ramsay's line to open the trailer "Do you like games, little man?" Totally reads like a line he would direct at Rickon.

And thinking about it more, I'm guessing show Smalljon is just a giant dick. I can imagining him showing up at Winterfell like hey my dad died offscreen of old age and I'm here to pledge my fealty. Plus you know how my dad was all into the Starks? I think that's a load of bull and to prove it here's the Stark he was secretly harboring for three years, plotting out crazy schemes to overthrow you and put this little boy in charge because that's how crazy he was for the Starks.

Patriots7

They are going to butcher the Umbers unrealistically and kill Rickon. Goddamnit I hate this show. Although in the show Bran told them to go to either the Umbers or Glovers right?

I still don't know what the fuck they were thinking with that first dude.
I liked the first Daario, more in line with what I imagined him to be like.

CassSept

I still don't know what the fuck they were thinking with that first dude.

Ed Skrein's Daario was a giant douche and had a ridiculously punchable face, which was perfect for the character he portrayed. Huisman is just, eh.

Neither look anything remotely like Daario, but the first one was superior of the two as far as the character goes in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom