• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Banned
So this season we are going to see D&D complete their ruining of Jamie's arc, right?

It'll probably be mostly the same except the impact is dampened by Jamie banging Cersei and defending her at the start of the season again. It'll feel too sudden when he finally says fuck it.

Changing Jamie and Tyrion's interaction at the end of S4 is the root cause of Jamie's shit arc in the show.

Gigglepoo

That was an excellent trailer. It seems as though we were told a ton of information but, knowing how secretive HBO is, there must be tons that they haven't even hinted at. Good job, video editor!

Now show us some Sam!

Iksenpets

Banned
Yes! That's what I'm going with now. I def think that's the likeliest theory

Could also be Jaime wrestling with his failure to save Myrcella and reflecting on past oaths with Aerys and Catelyn, especially since we're apparently getting an
Aerys flashback

Also, Home seems like it could be Dany getting to Vaes Dothrak, given the dialogue in that clip of her meeting the Khal.

Speevy

Banned
Any chance Walder get red weddinged? What's the meaning of the burning Xs? They look too small to be flaying posts. Is Jaime at Casterly Rock? It looks like the unsullied and the faith militant get fucked up fairly quickly this season. Where is the location of the bloody hand near the end?

What could
Meera be looking straight up at
around 1:45?

You can see Meera hiding off to the right of this picture, so she's probably reacting to whatever is attacking/defending her.

Any chance Walder get red weddinged? What's the meaning of the burning Xs? They look too small to be flaying posts. Is Jaime at Casterly Rock? It looks like the unsullied and the faith militant get fucked up fairly quickly this season. Where is the location of the bloody hand near the end?

I doubt we'll see a Red Wedding 2.0 this season, but it's possible. Xs are definitely flaying posts, the scale just looks off because the camera is so far out. Jaime is in the Riverlands or at the Twins, you can see Lannister soldiers in Walder Frey's hall.

mantidor

1. looks like it, Frey pies maybe? :p
2. They are shot from a long distance, they are definitely flaying posts.
3. dunno
4.When have the unsullied not suck in this show? :p
5. I think its Mereen

Speevy

Banned
The trailer seems to imply Sansa's business is not in the north, but in the Riverlands.

Would that be an accurate assumption or a misread?

NeoGiff

"I'm Mace, I'm Mace
I'm singing in your face.
I'm master of the coins and ships
I cannot be replaced!"

bknMCSO.gif

Turin

Banned
Walder Frey must be biting it this year. I hope it's creative.

The last one :(

Her time will come.

Something about that sword stabbing scene reminds me of 300. The "overacting" in the "Targaryen" guard.

It looks like they might be adding some much needed flare to how they film the fight scenes.

I think it could be. What initially looked like a
Kingsguard helmet on the figure on the right (Aerys?), also looks like it could be a high collar and a crown on his head. That leaves the figure on the left (Jaime) helmetless as he usually is anyway.

Maybe it'll just be a quick shadow flashback in Bran's visions.

NeoGiff's going to have some more gif material this season methinks.

Trailer spoiler/screenshot.

I mean, look at
Mace's
fucking helmet. I love that they'll inject some humor into what is probably a pretty fucking serious scene.

Mace is nothing short of magnificent.

lmao that pic of Blackfish is fantastic

He will fucking return!

The mere thought that Starks may actually may get back together (or atleast half of the living siblings) makes me more excited than anything else.

Hell.. even ONE stark representing the family and taking back the Winterfell would be enough for me.

One of the things I'm most excited about as well as Davos' probable involvement.

What could
Meera be looking straight up at
around 1:45?

I don't know what the fuck is going on with any of them up there. o_O

Speevy

Banned
The conversation between
Jon and the Wildlings

Okay guys, here's the strategy. Just charge at them.

"Ah, I like it. And then what?"

After you're dead, I'll bring the heavy cavalry and surprise attack.

I think it would more like

Wildlings will fight the Bolton army alongside Davos and a few Stark loyalists w/o Jon because he's still stone cold dead

Someone revives Jon Snu and musters an army of beliebers and loyalists as well.

Wildlings are at the cusp of getting their asses kicked and along comes Jon steam rolling the Bolton army

-griffy-

Banned
I think it would more like

Wildlings will fight the Bolton army alongside Davos and a few Stark loyalists w/o Jon because he's still stone cold dead

Someone revives Jon Snu and musters an army of beliebers and loyalists as well.

Wildlings are at the cusp of getting their asses kicked and along comes Jon steam rolling the Bolton army

I was already planning a Jon Snow comes back as Gandalf the White gif, now I gotta do a Jon Snow pulling a Gandalf at Helm's Deep gif too?

Turin

Banned
I don't think he'll be dead that long in the season. Though I'm starting to think he might not show his face for some time.

Speevy

Banned
I prefer Jon in Shawn of the Dead ending.

He's winning wars left and right and occasionally just eats whomever is around him.

Showaddy

I'd love to see the interactions between Randyll Tarly and Mace in the show. Book Tarly is already steaming around Mace and show Mace is 10x worse.

Nodnol

Sansa speculation based on rumours;

Last season, I wondered if they were building up to Sansa being the vengeful Stark women.

Seeing this trailer, and what we've gathered from info out there, does anyone else think they'll merge her story line with LSH? Maybe not the whole "stringing Freys up from trees", but definitely orchestrating a Red Wedding 2.0. With Brienne, possibly the BWOB and the lessons learnt from Littlefinger, I wouldn't put it past her to exploit such a situation.

Do we have any idea what E9 is going to be?

Iksenpets

Banned
I don't understand then. The Siege of Riverrun has long since passed the point where it makes sense, since it was directly related to the Freys taking power.

Siege of Riverrun looks like it's pretty close to the books. Blackfish really has been holding Riverrun against the Freys for three years now, and no one's bothered to mention it. Sansa is staying in the North to deal with the Boltons this season for sure. She sends Brienne to the Riverlands for reasons that are unclear.

Nekofrog

Banned
Bronn, Jaime, Davos, Pod, and Brienne are going to form The Avengers: Westeros Chapter and fight Thanos in the end.

Sorry about the spoiler.

Speevy

Banned
Siege of Riverrun looks like it's pretty close to the books. Blackfish really has been holding Riverrun against the Freys for three years now, and no one's bothered to mention it. \.

The last time anyone mentioned Bryden Tully on the show was when Walder Frey called him an old man with no allies, on the run.

You'd think that would have at least made a decent topic for the small council.

Iksenpets

Banned
The last time anyone mentioned Bryden Tully on the show was when Walder Frey called him an old man with no allies, on the run.

You'd think that would have at least made a decent topic for the small council.

They really could have used some small council scenes to establish this stuff they knew they were delaying to season six. Like, one scene of Pycelle or Qyburn or something giving the rundown of the Riverlands situation with Freys, Tullys, and Brotherhood. Then Cersei could just dismiss it all as a problem for the Freys. Done.

Sansa speculation based on rumours;

Last season, I wondered if they were building up to Sansa being the vengeful Stark women.

Seeing this trailer, and what we've gathered from info out there, does anyone else think they'll merge her story line with LSH? Maybe not the whole "stringing Freys up from trees", but definitely orchestrating a Red Wedding 2.0. With Brienne, possibly the BWOB and the lessons learnt from Littlefinger, I wouldn't put it past her to exploit such a situation.

Do we have any idea what E9 is going to be?
I really like this idea, and haven't thought of it before. Would make sense since they cut that character out and they like to have one character absorb another's arc. Might just make up for the marriage to Ramsay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom