• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoGiff

Is that
aerys getting stabbed in the back???
shadow on the wall in the trailer question

I
thought it looked like the shadow getting stabbed was wearing a Kingsguard helmet, but I'm not sure.

I think it could be. What initially looked like a
Kingsguard helmet on the figure on the right (Aerys?), also looks like it could be a high collar and a crown on his head. That leaves the figure on the left (Jaime) helmetless as he usually is anyway.

Koko

Banned
We haven't seen Aerys on the show right?

It would be kind of cool if they can capture his madness and then they cut to Dany burning some stuff.

Faddy

Banned
Kingsguard helmet on the figure on the right (Aerys?), also looks like it could be a high collar and a crown on his head. That leaves the figure on the left (Jaime) helmetless as he usually is anyway.

I thought it was someone wearing a crown. So possibly King Tommen?

Iksenpets

Banned

Ok, gonna go a little tinfoil here, but I really can't think of any reason to show that particular scene — it's already well established what happened there—unless... they maybe need to establish that Aerys' wildfire doomsday device is still in place?

Is that
aerys getting stabbed in the back???
shadow on the wall in the trailer question

It's seriously insane. It's pretty clear that their budget at this point is whatever they are physically capable of spending in a year. And at least in the snippets here, their action choreography actually looks good? That's always been a weakness for them but all of the fights here look quality.

I
thought it looked like the shadow getting stabbed was wearing a Kingsguard helmet, but I'm not sure.

My money is that's it's someone stabbing Ser Robert Strong... then quickly realising he's a demon zombie monster.

Yup this looks fucking AWESOME. (quoted post and my comment are both Sansa trailer spoilers FYI)

I hesitate to say it but..
.if she's at the head of an army that tears through the Boltons, will S5 have been worth it
? Probably not, but
gimme some sweet Stark vengeance.

I'd say no, given that they already had 4 seasons of material to work with and just chucked the rape in to 'raise the stakes' for her. They had no intention of 'exploring' rape as a theme beyond get raped > get over it and be a badass.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Also, yay on Riverun coming back into the story, though I worry it's just because the Frey's are there, rather than the reappearance of the MUDDAFOOKIN BLACKFISH

Also, yay on Riverun coming back into the story, though I worry it's just because the Frey's are there, rather than the reappearance of the MUDDAFOOKIN BLACKFISH

lmao that pic of Blackfish is fantastic

854eeed7ce2bb86b027f364dada21004.jpg

Brakke

Banned
Since when do we spoiler tag trailers?

Anyway good Tyrion line "That's what I do: I drink, and I know things."

Nothing stops this (hype) train.

Iksenpets

Banned
You know who's conspicuously missing from this trailer?
Roose

Speculation based on rumors
I REALLY think Ramsay's going to kill him.

Gotta agree. Between the trailers and promo shots so far, I think we have one single shot of him? He's going to do something to send Ramsay into a rage. Maybe chew Ramsay out over the Sansa debacle and disinherit him.

Iksenpets

Banned
Ok just saw a still shot of the
shadow scene, and I definitely see it as a crown+pointed beard. That's totally Aerys' death.

Pulled this theory from Reddit about Brienne, Sansa, etc. and fffffffff....

Guys Sansa is going to send Brienne and Pod to the Riverlands because she is going to organize Red Wedding 2.0 and she's going to need Brienne's help. Brienne will bring justice to Catelyn, maybe even a place in Sansa's Queensguard. Thing is Jaime might be at that wedding as well and so the conflict will come whether or not she helps Jaime during the slaughter, even if he had nothing to do with it, just that he carries the Lannister name. I can easily see Sansa not caring.

Iksenpets

Banned
Pulled this theory from Reddit and fffffffff....

This would be crazy, but if I had to guess
Sansa sends Brienne south because Brienne tells her that's where she last saw Arya. I think it's way more likely Sansa learns Arya is alive and wants Brienne to redouble efforts to find her than Sansa dreaming up a murder scheme for Frey.

Sean C

This would be crazy, but if I had to guess
Sansa sends Brienne south because Brienne tells her that's where she last saw Arya. I think it's way more likely Sansa learns Arya is alive and wants Brienne to redouble efforts to find her than Sansa dreaming up a murder scheme for Frey.
Yeah, that seems more likely.

Also,
Sansa would be the Princess Regent, not the Queen, so long as Bran and Rickon are out there -- which she's now aware of.

Puppen

Banned
Season 5 was an abomination so I'm keeping my expectations in check. The more D&D have to do their own thing the worse it's gotten, and S6 is going to be all them except for plot beats they have to hit per GRRM's instruction.

mantidor

What did Davos say in the trailer?
"The poor boy is between life and death". What poor boy? it's obviously not Jon. Olly? Rickon? :p

News Bot

Banned
Pulled this theory from Reddit about Brienne, Sansa, etc. and fffffffff....

That would be good, and would match the equivalent events in the books. The only major difference is the role switch between Sansa and Stoneheart. Considering S5's shoddy treatment of Sansa, it seems they're giving her Stoneheart's ruthlessness.

Season 5 was an abomination so I'm keeping my expectations in check. The more D&D have to do their own thing the worse it's gotten, and S6 is going to be all them except for plot beats they have to hit per GRRM's instruction.

Agreed. Hardhome was good but it was more focused on the action and set-pieces. The general story over S5 was shoddy and illogical. I don't know if they can truly recover from it.

Care to explain those titles to me? I haven't read the books in years and my memory is foggy about the titles sometimes

No real significance to them, though 'Oathbreaker' would be a twist on 'Oathkeeper'- which is the name of Brienne's sword (given to her by Jaime) and was the name of an episode in season 4.

'Home' could mean anything this early in the season.

No real significance to them, though 'Oathbreaker' would be a twist on 'Oathkeeper'- which is the name of Brienne's sword (given to her by Jaime) and was the name of an episode in season 4.

ahhh right. I thought that Oathbreaker may have been about that but I wasn't sure. Perhaps it's related to the scene in the trailer showing the
Red wedding 2.0

zkorejo

"The real battle is between the living and the dead.

The real battle is between the living and the dead.

No .. at 1:10 he says "The little boy is between life and death". I have also been wondering who is he referring to. I thought maybe Bran.. or maybe the person he is talking to referred to Jon Snow as a little boy so he replies that way.

EDIT: Ah nevermind.

I guess he said "Real War". Not "little boy".

No .. at 1:10 he says "The little boy is between life and death". I have also been wondering who is he referring to. I thought maybe Bran.. or maybe the person he is talking to referred to Jon Snow as a little boy so he replies that way.

The real war is between the living and the dead. Listen to it again.

He's saying "the real war is between the living and the dead", not "the little boy is between life and death".

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
ahhh right. I thought that Oathbreaker may have been about that but I wasn't sure. Perhaps it's related to the scene in the trailer showing the
Red wedding 2.0

Oathbreaker could also refer to Jon's resurrection and sort of/not really breaking his oath after his death.

zkorejo

The mere thought that Starks may actually may get back together (or atleast half of the living siblings) makes me more excited than anything else.

Hell.. even ONE stark representing the family and taking back the Winterfell would be enough for me.

Northern theory time.

The Boltons as a threat in the North will be done by the end of season 6. The major houses, along with Jon & the Wildlings will turn their focus to the White Walkers in season 7 as the Wall will fall at the end of S6.

Sansa will take up residence in Winterfell with Littlefinger as her 'hand' (perhaps even another marriage to keep him close) along with a collection of other Lords from the Northern Houses. Season 7 will play out the second half of the Winterfell ADWD storyline, with Littlefinger playing the Boltons, and he'll be dead by the end of S7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom