• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

So we are near the end of the year and I wonder : what are your most wanted ps vita games for 2017?

Mary Skelter
Rose in the Twilight
Tokyo Xanadu
Danganronpa v3
Summon Night 6
Atelier Shallie
Cosmic Star Heroine
God Wars

Assuming they get announced:

Ys 8
Coven

I would put the Exp games on my list, but I need some really good impressions of them before considering them. As of now they just sound like fairly standard drpgs, which I want more than just standard if I were to pick them up. There's also a handful that haven't come out in Japan yet that I would like, but I have no expectations for them in the West.

I wasn't aware Caligula had even been announced for the west. Any word on an EU release?

Yep, confirmed digital for Eu, should be day and date with NA.

So we are near the end of the year and I wonder : what are your most wanted ps vita games for 2017?

Atelier Shallie
Bad Apple Wars
Banner Saga
Caligula
Collar x Malice
DanganRonpa V3
Drifter
Drift Stage
Hakuouki
Mary Skelter
Narcissu
Operation Babel
Summon Night 6
Tokyo Xanadu
Ys Origin

Yep, confirmed digital for Eu, should be day and date with NA.

Atelier Shallie
Bad Apple Wars
Banner Saga
Caligula
Collar x Malice
DanganRonpa V3
Drifter
Drift Stage
Hakuouki
Mary Skelter
Narcissu
Operation Babel
Summon Night 6
Tokyo Xanadu
Ys Origin

too lazy to pull up a list from yours here's what im buying:

Atelier Shallie skipping for now
Bad Apple Wars YES
Banner Saga not anymore.
Caligula yes
Collar x Malice no
DanganRonpa V3 maybe skipping
Drifter no
Drift Stage YES
Hakuouki YES
Mary Skelter YES
Narcissu YES
Operation Babel YES
Summon Night 6 YES
Tokyo Xanadu YES
Ys Origin YES

Saphirax

Mine:
Summon night 6
God wars
Ocean horn
Forgotten memories ( if it ever comes out)
Zodiac
13 Sentinels ( I have hopes for this in the west)
Salt n sanctuary
The longest five minutes
Cladun returns
Mary skelter
Danganronpa v3
Fallen legion
Boi afterbirth ( I'm hoping this will be a reality next year)
Hearth forth Alicia

And a few more I don't remember now.

I can't keep up with all the games that I want.

Hakuoki
Collar x Malice
Bad Apple Wars
Code:Realize FD
Operation Babel
Mary Skelter
Summom Night 6
Caligula
Atelier Shallie+
Danganronpa v3
Ys Origins
Tokyo Xanadu
Super Robot Wars V
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
Atelier Firis
Period:Cube
Sekai Project VNs

redcrayon

There's quite a lot I'm interested in next year:

Operation Babel
God Wars
Ys Origin
Cosmic Star Heroine
Salt and Sanctuary
Heart Forth Alicia
Summon Night 6
Fallen Legion
Banner Saga
Toukiden 2

Assuming that they get localised/released
(I think we'll see Ys for sure but maybe not Valkyria until 2018, and some of them haven't had an update in a while).
Ys 8
Valkyria chronicles: Azure Revolution
Iconoclasts
Chasm
Regalia
Dragon Fin Soup: Extra Chunky
Beyond human

i-Jest

I don't know if most of the games I want will actually come next year. I'm just thinking about getting a new memory card next year. My 64GB has lasted me almost two years now. I wish a third party released bigger memory options, or we somehow could mod the Vita to hold more than one memory card (if that would actually help).

Games I'm looking forward to in 2017 if they come to the west during that time:

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition
Caligula
Saga Scarlet Grace
Beyond Human
Cross Reverie
Imagination is the Only Escape
Zodiac: Orcanon Odyssey
The Legend of Raven
Collectems

Announced:
Tokyo Xanadu
Ys Origin
Atelier Shallie+
Danganronpa V3
Root Double -Before Crime * After Days-
Muv-Luv Trilogy
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
Code: Realize fan disc
Maybe some other otome games
Other visual novels being ported if they ever come out I guess

Likely announcements:
Chaos;Child
Ys VIII

Please be announced:
Net High
Anything containing a semicolon

...gee my tastes are getting more and more lopsided

incpdo

Tokyo Xanadu
New Danganronpa V3
Ys Origin
Mary Skelter
Cosmic Star Heroine
and some VNs that are getting a Vita port.
Wow I forgot about Tokyo xanadu , is that coming to the west?

To all of you who answer my question , thanks and let me tell you , you just made my list longer haha. Such a good year I will die happy if 13 sentinels comes to the west too for vita.

RK128

Sorry for not posting this sooner but my list would be the following:
Summon Night 6
Oceanhorn
Zodiac
Cladun Returns
Mary Skelter
Hearth Forth Alicia
Ys Origins & Ys VIII
Project Classic: Warped
Tokyo Xanadu
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition
Caligula

Gimmie dat VA-11 HALL-A next year. So excited~

Gun Gun Pixies is also shaping up to be the type of janky lewd shit I'll love.

(Drive Girls maybe not so much, that one just looks plain boring)

18-Volt

Nice lists but many of you missed some important titles. If none of you gets Toukiden 2, whom am I supposed to play online with?

My list:

Dangan V3
Ys Origin
Full Throttle Remastered
Berserk and the Band of Hawk
Toukiden 2
Dynasty Warriors Godseekers
Atelier Firis
Tokyo Xanadu
Caligula
Valkyrie Azure Revolution
Fate/Extella
Akiba's Beat (if they release it for Vita)
Summon Night 6
God Wars Future Past
Uppers (come on, PQube!)
Mary Skelter
Operation Babel
Super Robot Wars V
Blue Reflection

godisntheradio

Neo Member
what i'll get for sure

Ys Origin
Tokyo Xanadu
Danganronpa V3
Vall-hall-a
Atelier Shallie+
Caligula

i still believe it'll come to vita

Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana

In my wildest dreams, dotEMU will be porting trails to zero/azure with xseed localization to ps4/vita/pc. i know, i know, but this Ys origin announcement might have opened some doors and i kinda get my hopes up

My essentials for next year are

Mary Skelter
Caligula
Tokyo Xanadu

Everything else is secondary

Hoping for Ys 8, Coven and Demon Gaze 2 though which would also make the list

In my wildest dreams, dotEMU will be porting trails to zero/azure with xseed localization to ps4/vita/pc. i know, i know, but this Ys origin announcement might have opened some doors and i kinda get my hopes up

I didn't even think about this

holy crap

I need to buy 10 copies of Ys Origins

Saphirax

what i'll get for sure

Ys Origin
Tokyo Xanadu
Danganronpa V3
Vall-hall-a
Atelier Shallie+
Caligula

i still believe it'll come to vita

Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana

Zero/Azure is probably going to be PC only if it happens. Unless XSEED lets someone else port it to vita/ps4. We're definitely not getting the evolution games - too expensive, and too messy with licensing. The Trails series is very much XSEED's baby, they wouldn't just give it up to dotEMU or anyone else, so they'd be the ones bringing the PC version.

My essentials for next year are

Mary Skelter
Caligula
Tokyo Xanadu

Everything else is secondary

Hoping for Ys 8, Coven and Demon Gaze 2 though which would also make the list

holy crap

I do wonder how that would turn out though. It's obvious XSEED would want to work on the PC versions of the games (even with Azure being Chinese only). What would happen to a potential vita/ps4 port? Would we get the psp games, or the pc ones?

Saphirax

which would be dotEmu. It really doesn't seem that far-fetched to me

It'd be possible and I'd love for us to get Zero/Azure even as ps4 only. The logistics would probably be a nightmare. You already have an issue with the pc port of Azure being Chinese only. If XSEED gets around that and dotEmu works on the ps4/vita ports I think they'd still need to rely on XSEED for a physical release. Unless they go digital only.

Details details.. :p

I'm just dreaming since this seems like the only way we'll ever see a console release for these games. it also would make a localization a lot more realistic imo. Not saying there's a high chance.. but there's a chance

Saphirax

Details details.. :p

I'm just dreaming since this seems like the only way we'll ever see a console release for these games. it also would make a localization a lot more realistic imo. Not saying there's a high chance.. but there's a chance

They should port TiTS too! Otherwise the only way to play 3rd would be on a PC :p. Whatever happens, I just hope this opens the door for more ports of Falcom games. Ys and Trails for everyone!

godisntheradio

Neo Member

holy crap

it's too bad psn doesn't have a gifting system so we could buy multiple copies

if cold steel 3 releases at the the end of 2017, the earliest we could see it in the west would be fall 2018, that gives them plenty of time to study means to bring zero/azure, although they're already working on the 3rd

Does anyone have Dallow's list handy? I want to know how close I am for an English Asian complete collection.

Not Dallow's list, but you'd need between 20 and 25 for the complete set:

Airship Q
Asterisk War: Phoenix Fiesta
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess
Deemo: Last Recital
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Dragon Quest Builders
Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires
Final Fantasy X HD Remaster
Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
Genkai Tokki Moero Chronicle (Moe Chronicle)
Gundam Breaker 3
MLB 15: The Show
Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs Force
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Samurai Warriors 4 - II
SD Gundam G Generation Genesis
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2+
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

And then some Japanese games with English language options:
Dokuro
Chaos Rings III: Prequel Trilogy
Hotline Miami Collected Edition
Orgarhythm

Shizuka

Not Dallow's list, but you'd need between 20 and 25 for the complete set:

Airship Q
Asterisk War: Phoenix Fiesta
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess
Deemo: Last Recital
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Dragon Quest Builders
Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires
Final Fantasy X HD Remaster
Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster
Gundam Breaker 3
MLB 15: The Show
Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs Force
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Samurai Warriors 4 - II
SD Gundam G Generation Genesis
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2+
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

And then some Japanese games too:
Dokuro
Chaos Rings III: Prequel Trilogy
Hotline Miami Collected Edition
Orgarhythm

Final Fantasy X HD Remaster works with the American version, it's just the cover that's different. I own most of the rest, just missing five of those. I own a Japanese copy of Orgarhythm, but I'm still missing Dokuro. I'm still waiting for Hotline Miami to be released in some physical Vita fashion in the West, while Chaos Rings III itself doesn't come with English subtitles, be it on the cart or through a patch, just the previous downloadable titles.

Still, that's a great list and I'm happy I'm almost there.

Hmmmm got the following:

Airship Q JP with english
Asterisk War: Phoenix Fiesta dont want
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus got
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess not yet
Deemo: Last Recital got LE
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth not yet
Dragon Quest Builders got
Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires need
Final Fantasy X HD Remaster got
Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster got
Genkai Tokki Moero Chronicle (Moe Chronicle) got
Gundam Breaker 3 not yet
MLB 15: The Show got
Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs Force dont want
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines got
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 got
Samurai Warriors 4 - II got
SD Gundam G Generation Genesis WANT WHY IS IT BACKORDERED
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2+ lol
Soul Sacrifice Delta got
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment lol

And then some Japanese games with English menus:
Dokuro nope
Chaos Rings III: Prequel Trilogy want
Hotline Miami Collected Edition got
Orgarhythm need

Haha, I'm impressed, I'm only missing these two. No plans to get Moe Chronicle ever. Might get DOAX3 one day.

It's worth noting that Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom is getting a physical release in Japan on the 15th. No word on English subs being available but it may be a case like Hotline Miami that it'll play like that if your system is set to English. Anyone planning on importing to try it out?

I think only 1 game is playable. You need a JPN account to download the other games.

This is correct. Don't import it. Only Chaos Rings 3 is on the cart and that is in Japanese. The other three games are download-only so useless unless your PSN is set to that region. Also Chaos Rings 1 is the only one in English anyway.

Clive

This is correct. Don't import it. Only Chaos Rings 3 is on the cart and that is in Japanese. The other three games are download-only so useless unless your PSN is set to that region. Also Chaos Rings 1 is the only one in English anyway.

Actually, Chaos Rings 1, 2 and Omega are all in English. It's just CR3 that's in Japanese only. The three English language games are still download-only though so counting it as a retail game in English is pretty much flat out wrong. Arguably so is Airship Q since the English language is part of a patch.

Haha, I'm impressed, I'm only missing these two. No plans to get Moe Chronicle ever. Might get DOAX3 one day.

It's worth noting that Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom is getting a physical release in Japan on the 15th. No word on English subs being available but it may be a case like Hotline Miami that it'll play like that if your system is set to English. Anyone planning on importing to try it out?

Adventure Time is a great little Zelda clone. Would totally double dip if it had English subs.

Of the Asian English list I'm only missing Asterisk War, Dragon Quest Builders and SD Gundam G Generation Genesis. Well, and Chaos Rings...

Olengie

I KNOW. I ordered it earlier this week, paid for it and I'm still waiting for it to be shipped. VGP was more expensive, but they're OOS now as well.

Everyone wants that beautiful Double Cart Release. lol

Actually, Chaos Rings 1, 2 and Omega are all in English. It's just CR3 that's in Japanese only. The three English language games are still download-only though so counting it as a retail game in English is pretty much flat out wrong. Arguably so is Airship Q since the English language is part of a patch.

At least it is just a patch and doesn't require to be on the JPN PSN to download

Adventure Time is a great little Zelda clone. Would totally double dip if it had English subs.

Of the Asian English list I'm only missing Asterisk War, Dragon Quest Builders and SD Gundam G Generation Genesis. Well, and Chaos Rings...
I would love to buy Adventure Time physical!

I think only 1 game is playable. You need a JPN account to download the other games.

well shit

I KNOW. I ordered it earlier this week, paid for it and I'm still waiting for it to be shipped. VGP was more expensive, but they're OOS now as well.

:/

Damn. Also buygame2 has DOAX3 vita englihs CE (i think english) for 60ish dollars + shipping

Saphirax

$5 difference, should've went with VGP! Mine shipped this Monday but I did have to wait almost a week for their shipment to arrive before they could send it to me.

CzQnXMXWQAAd1Ke.jpg
Mine came yesterday alongside DQB /gloat.

I tend to pre-order most Asian-English releases for fear they make like some of the early ones and get difficult to find later on.

Haven't had chance to play it due to being sick all weekend -_-

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Nice, it looks pretty cool. I need to make sure I order it soon.
I'm only missing Gundam Breaker 3 and SD Gundam G Generation Genesis.

I don't suppose anyone here happens to know whether Medal of Honor Heroes and/or Twisted Metal: Head On are Vita compatible in Europe? All I can find is NA lists.

I'm assuming the answer is 'no' since Sony and EA and the publishers with the most incompatible games, but just thought I'd check.

RK128

I don't suppose anyone here happens to know whether Medal of Honor Heroes and/or Twisted Metal: Head On are Vita compatible in Europe? All I can find is NA lists.

I'm assuming the answer is 'no' since Sony and EA and the publishers with the most incompatible games, but just thought I'd check.

I think Twisted Metal is but not sure about MoH Heroes.

Mine came yesterday alongside DQB /gloat.

I tend to pre-order most Asian-English releases for fear they make like some of the early ones and get difficult to find later on.

Haven't had chance to play it due to being sick all weekend -_-

Jealous. Also get well soon. I'm super sleepy right now but I finished TLG an hour ago so it is review time. Then gotta play (ugh) dead rising 4. Once those are over its all about that God Eater 2 on vita online and FFXIV on PS4.

Top Bottom