• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

I should move to the US.

XeZJjSc.png

D: I'm so sorry

Now you know how I live.

Im really lucky to have friends who are willing to bring this stuff back for me. It happens with most games. I buy almost everything I get review codes for anyway phyiscally so some games are day one purchases to support and others are wait for slight price drop. I just shipped these 2 to my friend in USA and it cost 42$ all inclusive. Itll reach me in 6 months or so lol.

i-Jest

World of FF seems like a pass, then. I know it won't align to my tastes. I was already pretty put off by the art direction.

Stranger of Sword City still seems interesting to me. I've never played an Experience game before. Part of me wonders if I'm just being seduced by the gorgeous art, though.

Still tempted by Adventures of Mana. I guess I'll wait for a sale, even though it's already very cheap.

Yeah, I plan on doing this as well even though it's already cheap.

duckroll

I've been watching a SaGa SG stream... and it doesn't look great imo. Probably made on a budget of $2.50.

i'm not a SaGa fan so maybe I just don't get it, looking forward to the OT to read some impressions..

$2.50 sounds generous to be honest. As a SaGa fan who ordered this today, I will say that there's no defending the production values. It feels very cheap.

$2.50 sounds generous to be honest. As a SaGa fan who ordered this today, I will say that there's no defending the production values. It feels very cheap.

I hope SaGa fans will get what they're looking for here, but this is a really, really tough sell to anyone else. Not really sure what Square was thinking with this one

Powwa

Okay I bought Shiren LE, should I also get Exist Archive? I dont have much knowledge of it, general perception was mediocre from what I remember.

Takao

Banned
I hope SaGa fans will get what they're looking for here, but this is a really, really tough sell to anyone else. Not really sure what Square was thinking with this one

1) Make a mid-range smartphone game in a legacy series.
2) Get the diehard fans to shell out more than they would on micro transactions and not act pissy by debuting it on a dedicated platform.
3) """"Port"""" the game to mobile devices after __ months.

I feel like it's painfully obvious Scarlet Grace is one of the first of this SE strategy.

duckroll in the vita thread. im scared.

Yup.

Okay I bought Shiren LE, should I also get Exist Archive? I dont have much knowledge of it, general perception was mediocre from what I remember.

It runs much better on PS4 if you have that option but its perfectly playable on vita. Just keep that in mind. I wish they did a reversible cover though.

1) Make a mid-range smartphone game in a legacy series.
2) Get the diehard fans to shell out more than they would on micro transactions and not act pissy by debuting it on a dedicated platform.
3) """"Port"""" the game to mobile devices after __ months.

I feel like it's painfully obvious Scarlet Grace is one of the first of this SE strategy.

YEa i think this will happen

Honestly, even though I'm a little bummed with digital-only, having this news less than a week after Dragon Quest Heroes takes the sting off and at least we're getting the bloody game! Maybe something will happen in Asia with it but if not, I'll still buy it.

So at least I can have two Valkyria games on my Vita which makes me very happy.

PQube rep in The Vita Lounge magazine saying they'll support Vita "through at least the first part of 2017" then it depends on whether Switch syphons away the Japanese support or not.

I wonder what he could be teasing for the first part of 2017 ;)

Shame that the support might not continue, but I have faith that Switch isn't going to take everything straight away in terms of Japan (or at least, it'll be part of a multi-plat strategy for the early years).

PQube rep in The Vita Lounge magazine saying they'll support Vita "through at least the first part of 2017" then it depends on whether Switch syphons away the Japanese support or not.

Shame that the support might not continue, but I have faith that Switch isn't going to take everything straight away in terms of Japan (or at least, it'll be part of a multi-plat strategy for the early years).

that chaos;head or whatever that leaked?

Sondar

Is anyone importing the Japanese version of Adventure Time: Secrets of the Nameless Kingdom? Was/is there a chance of English subs?

that chaos;head or whatever that leaked?

Chaos;Child, yeah. Hopefully Uppers too.

Is anyone importing the Japanese version of Adventure Time: Secrets of the Nameless Kingdom? Was/is there a chance of English subs?

There's definitely a chance, yeah. I think someone is but can't remember who.

Also, there's a tiny bit of hope for Valkyria physical:

https://twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/809055720930844672

Ive got a hail Mary in mind, but I don't suspect it'll work.

I really feel like John is genuinely fighting our corner. And hey, it's not a flat-out 'no' like Caligula was!

Powwa

It runs much better on PS4 if you have that option but its perfectly playable on vita. Just keep that in mind. I wish they did a reversible cover though.

I've a PS4 but I go with exclusives and Fifa on PS4, Vita is more convenient for me so I went with Vita version after all. Thanks for the feedback.

I've a PS4 but I go with exclusives and Fifa on PS4, Vita is more convenient for me so I went with Vita version after all. Thanks for the feedback.

I bought both anyway. I prefer buying physical on Vita (especially if i own em both digitally from review codes) but the PS4 one had a manual and it was cheap so i said fuck it and got em both.

Chaos;Child, yeah. Hopefully Uppers too.

There's definitely a chance, yeah. I think someone is but can't remember who.

Also, there's a tiny bit of hope for Valkyria physical:

https://twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/809055720930844672

I really feel like John is genuinely fighting our corner. And hey, it's not a flat-out 'no' like Caligula was!

my friend gifted me uppers. Looking forward to playing it soon.

edit: sorry for double post

mjc

Not sure if this is the right place to ask it, but what's a good place to find replacement charging cables for the Vita? I can't seem to find the official Sony ones outside of Amazon and they want $20 after shipping for just the USB side.

Takao

Banned

What I really found bizarre about that interview is how they said they had to turn down games because of file sizes, or how Vita can't handle action games anymore. AFAIK, PQube doesn't dub games or produce them, so where is that coming from? Did ASW try to co-fund some fighting game port or something?

What I really found bizarre about that interview is how they said they had to turn down games because of file sizes, or how Vita can't handle action games anymore. AFAIK, PQube doesn't dub games or produce them, so where is that coming from? Did ASW try to co-fund some fighting game port or something?

All I could think was their racing games, but they stopped publishing those on Vita in 2014 so I don't see why that's an "only now in 2016" development.

Maybe Blazblue? Though I don't understand what hand they'd have in that development at all. I know Gal Gun had issues running on Vita but again, not them developing.

I would like to know what he was talking about as well. Especially since the first part of his interview talked about how they were always a company interested in bringing niche games to the west which doesn't require any development knowledge.

18-Volt

Switch will miss some support of important Japanese publishers, namely Compile Heart/Idea Factory, Gust, Nihon Falcom, 5pb and some of them won't support Switch as they support PlayStation platforms like SpikeChunsoft and Nippon Ichi.

Only Idea Factory games hit the Nintendo platforms were that two Hakuouki 3DS games and they have never made any game since then. Falcom never make games for Nintendo platforms directly, I don't think neither Switch will change their minds. SpikeChunsoft always support both platforms but their Nintendo support seems to be somewhat limited: Only Mystery Dungeon and Zero Escape games. 3DS also got Conception II but that's it. Same goes for Nippon Ichi, they support Nintendo but it's nothing compared to what they did for Playstation. Late ports (Disgaea DS, Phantom Brave Wii) and useless remakes (Rhapsody). And that Phantom Brave game for Wii was the last thing they did for Nintendo.

Switch is an amazing platform but I really don't think it can manage to change minds of some Japanese developers. It still is a home console and it has nothing to attract the Japanese Vita crowd.

Switch will miss some support of important Japanese publishers, namely Compile Heart/Idea Factory, Gust, Nihon Falcom, 5pb and some of them won't support Switch as they support PlayStation platforms like SpikeChunsoft and Nippon Ichi.

Only Idea Factory games hit the Nintendo platforms were that two Hakuouki 3DS games and they have never made any game since then. Falcom never make games for Nintendo platforms directly, I don't think neither Switch will change their minds. SpikeChunsoft always support both platforms but their Nintendo support seems to be somewhat limited: Only Mystery Dungeon and Zero Escape games. 3DS also got Conception II but that's it. Same goes for Nippon Ichi, they support Nintendo but it's nothing compared to what they did for Playstation. Late ports (Disgaea DS, Phantom Brave Wii) and useless remakes (Rhapsody). And that Phantom Brave game for Wii was the last thing they did for Nintendo.

Switch is an amazing platform but I really don't think it can manage to change minds of some Japanese developers. It still is a home console and it has nothing to attract the Japanese Vita crowd.

Spike Chunsoft also developed Attack on Titan & Kenka Bancho. They're as much a Nintendo supporter as they are Sony, so that one's an obvious choice.

As for the others, they're going to have a choice to make - do they think their audience is solely comprised of Sony diehards (in which case, it's PS4 after Vita dies) or is their audience comprised of Sony handheld fans? In which case, it's Switch with PS4 on the side.

I'm not saying it's the be all end all of the Japanese market like some are predicting it to be, but Falcom and the others need to go somewhere after Vita snuffs it and imo, they've only got until the end of 2017 before software sales are really gonna start nosediving in Japan. I know where I'd go.

Shizuka

Shouldn't we wait until at least the January conference before discussing japanese support? We barely know the companies that have claimed to support the platform past that one image.

RK128

Shouldn't we wait until at least the January conference before discussing japanese support? We barely know the companies that have claimed to support the platform past that one image.

I agree. The Switch is a system that will instantly get JP studios attention for its portable Nature (portables are successful in Japan) and indie studios (stronger hardware + portable factor) but we have a good 2017 for the Vita already based on announced games.

SEGA just came out and announced Vakyrie Revolution is coming to Vita today and other studios announced games a while back. So, not worried too much about Vita support. I do picture the Switch replacing the Vita in 2018 with 2017 getting some Vita studios support, but the Nintendo Eco-System is different from the PlayStation Eco System.

It is a wait-and-see kinda thing like Shizuka said before.

Cornbread78

OMG OMG OMG...

I just found this store J & L Games in NYC that carries English, Japanese imports (with English subs) and Asian imports of Vita games. I saw Tales of Innocence R and geeked out a little... I think my coworker on the trip with me wanted to kick me, lol.

A couple pics:

I wish there was a store like this close to my home!

Top Bottom