• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Looking at replies from their Twitter, Marvelous Europe seems more than willing to release Valkyrie Drive. I guess XSEED doesn't want to localise it.

Yeah, Marv would just publish it in EU, so they don't have to do all the work :D
I guess it's a Marvelous Japan/XSEED decision. It wouldn't be a HUGE loss, since playing the game in Japanese should kind of work, but I'd still prefer a localization

I know VD is a "special" case, but I hope that doesn't signal the end of Vita exclusive localizations from XSEED

I don't care aboput Uppers personally. But I'll beg for a localization if you help out here. Vita muffins unite!

I still haven't played Shinovi Versus yet. But I suppose more Vita games is always a good thing so yeah, fair enough!

(And how can you not care about Uppers, Kenka Bancho is awesome!)

I still haven't played Shinovi Versus yet. But I suppose more Vita games is always a good thing so yeah, fair enough!

(And how can you not care about Uppers, Kenka Bancho is awesome!)

Just haven't had any contact with that genre and setting yet.
Would 100% buy it if it comes over though, just not a priority

I know VD is a "special" case, but I hope that doesn't signal the end of Vita exclusive localizations from XSEED

Anihawk has got me worried that NISA are going to end their Vita-only localizations soon, to see XSEED stop them as well would be really upsetting. I know the console isn't setting the world on fire with hardware sales in the west but I'd hoped the actual games have been selling well enough to justify bringing more stuff over.

Shizuka

While you're all talking about Uppers and VD, I'm still bothered with Luminous Arc Infinity. I guess each one of us is looking forward to a different game!

Anihawk has got me worried that NISA are going to end their Vita-only localizations soon, to see XSEED stop them as well would be really upsetting. I know the console isn't setting the world on fire with hardware sales in the west but I'd hoped the actual games have been selling well enough to justify bringing more stuff over.
Anihawk has been saying that for a while though :p
I'll give it another 6 months and see what is announced before I really start to worry. I wish localization companies were a bit more transparent and let us know when Vita isn't doing well for them anymore. Last I heard XSEED was happy with it.

I wonder what Marvelous EU will be doing in the near future though. There will have to be some Marvelous titles coming over or they'd be kind of redundant. And most Marv titles are for Vita.
While you're all talking about Uppers and VD, I'm still bothered with Luminous Arc Infinity. I guess each one of us is looking forward to a different game!

I want Luminous Arc as well! Already sent an email about that and Tokyo Xanadu to XSEED a while ago :)

Anihawk has been saying that for a while though :p
I'll give it another 6 months and see what is announced before I really start to worry. I wish localization companies were a bit more transparent and let us know when Vita isn't doing well for them anymore. Last I heard XSEED was happy with it.

That "happy with it" comment was a fair while ago I think. I do remember Tom saying it but I seem to remember it was after Ragnarok Odyssey/Valhalla Knights/Ys and before anything else, so we've yet to see how Corpse Party does (though I suspect LoH will have done well enough).

And yeah... NISA seem to be jumping on the PC porting bandwagon, which is one way for "exclusives" to come over at least (similar to IFI, who are bringing Nep/Trillion as exclusives but I'm sure will be on PC within two years). So that's something I guess.

Bradach

Thanks for this thread. Some potential gems in the OP list!

Civ, Full Trottle, Children of Morta, Slain, Banner saga, Darkest Dungeon and Salt and Santuary all have my attention.

18-Volt

Valkyrie Drive localization doesn't seem to happning for now

https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/686451439472791552

Start spamming (be nice)

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames
https://twitter.com/marvelous_games

comments@xseedgames.com (<- more likely to reach the boss)

I'm not sure he meant it's NEVER going to be released in west. Hewants to release it, it's just Japan exlcusive right now. I'm sure it's part of XSEED lineup in 2016, there are many clues about it. Localized trophies, the way Tom from XSEED defended the game here on gaf, Marvelous EU's tweet. Otherwise, it's gonna be pretty empty year for them. Luminous Arc has much less chance to be released in west, I believe.

Same situation. Every possible 2016 NISA game is for Vita. Either they'll release NOTHING this year or they'll find a way to make them "not Vita exclusives". You know, just last year NISA has released Disgaea 1 on steam. Sounds like they have just started something.

VindicationDay

Neo Member

For me, and many others, I'm sure, it's Tokyo Xanadu! Honestly, the amount of money that I would pay for an English version of that game...

Also, I'm so freaking excited about Attractio! God, I didn't think we were ever going to hear about it again. It's the closest thing to "Portal on Vita" that we're ever going to get, and it will be a day one purchase for me!

Shizuka

The thing is that Tokyo Xanadu is guaranteed to come to the West at this point, with Falcom aggressively pursuing the market with their latest games. LAI, on the other hand, is in a dire situation.

18-Volt

The thing is that Tokyo Xanadu is guaranteed to come to the West at this point, with Falcom aggressively pursuing the market with their latest games. LAI, on the other hand, is in a dire situation.

Tokyo Xanadu will take some time though. I remember Tom from XSEED saying that Falcom isn't responsive enough for them to have a fast localization. I expect fall or winter 2016. Til then they need to release other software but they don't have anything but Vita games. So it's going to be a year full of XSEED games: Net High, Valkyrie Drive and Uppers.

Shizuka

Tokyo Xanadu will take some time though. I remember Tom from XSEED saying that Falcom isn't responsive enough for them to have a fast localization. I expect fall or winter 2016. Til then they need to release other software but they don't have anything but Vita games. So it's going to be a year full of XSEED games: Net High, Valkyrie Drive and Uppers.

With Falcom, it's always a year up to a year and a half from the japanese release to the western release. I'm expecting Winter 2016, but they may delay it not to coincide with Cold Steel II.

Zeta Oni

Any updates on Yoru no nai kuni getting a western release on the Vita?

Don't even care if its just digital, I really wanted to play it.

godisntheradio

Neo Member

i've seen a lot of people excited about this game, but i don't know anything about it, where can i get some information?

18-Volt

They had a poll about Vita version on Twitter, and those who wanted it were the majority (68-70%, I don't know why people bothered to vote for no). They also hinted that it might come after the PS4 release. They released DW8 Empires before its Japanese release, so I expect anything from KoTec.

Takao

Banned

If NA/EU gets the Vita version, it'll be after the PS4 one has launched.

what is the deal with preordering Digimon on PSN?

SCEA doesn't let you preorder digital Vita games, so the bonus DLC/themes will come with all first month purchases. I dunno why you can't preorder the PS4 version on PSN.

I wonder what Marvelous EU will be doing in the near future though. There will have to be some Marvelous titles coming over or they'd be kind of redundant. And most Marv titles are for Vita.

Right now they're working on Estival Versus, Nitroplus Blasterz and PopoloCrois. I believe all three are scheduled for Q1, so we'll have to see what they do next. Maybe they'll work on bringing titles from other Japansese developers to Europe?

New European Atlus partner confirmed.

seabass0

Man I love this thread. I just made a list of everything I need to look out for.

Also, I'm not sure if there's much confirmation on this, but it looks like Downwell will be coming to [VERTICAL] Vita at some point (fingers crossed). Source

CV9B3tRUwAIqHis.jpg

Man I love this thread. I just made a list of everything I need to look out for.

Also, I'm not sure if there's much confirmation on this, but it looks like Downwell will be coming to [VERTICAL] Vita at some point (fingers crossed). Source

CV9B3tRUwAIqHis.jpg
Yeah that was heavily hinted at by Devolver multiple times. Looking forward to it. Is it in the OP? Because it should be.

With Falcom, it's always a year up to a year and a half from the japanese release to the western release. I'm expecting Winter 2016, but they may delay it not to coincide with Cold Steel II.

Ehh I can see them both releasing close to each other if it came down to it. It was one thing for 2 Trails games to come out right next to each other, which is likely why they wanted SC to come out when it did. It's another thing for TX and CS II since they don't share gameplay and their worlds have nothing to do with each other. Now if TX gets pushed to next year, then it may have to compete with Ys 8 depending on how long it takes them to get that one out here.

I also wouldn't expect CS II at the tail end of the year like CS I was, not with it having significantly less text than 1 and it being worked on for several months already.

rafa

Neo Member
This thread makes me so happy! I love my Vita, honestly more than my consoles most of the time, and it's great to see that there's still a healthy line-up for this year. Thank you so much for doing this, Fady! Sub'd and anxious for the year to come ^_^

incpdo

Fady K thread rules!

Its great to see the amount of games already announced for this year. it shows me why i love the Vita , there is a strong support around the device (except from sony)

18-Volt

htol#niq is getting a sequel! Named "Rose and the Old Castle Twilight" and it's coming on April 28th. Producer said they will address the difficulty problems. Hopefully it will be toned down.

We're still yet to get Night Watch, but considering htol#niq took 6 months, there's till time. I'm ready for year full of NISA Vita announcements.

htol#niq is getting a sequel! Named "Rose and the Old Castle Twilight" and it's coming on April 28th. Producer said they will address the difficulty problems. Hopefully it will be toned down.

We're still yet to get Night Watch, but considering htol#niq took 6 months, there's till time. I'm ready for year full of NISA Vita announcements.

I didn't play Firefly Diary, but I really was interested in Night Watch. I'm still holding out for that one.

18-Volt

I don't why but it seems PS blog doesn't allow developers mention Vita version when it's not coming out at the same time with PS4. There have been many examples like that. The Banner Saga, Rain World, Volume... Not A Hero Vita might be still in development for a later release date, but blog post wouldn't be the place where we can learn about it.

edit: Yeah, it's cancelled. Too bad, it was a game i wanted to play so much. Come on NX, save us!

Shizuka

A first in my journey with a Vita, the Vita version of Volume only unlocks trophies when you're online. I was playing the game and no trophies were popping, even after progressing through level 25 (there's a progression trophy after you finish that).

I went online, tried to play another level and all the trophies I would've unlocked popped during that level. I got in touch with Mike Bithell through Twitter and he replied:

@goldzuka yup. Unfortunately that's a limitation placed by Sony thanks to the graphics settings we use to get those framerates :)

Which is a first, at least for me. I was keeping track of the trophy to know I'd unlock the 25% text trophy before the 25% core levels trophy, but since I unlocked them after I went online during level 27, I don't know if I missed any previous text. I sent another message asking for some kind of text progression meter, and he replied:

@goldzuka certainly on our list, but low priority, and the text unlock trophies are definitely working, seeing lots of platinums :)

And that's that. If you're playing Volume on Vita, play it online to keep track of your trophies as you go.

18-Volt

Im sad cuz Sony should just make A Vita 2 but I know they wont

Handhelds (including mobile) should rule the world yet they are dying, losing the war against home consoles. I really don't want a future with only home consoles. I may have to quit my job for that kind of future.

Handhelds (including mobile) should rule the world yet they are dying, losing the war against home consoles. I really don't want a future with only home consoles. I may have to quit my job for that kind of future.

Im in an even smaller minority that would Buy Xperia Play 2 in a heartbeat

All the things I want there is just no market for apparently

Im an old and angry soul

Top Bottom