• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

I vaguely remember this issue of gamesaves compatibility being a mixed bag of nuts. If you have PS+ you should be able to upload the save file, then download it whenever you want. So going digital and picking up where you left off shouldn't be an issue, in theory any.

Anyone want to shed light on how to approach this?
I sadly don't have PS+ anymore. (Ironically one of the games I had via PS+ was GR lol.)

Thinking on it more, I probably won't get the digital version. I'll just have to look everwhere for that missing case with the games.

Just really upset that not one, but now two games that I really wanted to replay are missing in a DS Case (that held 8 games but I could stick a Vita game ontop of the top row and it'd fit so I did that since I never got a Vita case) that I had out before we last moved, not needing it for about a year and moving stuff around the house searching for other stuff, and now not knowing where the case is.

Just gonna have to dedicate a day to looking through every inch of the house. RIP in piece body.

(Also must resist the obvious thing of "if I went all digital this wouldn't be a problem. #ResistAllDigitalFuture.)

Jimrpg

Alright I need to ask: If I buy a digital game of a game I already have on a retail cart will the save transfer over?

The same problem that plagued Zelda Spirit Tracks now plagues Gravity Rush: Its in a game case that is completely buried who knows where in this house.

So despite not really being able to afford it I am now considering downloading the damn game just to be able to play a game I already own FFS. Already tore the house up when I wanted to replay Spirit Tracks for the Zelda marathon I had leading up till BOTW and its simply not here.(And yes I know if I buy it digitally the game case will somehow show up the next day damnit.)

GR is $13.49 I think on the US PSN. Is that the standard price now so I won't need to be in a hurry to get it at that price? And does it go on sale often? I know it was once on sale for less than a dollar but that time is not now. >_<

i really want to finish Platinuming it, buy and do the DLC, and finally, replay the game to remember the story details before I start GR2 which I already own since the first one should be here! :mad:

I can't believe I can't play a game I own this is ridiculous. Its not my fault that the case vanished with all the moves. I guess Corpse Party Blood Drive is also in it since I just found out its also missing. Yippee! I don't know where else to look. Theres so many hard to get to places it could be. T_T

Well I went the other way, and purchased a game (Everybody's Golf) on a cart which I already had a save file of (because of PS+ library (and my PS+ lapsed as well, so I was definitely playing the cart). It worked no problems.

Jimrpg

I sadly don't have PS+ anymore. (Ironically one of the games I had via PS+ was GR lol.)

Thinking on it more, I probably won't get the digital version. I'll just have to look everwhere for that missing case with the games.

Just really upset that not one, but now two games that I really wanted to replay are missing in a DS Case (that held 8 games but I could stick a Vita game ontop of the top row and it'd fit so I did that since I never got a Vita case) that I had out before we last moved, not needing it for about a year and moving stuff around the house searching for other stuff, and now not knowing where the case is.

Just gonna have to dedicate a day to looking through every inch of the house. RIP in piece body.

(Also must resist the obvious thing of "if I went all digital this wouldn't be a problem. #ResistAllDigitalFuture.)

I don't think ill ever be able to decide between physical and digital honestly.

Recently I went on a physical cart binge and bought a lot of Vita games, even though they were far more expensive then when the Vita games go on sale on the PSN store. I figured it would be cool to have a nice little collection. But then over the past couple of weeks we've had some good sales on the US and EU PSN. AU$2.67 for Wipeout? $3 for Killzone? I paid US$30 for the physical.

But at the same time I'm guessing the physical collection might wear out over time, or get lost (like in your example), or the hardware finally dies. That could be 10~20 years, which is a relatively short time. I hope it lasts long enough for my kids to play the games.

With digital its also possible for Sony to stop Vita PSN support, which might make it difficult to download the games we own.

So I think i've given up worrying about what's better and just buy stuff both digitally and physically...

Hycran

Banned
Hi guys, sorry to bother you but as this is the most active Vita thread, thought I might ask my question here.

2 of my games now randomly have an error popping up (C2-14646-1) which apparently means that the game data is corrupted. I backed up the data to my ps3 (you back up the whole Vita application? whose idea was that) so i'm hoping I can now just delete the game on my vita and replace the saved data stored on the PS3 back into the Vita. Does anyone have any experience with this? or am i completely fucked on losing the game data.

Saphirax

Hi guys, sorry to bother you but as this is the most active Vita thread, thought I might ask my question here.

2 of my games now randomly have an error popping up (C2-14646-1) which apparently means that the game data is corrupted. I backed up the data to my ps3 (you back up the whole Vita application? whose idea was that) so i'm hoping I can now just delete the game on my vita and replace the saved data stored on the PS3 back into the Vita. Does anyone have any experience with this? or am i completely fucked on losing the game data.

Your memory card is probably dying. Try anothet card and see if it works then.

Arthos

Has anyone here had this happen to their Vita?

9p2wjyfl.jpg

It just randomly appeared and I'm not sure just what happened. The screen still works just fine but that line is really annoying and the colors are a bit lighter throughout the entire screen.

Powwa

After finishing Zelda on Switch, I went back to Vita to play some of my backlog. Man what a device, it doesn't feel like it's a generation behind at all. Makes me wish there was a PSP3 in the making.

Takao

Banned
Has anyone here had this happen to their Vita?

9p2wjyfl.jpg

It just randomly appeared and I'm not sure just what happened. The screen still works just fine but that line is really annoying and the colors are a bit lighter throughout the entire screen.

I've seen that happen to screens that got a hard drop to the floor.

Sekai Project making fun of the Vita version demands in their April Fools thing lol

https://sekaiproject.com/products/what-if-cows-looked-like-children/

context for the whole thing
https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnove...e_sekai_project_evil_organization_vn/daq3t8c/

It's actually pretty disappointing how many devs have done this today. Warped's (Nicholas Marcelin) April fools was that he's dropped Vita for Switch (maybe that one was actually real).

Then Rogue Raiders did it as well.

Though, I actually doubt either of those are actually coming to Vita anyway.

mollipen

I vaguely remember this issue of gamesaves compatibility being a mixed bag of nuts. If you have PS+ you should be able to upload the save file, then download it whenever you want. So going digital and picking up where you left off shouldn't be an issue, in theory any.

Anyone want to shed light on how to approach this?

From memory I've never had trouble using the PS+ upload method to switch between digital and physical (or vice versa), so yeah, I think that's definitely the solution.

Edit: I didn't realize I wasn't on the last page of the thread, and that this was already discussed more. Bleh.

Takao

Banned
I don't think it's very wise for Sekai Project to joke about that. People are mad because you took their money to make ports of simple games and years later you still have no release date in sight.

Olengie

I don't think it's very wise for Sekai Project to joke about that. People are mad because you took their money to make ports of simple games and years later you still have no release date in sight.

Yea. Even if its supposed to be a joke, it's one I don't find funny at all.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
But yeah, the GoR part should be stricken from the middle. I think they stylised it as Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ when it was announced.

Huh! Is there confusion about this? The title for the localized version will be Code: Realize &#12316;Future Blessings&#12316;.

Anyway, what's up, Vita peoples? I dropped by this thread to ask a question and also just to soak up some good vibes. I'm incredibly embarrassed to say I hadn't touched my trusty old 3G/Wi-Fi Crystal White PCH-1000 for years, but my current localization project is on the PSV, and it's a long one, running through mid-year. Hence I've been spending a lot of time back on the platform.

Goddamn, I dig me some Vita. How did I ever go astray? So many wonderful titles I'd simply never played, and luscious PS4 Remote Play in bed. Add all that to the fact my favorite narrative experience in the history of gaming just got its definitive version on the platform (which would be The House in Fata Morgana -Collected Edition-)... and it's safe to say I am in love again.

Having zero intention of "upgrading" to a PCH-2000 after seeing friends' and just not being happy with the black levels and ghosting, I covet the following two items desperately --

Joetsu's three-times-reissued L2/R2 grip...

714dq54OfcL._SL1000_.jpg

...and their accompanying carry case designed to hold a 1000 with said grip attached.

jecom-online_jpv-004bl_3

I've scoured sites Japanese, Asian, American and European; searched eBay and Yahoo! Japan Auctions endlessly. This retailed for ~¥4500 and was reissued only last December, yet I cannot find one for less than $90. Some scalpers are even kicking it up into $150 territory. Does anyone know of a cheaper source? I'm probably grasping at straws, but I figured this would be the place to ask.

Localization work and Fata Morgana's Modern Day Chapter call, so adieu for the nonce, and vive la Vita! &#12541;(&#12539;&#969;&#12539;)&#12494; 

It's actually pretty disappointing how many devs have done this today. Warped's (Nicholas Marcelin) April fools was that he's dropped Vita for Switch (maybe that one was actually real).

Then Rogue Raiders did it as well.

Though, I actually doubt either of those are actually coming to Vita anyway.
Easy target, most people think Vita is a joke anyway :(

Yeah I don't have a lot of faith in those Vita projects, which is why the "joke" was really weird

Igama

Neo Member
Hey guys, my brother just gifted me a couple of Vita games for my birthday which I don't know much about and I would like some opinions (not sure if this is the right place to ask. If not tell me and I'll ask elsewhere).

The games are God Eater 2: Rage Burst (apparently it includes a God Eater: Resurrection download code too) and Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (I know literally nothing about the SAO anime lol, don't know if it's important to enjoy the game). I would like some opinions on how the games are, how they run on the Vita, etc. Thanks!

Jimrpg

Huh! Is there confusion about this? The title for the localized version will be Code: Realize &#12316;Future Blessings&#12316;.

Anyway, what's up, Vita peoples? I dropped by this thread to ask a question and also just to soak up some good vibes. I'm incredibly embarrassed to say I hadn't touched my trusty old 3G/Wi-Fi Crystal White PCH-1000 for years, but my current localization project is on the PSV, and it's a long one, running through mid-year. Hence I've been spending a lot of time back on the platform.

Goddamn, I dig me some Vita. How did I ever go astray? So many wonderful titles I'd simply never played, and luscious PS4 Remote Play in bed. Add all that to the fact my favorite narrative experience in the history of gaming just got its definitive version on the platform (which would be The House in Fata Morgana -Collected Edition-)... and it's safe to say I am in love again.

Having zero intention of "upgrading" to a PCH-2000 after seeing friends' and just not being happy with the black levels and ghosting, I covet the following two items desperately --

Joetsu's three-times-reissued L2/R2 grip...

I've scoured sites Japanese, Asian, American and European; searched eBay and Yahoo! Japan Auctions endlessly. This retailed for ~¥4500 and was reissued only last December, yet I cannot find one for less than $90. Some scalpers are even kicking it up into $150 territory. Does anyone know of a cheaper source? I'm probably grasping at straws, but I figured this would be the place to ask.

Localization work and Fata Morgana's Modern Day Chapter call, so adieu for the nonce, and vive la Vita! &#12541;(&#12539;&#969;&#12539;)&#12494; 

Hey buddy, welcome to the Vita thread. I tried having a look around yesterday for that Vita grip (Play-asia, Mariio128, Superufo) but they don't have any. Superufo did have the Joetsu grip for the Vita 2000 though (for $28).

Personally if you're going to drop $90 on the grip you may as well get a Vita 2000 and the grip for that instead. The Vita 2000 has a better screen, I honestly feel the original Vita 1 OLED screen is a little fragile, especially now that its more than 5 years old anyway. It's also slimmer and lighter and has 1 more hour battery life! :) Having put the screens side by side, I can't tell the difference!

And I agree Fata Morgana was an amazing game!

Shizuka

Hey guys, my brother just gifted me a couple of Vita games for my birthday which I don't know much about and I would like some opinions (not sure if this is the right place to ask. If not tell me and I'll ask elsewhere).

The games are God Eater 2: Rage Burst (apparently it includes a God Eater: Resurrection download code too) and Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (I know literally nothing about the SAO anime lol, don't know if it's important to enjoy the game). I would like some opinions on how the games are, how they run on the Vita, etc. Thanks!

In terms of performance, God Eater 2 is great, but Hollow Realization is a mess. They're both great games, but if performance is an issue for you, I'd trade Hollow Realization for another game.

Igama

Neo Member
In terms of performance, God Eater 2 is great, but Hollow Realization is a mess. They're both great games, but if performance is an issue for you, I'd trade Hollow Realization for another game.
I see... how is Hollow Realization for a Sword Art Online newcomer? As I said in my previous post, I have zero SAO knowledge, will I feel lost storywise?

Cornbread78

I see... how is Hollow Realization for a Sword Art Online newcomer? As I said in my previous post, I have zero SAO knowledge, will I feel lost storywise?

You can play the game and still have fun with it without knowledge of the anime, but some of the character stories and dispositions will feel awkward without knowing their back history with the protag Kirito.

If you're serious about SAO, I'd recommend watching the first 13 episodes of the anime then going from there into the games. It's not completely necessary, but it really expands the experience (and they're pretty good anyway).

I've found Hollow Fragment the better game, but you can tell it's a PSP port most of the time whereas HR feels like a PS4 port (for better and for worse). Lost Song is actually my faovurite SAO game of all, but I can't objectively recommend it because it's very repetitive.

Three more LRG releases coming for Vita - Mutant Mudds Deluxe; Mutant Mudds Super Challenge and Risk of Rain. EDIT: And Ys Origin!

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/848943191675985921

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/848928081729396736

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/848958282840526848

Also Takao unearthed something interesting: Looney Tunes Galactic Sports was originally in development at Blitz Games (ported Epic Mickey 2) before they got shut down. I wonder if that's what caused Virtual Toys to drop their other projects because they had to pick it up:

http://thevitalounge.net/forum/threads/looney-tunes-galactic-sports.2334/page-2#post-71252

Saphirax

Blue Reflection looks... all over the place to me in terms of port:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0F0okvXE14

Framerate goes between fine and laggy in battles; character models are great but those ground textures are Soul Sacrifice tier.

I dunno. It's better than Nights of Azure but meh.

Musou Stars seems to be "distinctly average" tier in terms of port:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPX2YGRtKwI

Slowdown, but doesn't look too bad.

The game looks...bland.

Holy shit @ the bathtub water on the Vita version.

Triple post. :p

I mean, there's 2-3 hours between the posts and it's lots of new news. I figure it's easier this way since the thread will just go to a new page quicker rather than just having long posts full of me posting videos and tweets.

If it's a massive issue I can stop, but it's all Vita-related news and it's not like there's much excitement going on in here lately anyway.

The game looks...bland.

Holy shit @ the bathtub water on the Vita version.

Yeah, lol. The ground textures during the combat in the first area were what stood out to me. Framerate I can handle but that was amusing.

i-Jest

Blue Reflection looks... all over the place to me in terms of port:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0F0okvXE14

Framerate goes between fine and laggy in battles; character models are great but those ground textures are Soul Sacrifice tier.

I dunno. It's better than Nights of Azure but meh.

Musou Stars seems to be "distinctly average" tier in terms of port:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPX2YGRtKwI

Slowdown, but doesn't look too bad.

Yeah, I don't know about Blue Reflection anymore guys. If it gets localized, I might just skip it.

I do wonder why the team of interns doing all these Vita ports for Gust clearly haven't gotten any better over the years :p

Realistically though, they've focused on the character models and those are good. Environments looked decent enough to me too and I'm sure will be fine on the Vita's screen.

I mean, I'd still play it if it came west, load times seem okay and framerate I'm not really arsed about considering I've played through all of Gust's other ports. It's a port on 6 year old mobile hardware and I'll take the sacrifice to have a handheld version.

But I know I'm in an ever-decreasing minority on this one :p

The only thing I'm worried about is whether it's actually any good. Nights of Azure was average and impressions on this seem mixed too. I like it in principle though.

mollipen

Wow, that looks... not good. Or with other words: like a typical cheap Vita port by Gust.

But I still want it. :(

Me too. I have no idea if it's going to be worth playing at all or not at this point, but just something about the art direction + UI in this game make it "pretty" on a certain level for me. I like when games try to take a different direction visually, so I'll support it if for no other reason than that. (Even if I do wish that was backed up by better overall game design.)

Edit: I'm dumb.

It's a port on 6 year old mobile hardware and I'll take the sacrifice to have a handheld version.

I know how you meant it, but really, this is not an excuse. The system can so much more. It's just so obvious that the game, like most, was designed around the PS4 or a stronger plattform in general and only downported without much optimization in the fastest and cheapest way. Something you can see on almost all KT games. That's somehow part of the problem of many Vita titles. They weren't designed for the system and are "just" quick ports. I don't see that many 3DS titles with such huge flaws like this here. Sure, the 3DS won't get the ports in the first place, but it's getting much more titles built for the plattform. Resulting in better framerates, better graphics and in general a much more competent technical build.

I hope it's clear what I mean.

And no Senran Kagura PBS on Vita for us in the West is BOOOOOOO.

There is no Vita version in Japan either. ;-)

What the fuck is going on with Koei Tecmo and Gust? I mean, really.

It's clear they want to drop Vita, but keep making games for it because half their audience is on the system still. I don't really get the approach though, where some companies seem to believe that if they release enough shitty ports for one system, that their audience will move on to the better system and keep buying their games. If a company kept giving me the middle finger and told me to move on if I want anything resembling quality, why would I want to stick with that company even if I did move on? It would honestly just be better if they didn't even release the ports at all and forced the fanbase to move on, rather than keep releasing piss poor quality releases because they know enough of their fanbase is rabid enough that they'll keep buying them (or not according to the last Atelier) even when they're being shit on.

incpdo

hey Vitacats anyone know when we are getting spectre of torment ?

the games i have to buy this year for vita appart from spectre of torment:

Exist Archive
World of Final Fantasy
Utawarerumono
God Wars
Ys8
Ys Origins
Tokyo Xanadu
Trails of Cold Steel 1
Grand Kingdom
Aegis of Earth
Toukiden 2
Fate Extella

My wallet is crying already

Ventara

Exist Archive
World of Final Fantasy
Utawarerumono
God Wars
Ys8
Ys Origins
Tokyo Xanadu
Trails of Cold Steel 1
Grand Kingdom
Aegis of Earth
Toukiden 2
Fate Extella

Yes, Spectre of Torment should come as a free update to both physical and digital owners of Shovel Knight later this month.

And that is one nice list of games.

Jimrpg

Exist Archive
World of Final Fantasy
Utawarerumono
God Wars
Ys8
Ys Origins
Tokyo Xanadu
Trails of Cold Steel 1
Grand Kingdom
Aegis of Earth
Toukiden 2
Fate Extella

Yeah my wallet is already cried out... being collecting vita games for the last few months plus all the PS4 games and Zelda. Picked up about 30 now... LOL. Now to play them! Summon Night 6 is the only one on my radar for now, Ys Origins is already preordered, think I'm going to hold off a little on God Wars and Utawarerumono (because I have no idea on the game at all but it certainly looks pretty)

I picked up Shantae recently and it came in the mail yesterday, so now I'm listening to the soundtrack off youtube.

Youtube Shantae Soundtrack Link

Damn, this OST is legit! And the game is so pretty too, now I'm getting the hype behind the game. Looking forward to playing it.

incpdo

Yes, Spectre of Torment should come as a free update to both physical and digital owners of Shovel Knight later this month.

And that is one nice list of games.
That's great ! I have already shovel knight but seeing how different is spectre of torment I thought it was a paid dlc.
There are a few games I forgot on my list. This is going to be a bad year to my wallet.

Yeah my wallet is already cried out... being collecting vita games for the last few months plus all the PS4 games and Zelda. Picked up about 30 now... LOL. Now to play them! Summon Night 6 is the only one on my radar for now, Ys Origins is already preordered, think I'm going to hold off a little on God Wars and Utawarerumono (because I have no idea on the game at all but it certainly looks pretty)

I picked up Shantae recently and it came in the mail yesterday, so now I'm listening to the soundtrack off youtube.

Youtube Shantae Soundtrack Link

Damn, this OST is legit! And the game is so pretty too, now I'm getting the hype behind the game. Looking forward to playing it.

I forgot summon night 6 ! I need that game. Also games I want and I didn't mention in the list are:

Salt n sanctuary
Va11hal a
Bloodstained ( if it's not cancelled)
Nonary games
Y2k
Caligula
Valkyrie revolution
Hearth forth Alicia

I know how you meant it, but really, this is not an excuse. The system can so much more. It's just so obvious that the game, like most, was designed around the PS4 or a stronger plattform in general and only downported without much optimization in the fastest and cheapest way. Something you can see on almost all KT games. That's somehow part of the problem of many Vita titles. They weren't designed for the system and are "just" quick ports. I don't see that many 3DS titles with such huge flaws like this here. Sure, the 3DS won't get the ports in the first place, but it's getting much more titles built for the plattform. Resulting in better framerates, better graphics and in general a much more competent technical build.

I hope it's clear what I mean.)

Yeah, I do understand that completely. What I was meaning with the 6-year-old mobile hardware comment was more "it takes time to optimize", and at present Vita isn't the majority seller in Japan (let alone worldwide) so it's gonna get less effort in porting.

Whether that's a direct result of previous sloppy ports, idk :p

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Has anyone played the Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo DLC that came out recently? If so, what does it entail? Is it significant new content? I mean...it's just weird for such a small, niche game like that to get free DLC without any fanfare at all two years after release.

If the DLC's good I'll take the plunge and finally buy the game. It's been the only thing on my PSN wish list for well over a year now.

Has anyone played the Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo DLC that came out recently? If so, what does it entail? Is it significant new content? I mean...it's just weird for such a small, niche game like that to get free DLC without any fanfare at all two years after release.

If the DLC's good I'll take the plunge and finally buy the game. It's been the only thing on my PSN wish list for well over a year now.

Had no idea this released, lol. I honestly though Arc System Works weren't going to release anything else on Vita in the west after they skipped Neo Atlas. Now I can start beginning for it again :p

In other news, if anyone cared, AeternoBlade II for Vita is cancelled (and 3DS).Moved to PS4/XB1/Switch instead. Also all their artists quit and now it's being crowdfunded. Rofl:

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/aeternoblade-ii-now-ps4-xbox-one-switch-title

UCBooties

Had no idea this released, lol. I honestly though Arc System Works weren't going to release anything else on Vita in the west after they skipped Neo Atlas. Now I can start beginning for it again :p

In other news, if anyone cared, AeternoBlade II for Vita is cancelled (and 3DS).Moved to PS4/XB1/Switch instead. Also all their artists quit and now it's being crowdfunded. Rofl:

Woof, they are really gonna need some artists if they are trying to put that game on HD consoles.

Saphirax

I just checked Neo Atlas' SteamSpy numbers - the game bombed hard. But, that was to be expected.

Top Bottom