• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

I just checked Neo Atlas' SteamSpy numbers - the game bombed hard. But, that was to be expected.

Lol, yup, 1000 after 2 months at $30.

I still don't understand the reasoning for no Vita version of this. I mean at a stretch I can understand like Koei-Tecmo's decisions to skip Nobunaga on Vita because they're a bigger company working on bigger profit margins, but ASW USA are tiny and could've done with a bit extra from that. And I'm sure Artdink wouldn't have minded programming the translation in since they're still working on Vita.

But the decision to localize it at all was a bizarre one.

edit: Looks like they're having a string of bombas on Steam lately, Xblaze and Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters also disasters.

Saphirax

I still don't understand the reasoning for no Vita version of this. I mean at a stretch I can understand like Koei-Tecmo's decisions to skip Nobunaga on Vita because they're a bigger company working on bigger profit margins, but ASW USA are tiny and could've done with a bit extra from that. And I'm sure Artdink wouldn't have minded programming the translation in since they're still working on Vita.

Don't think they promoted it either. I completely forgot the game even existed. No idea what ASW was thinking.

Edit: TTGH bombed everywhere. You can buy the game for dirt cheap on Amazon just like Exist Archive.

i-Jest

Will The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky 3rd Evolution actually release on Vita? I read it's only going to be a PC only release.

It feels like The Legend of Raven is a dead project at this point.

Saphirax

Will The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky 3rd Evolution actually release on Vita? I read it's only going to be a PC only release.

It feels like The Legend of Raven is a dead project at this point.

PC only. Releasing a psp game in 2017 isn't viable.

Jimrpg

That's great ! I have already shovel knight but seeing how different is spectre of torment I thought it was a paid dlc.
There are a few games I forgot on my list. This is going to be a bad year to my wallet.

I forgot summon night 6 ! I need that game. Also games I want and I didn't mention in the list are:

Salt n sanctuary
Va11hal a
Bloodstained ( if it's not cancelled)
Nonary games
Y2k
Caligula
Valkyrie revolution
Hearth forth Alicia

You don't have to worry about Bloodstained - its not coming out till next year. ;)

DotEmu will save us.

In an alternative universe.

Haha, I wish. I suppose the biggest hurdle for them is that they'd have to do 1-3 again for PS4 and Vita doesn't really need 1 & 2 (and they wouldn't be the Evo versions anyway).

I'm already pleased we're getting Ys Origin alone from them. Anything extra is just gravy (but Ark of Napishtim would be so good).

I wonder if this has anything to do with the reason Engine Software still haven't finished Mighty No. 9 on Vita/3DS:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...hes-spin-off-maker-after-troubled-development

They've been pulled from the development of Terraria: Otherworld (a game that at one point I had hoped would come to Vita) and the article says this:

So, what went wrong with Engine Software? It's clear the studio struggled to meet the expectations of Re-Logic, but there are also suggestions the project suffered from mismanagement.

"First day, here's your PC," he said during the panel. "Excellent. Nice desk. Even got me the right software. So, what would you like me to do? Tumbleweed goes through the office. Well don't worry about it, we'll look at the game design. There isn't one. Oh, we don't have a game design, we have a wikipedia. Well, let's have a look at the wikipedia. Nothing has been touched on it for over a year.

"People had collected a salary and done nothing on the project for a year."

I've posted this elsewhere that I'm sure Takao has seen by now, but I took a gamble on Mighty no. 9 (because why not for £3.99) but at the moment, you can't download to Vita. It is, however, buyable in the Vita store:

0KPeAVn.jpg

RxRYcUr.jpg

Some might say that taking your money and giving you nothing in return is Mighty No. 9's true meaning.

I wonder what platform I'll even have a copy for now. I'll have to check the web store.

edit: PS3 & PS4 according to the web store. ITSBETTERTHANNOTHING.

I've posted this elsewhere that I'm sure Takao has seen by now, but I took a gamble on Mighty no. 9 (because why not for £3.99) but at the moment, you can't download to Vita. It is, however, buyable in the Vita store:

0KPeAVn.jpg

RxRYcUr.jpg

59 Turkish Lira? You've got to be fucking shitting me, that's equal to 15 dollars lol

I wonder what platform I'll even have a copy for now. I'll have to check the web store.

edit: PS3 & PS4 according to the web store. ITSBETTERTHANNOTHING.

No that is wrong. Not purchasing would have been the best option.

#mn09kickstarterbacker

What is the over under for Vita version being cancelled? Or perhaps, let me rephrase: do you think we will get an announcement OR will they do an out of sight out of mind thing and hope everyone forgets? AND if we get an announcement, how far into the next Kickstarter Inafune attempts do you think it will be until they announce the Vita version of MN09 is cancelled?

edit: Looks like they're having a string of bombas on Steam lately, Xblaze and Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters also disasters.

*sigh* I wish they brought Neo Atlas to Vita, even if digital. Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters extended edition (whatever it is called) is a title I wish was physical...I was about to buy the original then heard the extended drastically improved it and was the way to go then found out it was digital and forgot it existed until today.

Meanwhile, what about PQube's 2017 lineup?

Maybe 5pb are translating Chaos;Child themselves again.

*sigh* I wish they brought Neo Atlas to Vita, even if digital. Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters extended edition (whatever it is called) is a title I wish was physical...I was about to buy the original then heard the extended drastically improved it and was the way to go then found out it was digital and forgot it existed until today.

I've been asking ASW on Twitter about it repeatedly. Yet to get a response.

Couple of interesting pieces of news. Frontwing on more Vita support:

http://operationrainfall.com/2017/04/05/frontwing-april-2017-ama/

There were some mention of the PS Vita. Frontwing note that they were surprised by the support of the Vita community during the Sharin no Kuni Kickstarter campaign and that they are looking into the possibility for console releases for a couple of their other upcoming titles (including the Vita), however no further details were shared.

Limited Run Games on localizing Vita titles:

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2017/04/05/a-word-with-limited-run-games-new-consoles-and-old/252533/

I feel like the Vita market’s going to run out soon, which is why we’re starting to look towards the Far East for games. Thinking about maybe trying to bring some games over that never even got here before

Takao

Banned
No that is wrong. Not purchasing would have been the best option.

#mn09kickstarterbacker

What is the over under for Vita version being cancelled? Or perhaps, let me rephrase: do you think we will get an announcement OR will they do an out of sight out of mind thing and hope everyone forgets? AND if we get an announcement, how far into the next Kickstarter Inafune attempts do you think it will be until they announce the Vita version of MN09 is cancelled?

I really don't know what's going on. As recently as last December, Engine Software said they were still working on the handheld builds, but because it was a for-hire job they're not legally allowed to say anything more. Comcept and the Mighty No. 9 social media feeds have gone absolutely dead. I understand the fan community turned sour, but there's still work to be done and they're not even trying to make the best out of a bad situation.

Jimrpg

One of the things I’ve noticed about the releases is that the Vita games always sell out before the PlayStation 4. The Vita market seems to be a hungry market.

Yeah, so our Vita releases definitely sell better because they’re hungry, like you said. That’s why when anybody announces they’re doing a Vita version and then cancel it they get the most flak, because Vita fans feel even more slapped in the face, because they’re supporting a console that they thought you were supporting, and then you cancel your project; that means one less game that they have. That’s why I’m hoping Vita fans, eventually when the Vita starts to kinda like die down, make the switch to the Switch. I feel like that’s a good… it’s kinda the next handheld. It’s a good way to migrate. We’re going to support the Vita until Sony tells us not to, so you don’t ever have to worry about Limited Run saying “We’re done with Vita.” If we say that, that means that Sony told us. We’ll be here for the Vita until it’s absolutely dead.

Cool!

http://rainbite.net/post/159257631336/reverieworldsetup

Rainbite have posted a dev blog about development of Reverie. Really interesting. Seems like these guys are legit.

In these games, one tile is the same size as the user's screen and the player will move their character to the edge of each tile (edge of their screen) to transition to the next. Link's Awakening was made for the Gameboy console which is why the tile is more square. We are creating Reverie in a similar way. Each tile is the same size as a Playstation Vita screen, which is 960x544 pixels. Our resolution for our pixel art is 318x180, so we then scale the images up to match the screen pixel size. We can talk more about why we have done this in a separate art post if you want, let us know on Twitter or Facebook if you want!

edit: Although it's made in Unity, oh no!

One the great things about Unity is the prefab system. A prefab is an asset that stores any object complete with components and properties.

CSH is a 5GB game lol

Good luck getting that on a Vita cart :)
Not to knock Zeboyd cause they've really been working hard for this, but ugh. Won't this be one of the highest Vita file sizes if it stays the same?
It's just hard to believe this 2D, 20-hour game will be almost double the size of most lengthy 3D Vita games AND over 10 times as large as any other 2D indie game.

Not to knock Zeboyd cause they've really been working hard for this, but ugh. Won't this be one of the highest Vita file sizes if it stays the same?
It's just hard to believe this 2D, 20-hour game will be almost double the size of most lengthy 3D Vita games AND over 10 times as large as any other 2D indie game.

I really appreciate what Zeboyd have been doing, but it's really disappointing to see them fall at the final finish line in terms of release date as well.

I know how hard they've been working, but seeing all his posts about optimizing the Vita version and that helping with the other versions made me hopeful it'd be a simultaneous release across all platforms, but now the others have a release date and we've just got a vague "later" for Vita now.

At least, they'll have to get it down to like 3.4GB otherwise Limited Run Games won't be able to release it :p

Yeah, I'm not a dev, but I don't really see what justifies that size.

Yeah, I'm not a dev, but I don't really see what justifies that size.
Maybe they can contact the guy who did the Bastion Vita port? I remember he managed to implement a process that almost automatically scaled the game's 2D assets to Vita's native resolution.

EDIT: Here it is. Apparently the original developers already had that forward thinking.

incpdo

Maybe they can contact the guy who did the Bastion Vita port? I remember he managed to implement a process that almost automatically scaled the game's 2D assets to Vita's native resolution.

EDIT: Here it is. Apparently the original developers already had that forward thinking.
As an amateur Dev i must say that's one really interesting article

18-Volt

LRG wants to bring Japanese games to west? They should try Bunny Must Die and Airship Q. Both games are already in English, so all they need to do license them and release. I have played Bunny Must Die on Steam and I can say it's one of the best indie 2D platformers I've played. Up there with Cave Story.

Chesskid1

Banned
does anyone with large physical collections store their cartridges outside of their cases? if so, how? i always move/knock over things on my bookshelf trying to get a vita case out and it annoys me a ton.

LRG wants to bring Japanese games to west? They should try Bunny Must Die and Airship Q. Both games are already in English, so all they need to do license them and release. I have played Bunny Must Die on Steam and I can say it's one of the best indie 2D platformers I've played. Up there with Cave Story.

Part of me is being realistic and thinking "they're going to start with simple stuff like a doujin platformer that won't take much work" then part of me hope they just dive straight in and go for the bigger stuff.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Ukiyo no Roushi. Doug likes Way of the Samurai games and this is a rip-off made by Spike Chunsoft, who they've partnered with before on One Way Heroics.

It just makes too much sense.

Ventara

does anyone with large physical collections store their cartridges outside of their cases? if so, how? i always move/knock over things on my bookshelf trying to get a vita case out and it annoys me a ton.

I use this. It's low-quality, but it's cheap and get's the job done. Not like I'm throwing these around and stepping on them. And just to clarify, it holds 14 game carts and 4 Vita memory cards.

I have one of these as well, and although it's better quality and I like how the colour kinda matches a Vita game case, it's more expensive and stores less at 12 games. Can't help but feel it was a missed opportunity to make it slightly bigger to match the dimensions of a Vita game case and have it hold more carts. It does hold game carts better than the previous one I mentioned, though.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

I use the old 24 card game cases from Hori.
They're impossible to find now and the prices people ask for them are ridiculous.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
oh, i might of found a nice solution for mass cartridge storage. i was thinking of stuff the size of vita cartridges and thought of SD cards. people make binder pages for them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Flash-D...Ring-Binders-10-Pack-RMSTWPF-10-/301062670351

Hey, I like that.
I wonder if you can find them with even smaller pockets...

EDIT:
Here we go, 20 pockets per page.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R52FIH6/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Or this one, no tabs though: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003GMTTLA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Chesskid1

Banned
Hey, I like that.
I wonder if you can find them with even smaller pockets...

EDIT:
Here we go, 20 pockets per page.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R52FIH6/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Or this one, no tabs though: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003GMTTLA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

think i'm going to get 10 for $4.88

www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-10-BCW-20-Pocket-Album-Pages-for-2x2-Coin-Flips-binder-sheets/361271960374

hell yeah. and i have extra binders laying around.

this is exactly what i wanted really. flip open a binder and have access to ~100 vita games without fumbling with cases.

Shizuka

If I needed to decide one last Vita exclusive to get localized, from the ones that actually stand a chance, I'd be happy with Dungeon Travelers 2-2. What about you guys?

If I needed to decide one last Vita exclusive to get localized, from the ones that actually stand a chance, I'd be happy with Dungeon Travelers 2-2. What about you guys?

Of games that actually stand a chance, DT2-2 would be at the top of my list as well. Better hope Utawarerumono is successful on Vita though, because that's the only chance I see of us getting it.

Ventara

Hmm, if I can be honest here, I can't think of many Vita exclusives that haven't made it over that I'd want. Other than DT2-2, there's Demon Gaze 2, Tales of Innocence R (eh, it counts), Luminous Arc Infinity, Phantasy Star Nova, Ciel no Surge Offline, and uh, that's it, I guess.

I'd choose Ciel no Surge Offline. I know we got some sort of translation online, but I'd rather have it on the Vita.

Hmm, if I can be honest here, I can't think of many Vita exclusives that haven't made it over that I'd want. Other than DT2-2, there's Demon Gaze 2, Tales of Innocence R (eh, it counts), Luminous Arc Infinity, Phantasy Star Nova, Ciel no Surge Offline, and uh, that's it, I guess.

I'd choose Ciel no Surge Offline. I know we got some sort of translation online, but I'd rather have it on the Vita.

This is for "games that stand a chance" though :p. Koei has made it clear that Ciel isn't coming over and they're the only ones that work with Gust (that and I doubt Gust would even go back to it and input localized files if any company wanted to do it). LAI we've gotten a no go from Xseed and it's honestly too late for someone else to come in for it, lolPSO, and Tales is long past it's chance. Demon Gaze 2, if it comes as anything more than an Asian English version (who knows if that is even coming), is highly likely to be ported to PC along with the first game as well.

Top Bottom