• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks: Details multiple devkits evolution of Orbis

frabz-Brace-yourselves-Monday-is-coming-078620.jpg

From VGLeaks

Herewego.gif

Those looking for BC and the cell in the ps4 i have some potentially good news. From a different forum i usually check out a user who knows someone with close links to polyphony digital stated that Gran Turismo 6 is running on next generation hardware built upon GT5 engine.

Sporran

Those looking for BC and the cell in the ps4 i have some potentially good news. From a different forum i usually check out a user who knows someone with close links to polyphony digital stated that Gran Turismo 6 is running on next generation hardware built upon GT5 engine.

did we expect anything different, said that years ago assets would be reused, hence the high polygon count of the premium models.

The only reasonable thing that picture could mean is that we get both console announcements on Monday, as well as a Halo 5, Agent, and Half Life 3 announcements. It's gotta be.

That doesn't mean BC, but it's good to know GT6 is running on the ps4. That's a game Sony needs to get out early.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
compare to all other next gen speculation thread, this is the only sane one. I cringe when I read others.

Great discussin and info here. So thank you to all here.

I love this thread. It's definitely more level headed and I've had some of the best discussion I've ever had on GAF in here. There just seems to be more general excitement about the gaming industry and tech in here than fanboy BS.

maverick40

I love this thread. It's definitely more level headed and I've had some of the best discussion I've ever had on GAF in here. There just seems to be more general excitement about the gaming industry and tech in here than fanboy BS.

This is very true, may it continue.

did we expect anything different, said that years ago assets would be reused, hence the high polygon count of the premium models.

kaz has said that the reason why it took Polyphony alot of time to create a new flasgship GT game for the ps3 was because they had to throw away all their code from the ps2 era and retool everything from scratch to build an engine that relied heavily on the Cell and especially the SPUs.

This means using an engine that is completely dependent on the cell on next generation hardware could only mean the cell is actually being used for the ps4 as well.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Could any of these legit leaks nudge MS or Sony to make announcements a little earlier than they originally had planned?

I hope they at least formally announce the systems by GDC so devs can talk freely about next gen goals and show off tech demos. We may need to wait until E3 to actually seem games but I'd like to at least be able to enjoy the parts of GDC we can see without having to hear devs constantly tiptoeing around the fact that Orbis and Durango even exist.

i-Lo

& What make you think that I think it's PS4 and not Durango? I only posted the picture in the 1st VGLeaks thread that I seen.

I am not assuming one way or another. You posted it here and so I thought it was related to PS4. Of course, you claim to have done so because it was the first vgleak in your sight.

In any event, any new information regarding either (or miraculously both) console would add to both destructive and constructive discussions.

Top Bottom