• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGleaks: Orbis Unveiled! [Updated]

LuuKyK

see what rare did with kameo and pdz...both were xbox games originally....they wont have to change everything. just add dx11 shaders, increase resolution and frame rate

Huh? Really? Well anyway... I think we will have to agree to disagree. :p Because I really think its not going to be a next gen game. Time will tell I guess. @_@

we haven't seen anything from suckerpunch since infamous2's dlc. Infamous 3 on a system with these specs. MMmmm.

fanciest particle fx + large scale explosions :O

Huh? Really? Well anyway... I think we will have to agree to disagree. :p Because I really think its not going to be a next gen game. Time will tell I guess. @_@
look bro, if that stupid lighting game hits this fall, they wont have the time to hype versus13 anymore. everyone will be going crazy for next gen. launching v13 for ps3 in 2014 will be suicidal

LuuKyK

look bro, if that stupid lighting game hits this fall, they wont have the time to hype versus13 anymore. everyone will be going crazy for next gen. launching v13 for ps3 in 2014 will be suicidal

You do realize that Final Fantasy XII launched in march and the PS3 came out in november (japan) and the game still did very well right? I see a very similar situation for Versus and PS4. Also SE is not going to throw Versus for a not yet defined and small userbase.

Next gen devs been doing work:

Evolution = Motorstorm 4/Wipeout
Guerrilla = KZ4/Something else awesome
Media Molecule = LBP
Naughty Dog = UC4 or Jak 4
Polyphony = GT6
Sony Santa Monica = GOW 4
Sony Japan = Gravity Rush
Sucker Punch = inF 3
Superbot = PSAS 2
Kojima = MGS 5
Team ICO = The Last Guardian
Lucasarts = Star Wars 1313
Ubisoft = Watchdogs
Quantum Dream(?) = Beyond
Bungie = Destiny
Insomniac = Resistance 4/Ratchet and Clank ...

...Just listing this makes me realize we have the best generation of all time on our hands.

we haven't seen anything from suckerpunch since infamous2's dlc. Infamous 3 on a system with these specs. MMmmm.

fanciest particle fx + large scale explosions :O

Hopefully they pace the game better than the previous ones then...

5-6 hours of babbys first action game before you actually unlock enough powers for the game to become fun and for the gameplay to become interesting.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Are you done being obnoxious yet? Act like an adult instead of a child.

Nah man, he is an adult. Just that he is the adult version of the "My uncle works at Nintendo"-kid. Not saying he doesn't have sources, actually I do believe he has - only thing is that every post I've read from him is some lame wink wink nudge nudge stringing people along.

Nah man, he is an adult. Just that he is the adult version of the "My uncle works at Nintendo"-kid. Not saying he doesn't have sources, actually I do believe he has - only thing is that every post I've read from him is some lame wink wink nudge nudge stringing people along.

I don't mind what he posts, just that every time he interacts with someone he is super condescending, and every one of his statements he presents with great authority (without ever backing it up).

For what he has in insider sources he seems to be lacking in social skills, I tried to ignore it but every fucking time it's the same thing.

spwolf

The vgleaks Durango leak said: http://www.vgleaks.com/world-exclusive-durango-unveiled-2/

"from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec"

Then, Eurogamer commented on the vgleaks Durango leak and said: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-next-gen-xbox-specs-leak

"In the case of Durango, the CPU is married up with 8GB of DDR3 memory, working in concert with 32MB of what is dubbed "ESRAM" - fast work RAM connected directly to the GPU. The two pools of memory operate in parallel, and while we haven't confirmed overall bandwidth, the leak's 170GB/s throughput certainly seems plausible."

And if I'm not mistaken someone on B3D (sorry no link) also said it's plausible. That none of those sites (major source of our leaks) are disputing this is telling. We definitely need more detailed info on Durango.

doesnt change the fact that you cant access DDR3 at no faster than DDR3 runs at. Which is 100 GB/s less than GDDR5. Total throughput is just a bullshit number.

Does it matter, will it make 720 Games a lot slower? I have no idea. But that doesnt make total throughput numbers any less bullshit as 8 GB of DDR3 is limited to 68 GB/s.

So possibly more efficient, just like 14+4 might be more efficient than 18, but no magic.

No doubt that they will be able to, but at lower res. I'm still thinking the launch titles will be 30fps at 1080p for each system then we'll see most things move to 60fps as the generation progresses. No doubt these are planned to have a 10 year life cycle again so I'm not too worried about how performance is on games in the first 6 months. It's how the Wii U is right now. It's on a grace period while they continue to learn what the system can do, post launch +6 months is when I think developers have had enough time to start exploiting certain capabilities.

I'd actually say the exact opposite. We'll likely see 1080p games at 60fps at launch. These will be 360/ps3 up-ports and multiplat games. As the generation moves on and real games are made that actually push the hardware more, then we'll likely see a drop to 30 (or even sub 30) all in an attempt to push games ever more graphically.

LuuKyK

ps2 was a beast and it had a monoply on the market. ps3 doesnt

Ugh, Im not comparing PS3 to PS2. -_- Im just saying that selling a game to an estabilished userbase equals assured profit (considering marketing, antecipation, etc, obviously), and launching it on a new platform is quite a risk seeing that you dont know how long will it take for people to buy the console, what if the consumers that buy the console late dont even are interested in the game anymore? There is a lot "ifs" and "?" when you consider to launch such a big game on an unknown platform like the ones yet to come. Launching it on the current conoles is the SAFE choice and I dont see SE risking a failure considering their situation.

Wait.what am I missing here? :D

BOOM = Exciting times at E3, megatons etc.

I fail at doing jokes. t_t

Zen

Banned
The vgleaks Durango leak said: http://www.vgleaks.com/world-exclusive-durango-unveiled-2/

"from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec"

Then, Eurogamer commented on the vgleaks Durango leak and said: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-next-gen-xbox-specs-leak

"In the case of Durango, the CPU is married up with 8GB of DDR3 memory, working in concert with 32MB of what is dubbed "ESRAM" - fast work RAM connected directly to the GPU. The two pools of memory operate in parallel, and while we haven't confirmed overall bandwidth, the leak's 170GB/s throughput certainly seems plausible."

And if I'm not mistaken someone on B3D (sorry no link) also said it's plausible. That none of those sites (major source of our leaks) are disputing this is telling. We definitely need more detailed info on Durango.

Magic doesn't exist. It's not going to just add bandwidth together.

Indeed. Better characters would be nice, also, the Helghast from the original infamous 2005 trailer looked better than the ones in the final game. I mean their suits etc.

yeah they need a master cheif type nameless robotic character, maybe introduce an alien element so the humans and helghast can unite their forces

just revamp the story basicslly

THE:MILKMAN

I tell you what, with all these games that are being worked plus all the secret stuff we don't, how the hell are Sony going to fit it all in a 2 hour E3 PC?

Which E3 has gone down as the best? I think with what all three will bring this E3 it can't fail to be on another level.

LuuKyK

I tell you what, with all these games that are being worked plus all the secret stuff we don't, how the hell are Sony going to fit it all in a 2 hour E3 PC?

Which E3 has gone down as the best? I think with what all three will bring this E3 it can't fail to be on another level.

Thats why we have various events throughout the year. :) Obviously E3 is the bigger one, but they can space the announcement in different presentations/events, etc...

Zen

Banned
The ISA have terrible designs while the Helghast have great designs. I want a Helghast exclusive Killzone game. A RPG in the Killzone universe would be glorious too.

Bullshit, the ISA have amazing designs, especially the carriers.

And a Helghast exclusive game in the KZ universe would be terrible if their characterization has been any indication. You get to play as a mustache twirling space Nazis woo...

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
But isn't that closer to where MS are right now?

Anyway, it was a sarky post and the Amiga was better anyway, even if I did covet my friends FA-18 interceptor for being 7% faster..

No way. Atari was always pushed as being the Big Guy and Amiga the catch-up that pulled ahead. When I was selling and promoting, I had to push that. When I was doing tech support I had to push that. Atari was dust before it could even be a sandcastle. (The 1040ST was like the 7800 (vs ColecoVision), a non-entity also-ran.)

Exentryk

ps2 was a beast and it had a monoply on the market. ps3 doesnt

I am doubtful about the PS4 move too. Unless they release it on both PS3 and PS4.

Also, (taken from the recent fan made FF anniversary e-mag http://uffsite.net/avalon/ )

"What will you be doing to attract PS3 customers once the game comes out? 2013 is a long time from its 2009 announcement, and we’re getting closer to a PlayStation 4..."

Naoki Yoshida: "Graphic-wise, usually MMOs won’t put a strain on the graphical capabilities of a system. It’s more about getting the base onto the system. We’re not very worried about this next technology coming out being able to display what we have now. The biggest thing comes down to, that yes, maybe in the near future, a new system will be released, but when it is, the market will be small. The market on the PS3 is still going to be large at that time.
By releasing on the PS3, even if a new system is close, you’re going to get that big market of people who already have the PS3. By releasing on the PS4 instead, you’re going to lose those numbers, because only a small amount of people have it.

Also, we’ve made people wait so long, so we want to offer this at a low cost. By offering it to the PS3, we’re able to keep those costs down to ensure that the maximum number of players that want to play it can play the game. That’s what’s important. It doesn’t mean we’re sitting around doing nothing. We have our plans, and there will be a time when we can talk about those as well. It’s not like we’re ignoring the stuff that’s coming in the future."

DieH@rd

Banned

Unveil console tech before E3, leak few games in the 2 weeks window before the E3, create great 2hr pressconf filled with great Vita/PS3/PS4 games. No one gets left behind, 10 year lifecycle for everyone! At the end, Hirai needs to step up on the stage and just say.... "299" and then drop the mic.

/implosion of the internet

Durango has the special sauce which will magically allow ram to perform faster than their stated speed.

images

Piggus

Durango has the special sauce which will magically allow ram to perform faster than their normal speed.

Yeah that whole magical way to get a 170 gb/s number out of DDR3 made me lol. The speed of DDR3 is still a bottleneck regardless of how the ESRAM works, unless someone can accurately explain the contrary.

B.O.O.M

Ugh, Im not comparing PS3 to PS2. -_- Im just saying that selling a game to an estabilished userbase equals assured profit (considering marketing, antecipation, etc, obviously), and launching it on a new platform is quite a risk seeing that you dont know how long will it take for people to buy the console, what if the consumers that buy the console late dont even are interested in the game anymore? There is a lot "ifs" and "?" when you consider to launch such a big game on an unknown platform like the ones yet to come. Launching it on the current conoles is the SAFE choice and I dont see SE risking a failure considering their situation.

BOOM = Exciting times at E3, megatons etc.

I fail at doing jokes. t_t

oh hehe my bad. That's actually a pretty cleverly done..I'm just half asleep now so it kinda went over my head :D

MaulerX

doesnt change the fact that you cant access DDR3 at no faster than DDR3 runs at. Which is 100 GB/s less than GDDR5. Total throughput is just a bullshit number.

Does it matter, will it make 720 Games a lot slower? I have no idea. But that doesnt make total throughput numbers any less bullshit as 8 GB of DDR3 is limited to 68 GB/s.

So possibly more efficient, just like 14+4 might be more efficient than 18, but no magic.

Don't shoot the messenger (lol). I was just letting him know where the Durango's 170 GB/sec number came from. The bolded part is true but they are implying that if the GPU can simultaneously draw from both RAM and eSRAM, then the 170 GB/sec is plausible.

You must be new to E3... so let me explain how it's going to work. Sony is going to have an announcement planned for before E3 starts. In the weeks leading up to E3, every single one of their secrets will be leaked, EXCEPT for anything that has to do with Move. So by the time E3 gets here, Sony will have absolutely nothing to talk about at E3, and all that will be remembered is that it's another "disappointing E3" where Sony only revealed that their new move add-on that tracks how many calories you burn.

Zen

Banned
Don't shoot the messenger (lol). I was just letting him know where the Durango's 170 GB/sec number came from. The bolded part is true but they are implying that if the GPU can simultaneously draw from both RAM and eSRAM, then the 170 GB/sec is plausible.

Only if you add the individual speeds from each together which is not how it works.

Top Bottom