• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vince Zampella: Titanfall beta was full res textures

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Got damn, this is scary. Bish laying the smackdown into RKO into Five Knuckle Shuffle into Stone Cold Stunner on Cbutt.
Lots of new members baying for blood. Nearly all juniors. Almost in unison. Hmm.

Anyways, this getting derailed. Back on topic, please.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I think that by the time e3 rolls around this game will largely be forgotten.

Not just for goty stuff but in general.

The odd map pack releasing in August or September will be a weird reminder.

Bgamer90

Banned

Heh, yeah --- I'm pretty sure the game will be forgotten months before the Fall shooters come out; even though many people were addicted to the beta that had only two maps.

Definitely believable.

Anyways, this getting derailed. Back on topic, please.

You mean the topic isn't about Cboat?

Oh, uh... I actually haven't really had a problem with the way Titanfall looks, in terms of textures or resolution. No, I'm not "blind", and I certainly can tell the difference, it just doesn't really bother me. I can understand why it's a hot topic for people, though; Microsoft has probably dumped a billion dollars into this project when you count advertising, purchased exclusivity, and every which way they've bent over backwards to make it "special" - it's not unreasonable that people are expecting something rolling in with that much ridiculous hype to knock their socks off.

Personally, I'd just rather it ran at a consistent frame-rate. If they could get me 60 fps with uggo Alpha textures, then bring 'em on. I really hope they aren't intentionally taking a performance hit just because they feel like they've been goaded into ramping the graphical fidelity because of Resolutiongate/Texturegate/etc.

antitrop

The Destiny hype train will be starting, but Titanfall will be on people's lips all year.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Heh, yeah --- I'm pretty sure the game will be forgotten months before the Fall shooters come out; even though many people were addicted to the beta that had only two maps.

Definitely believable.

The release is gonna be fucking crazy and they will establish a solid foundation. Just dont see any legs. Especially after a combination of Destiny, Halo, and CoD hit later this year.

antitrop

The release is gonna be fucking crazy and they will establish a solid foundation. Just dont see any legs. Especially after a combination of Destiny, Halo, and CoD hit later this year.

Who gives a shit about Sledgehammer CoD? I hated Modern Warfare 3.

Wait, is this year's CoD going to be a good CoD or a bad CoD? I'm losing track...

that is when things are going to get juicy in the FPS world can't wait for it to happen

I hope Destiny crushes the competition. I want to see more shooters that promote longevity through an actual gameplay experience, like Borderlands.

Bgamer90

Banned

All those games come out after E3 though. I do agree that Titanfall will probably lose a bit of its buzz when those games come out; well more so just Destiny and Halo. I think COD is beginning to lose a decent amount of its mainstream appeal due to yearly releases + Ghosts being disappointing to many people.

Yeah...no. This game will be all the rage until the next game in the series drops.

I think this game's going to have issues, nothing to do with it's graphics but the fact that it's catering to what I can only imagine is a small fraction of the game playing audience: competitive online MP enthusiasts on 360/PC/X1, who like futuristic scifi, and are willing to pay $60 and not get a single player campaign or any kind of offline mode.

Those players exist, for sure, but not in any kind of numbers like the audience for the average CoD game.

Wait, is this year's CoD going to be a good CoD or a bad CoD? I'm losing track...
Unknown, it's Sledgehammer this year.

I think they're now on the "two bad ones then a good one" schedule. 2015.

Yeah, I was under the impression Treyarch's stepped up to be the good (or best, anyway) CoD developer and Infinity Ward has sunk into a deep depression. I really have no idea what to make of Sledgehammer. I guess it'll be interesting to see, at least.

antitrop

Yeah, I was under the impression Treyarch's stepped up to be the good (or best, anyway) CoD developer and Infinity Ward has sunk into a deep depression. I really have no idea what to make of Sledgehammer. I guess it'll be interesting to see, at least.
I can't possibly imagine what they could do to get me to turn off Titanfall for CoD, it's just not going to happen.

They sure have an uphill battle to make people give a shit, this year.

This is a monster year for FPS. Last year was shit for FPS and people still hated Ghosts.

As a general rule, statements like "failing at life" (in relation to other posters) are frowned upon. You can call their argument stupid, you can call [insert thing person likes] terrible, but you should try to avoid directly casting aspersions on the people who are making those arguments or enjoying those things.

Good Example: "Knack is terrible and I don't understand how anyone could like it."
Bad Example: "Knack is terrible and everyone who likes it is clearly a blithering idiot."

Please note these statements are for example purposes only. I have not played Knack and have no opinion on it, or the people who play it. Offer void in AL, TN, SC, and VA.

Trying to follow the example laid out previously by Imperfected...

Sub_Level, your opinion is absolutely insane and completely out of touch with reality. Your personal feelings (whatever they may be) appear to be clouding your analysis. What are you basing your opinion on? And where does Halo even come into play this year? An anniversary edition for a 10-year-old game won't take away any attention from the hot new shooter IP.

I'm sure that you are quite the nice guy and no ill will is directed to you as a fellow human being.

It doesn't matter if Halo, destiny or COD are coming this year.

Titanfall is going to have its own dedicated fanbase who will be playing the game for a very long time. Yes some will play more destiny, some will move to Halo, some will go to COD

But people will always make time for a few matches of Titanfall.

The only thing that is going to happen in the fall is its going to become less of a system seller and more just a cool game to own. 7 months after release, it think it will have served its purpose anyway.

Honestly, If i was an X1 owner and wasnt interested in shooters id kinda be getting worried at this point.

iMax

Who gives a shit about Sledgehammer CoD? I hated Modern Warfare 3.

Considering they were dealing with a lesser-form of the Infinity Ward we're used to now, I'd say they did a pretty good job. The studio has great pedigree, too.

I think the game was a lot of fun in the beta but I am waiting on the reveal of other modes and ways of playing than just team death match and domination.

If I feel the game has enough variety I'll get the PC version but otherwise I see myself continuing to play battlefield 4.

I think this game's going to have issues, nothing to do with it's graphics but the fact that it's catering to what I can only imagine is a small fraction of the game playing audience: competitive online MP enthusiasts on 360/PC/X1, who like futuristic scifi, and are willing to pay $60 and not get a single player campaign or any kind of offline mode.

Those players exist, for sure, but not in any kind of numbers like the audience for the average CoD game.

Unknown, it's Sledgehammer this year.

I bet most CoD players don't play the single player.

The real problem with Titanfall is that it's not as competitive as player only multiplayer games and competition is what gives multiplayer games legs. Real bomb will drop if and when Titanfall 2 comes out with 64 players and no bots. Frostbyte is begging to be used for the sequel. One can dream right? The only downside is that if Respawn chooses to use Frostbyte, they'll likely stay with EA.

I can't possibly imagine what they could do to get me to turn off Titanfall for CoD, it's just not going to happen.

This is a monster year for FPS. Last year was shit for FPS and people still hated Ghosts.

I could believe Treyarch might come up with something. They're pretty inventive, and seem like they're getting more and more creative license as time goes on. I'm guessing Sledgehammer is being kept pretty close to the "script" until they prove themselves, though, so if I had to hazard a guess it will probably be CoD by-the-numbers.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, though. I'm willing to give them a shot.

Titanfall is going to have its own dedicated fanbase who will be playing the game for a very long time. Yes some will play more destiny, some will move to Halo, some will go to COD

The only thing that is going to happen in the fall is its going to become less of a system seller and more just a cool game to own. 7 months after release, it think it will have served its purpose anyway.

Honestly, If i was an X1 owner and wasnt interested in shooters id kinda be getting worried at this point.
Hell I'm still playing Team Fortress 2 daily and that was released a long time ago. Good games get very dedicated fanbases.

iMax

I could believe Treyarch might come up with something. They're pretty inventive, and seem like they're getting more and more creative license as time goes on. I'm guessing Sledgehammer is being kept pretty close to the "script" until they prove themselves, though, so if I had to hazard a guess it will probably be CoD by-the-numbers.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, though. I'm willing to give them a shot.

It'd be nice to see Treyarch on some new IP. One can dream.

I bet most CoD players don't play the single player.

The real problem with Titanfall is that it's not as competitive as player only multiplayer games and competition is what gives multiplayer games legs. Real bomb will drop if and when Titanfall 2 comes out with 64 players and no bots. Frostbyte is begging to be used for the sequel. One can dream right? The only downside is that if Respawn chooses to use Frostbyte, they'll likely stay with EA.
There's no real way to know for sure, but I suspect the opposite, that most CoD players do play the campaign at some point.

rdrr gnr

Just a couple of points here:

The success of titles is front-loaded more than ever. I feel like the general zeitgeist of AAA gaming follows similarly: People play the hyped game of the month and move on to next big thing or return to their staple. That staple has absolutely been Call of Duty for the last 5 years. The problem with so many creatively bankrupt games that have chased after the same audience (I'm looking at you MoH) is that they didn't represent enough of a departure from that Call of Duty formula (some did like BC2 and BF3, both of which were hugely successful), so gamers simply returned to purer more potent form of that same experience -- Call of Duty. Getting back to your point, I think looking at TF six months down the line will be the true litmus test for whether this franchise has the potential some claim or whether it is ultimately "CoD with mechs." I think it'll much together for the masses than it will be for you; it does matter if players leave. TF does not want to be Halo in the sense that people buy the game and stop playing weeks later (huge drop-off in MP numbers). Halo is still a relevant, popular franchise but it was absolutely neutered by CoD.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
You and I both. Got them withdrawals bad.

GD1A42Q.png

Damn didnt realize its just 9 days away?

So how many of you guys are going to get it on XB1. I mean especially the ones who have both, a capable PC and an Xbox One. In my case, i will be getting it on PC since i don't own an Xbox One and i don't really want to play it on X360.

iMax

So how many of you guys are going to get it on XB1. I mean especially the ones who have both, a capable PC and an Xbox One. In my case, i will be getting it on PC since i don't own an Xbox One and i don't really want to play it on X360.

I am, yeah. Speaking of, is there any way of downloading it on March 11 if we're not in the US?

Gorillaz

Titanfall buzz will keep up probably till e3. By then we should be getting a shit ton of Destiny, halo, etc news coming out that most if not all games released this half of 2014 will die down. Then the holiday rush in the fall....

hopefully they add modes or gametypes

Raide

Fine by me. Just spend time tweaking the performance to nail the 60fps and maybe some addition tweaks to display those textures a little better.

wotta

Something had to give and it seems like it was the graphics, although with so little time until release, we still no nothing officially about the contents of the disc. I know a lot has been leaked, but until someone comes out and confirms, we don't really know what is on the disc.

EGM1966

I little disappointing. I was hoping for a little jump in visuals for final. Game seems fun and smooth enough (on PC anyway) but still looks a little rough visually for me.

If cboat was wrong.. I can't blame him TF still has that look like a current gen gen. I hope he won't be banned though. We can't and shouldn't expect cboat to be right every time.

Is it possible that CBOAT got fed wrong information so that the ninjas can get him?
If that is the case, is CBOAT useful to us anymore?

He's the hero GAF deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom