• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visions of Mana Releases August 29 | Launch Date Trailer Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

J8iuogD.png

GP3kHWSWQAAeMA3

GP3mZT1XMAAU3iZ

Visions of Mana is a brand new title in this series revolving around the sacred sword and mana.Val, the protagonist, and his childhood friend Hinna, the newly appointed Alm of Fire, set off on a journey to the Mana Tree. Learn important information about the game on 12th June at 11:45 BST/03:45 PDT

Last edited:

Pejo

I'm legitimately blown away by this trailer. So vibrant and it's using the Trials of Mana art style, which I think is really good for this type of game.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm incredibly hyped for a S-E game again for the first time in like 5+ years. The male character designs are a little eehhhh, but everything else is top notch.

I LOVED my time with Trials of Mana remake, so I'm definitely in day one with this game.

Off topic: If they really are remaking FF9, I wish this is the visual style they'd go with. It would look great with the FF9 aesthetic.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
One would guess that a queen could afford a pair of pants. :goog_relieved:

Stafford

Same. Hopefully someone will make a de-translation mod soon after release like they did for Trials, closer to the Japanese names.

I'm not really sure what that means? If you just select Japanese voices on console you should be good to go? :)

That's assuming it offers the option because if not I'm not gonna bother with the game. I can't stand these English dubs.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Looks good, similar to the other times they showed it but now showing some cinematic clips that are nice. Definitely a very colorful game, which is nice.

darth.shrimp

Gold Member
I'm not really sure what that means? If you just select Japanese voices on console you should be good to go? :)

That's assuming it offers the option because if not I'm not gonna bother with the game. I can't stand these English dubs.
Sure, you can use the Japanese voices, but the text will still use the localized names, which can make things awkward when you do understand some Japanese, as the names will be different (for example the characters will call the light spirit "Wisp", but the text will call him "Lumina", same for some locations etc). There's a mod that changes the localized text to make names closer to what is being said when using the Japanese voices.

cireza

Can't help but feel a bit mixed with the gameplay bits that are shown. Aerial combat doesn't look very engaging, should have stayed on the ground. I fear that this might lead to needlessly long encounters repeating the same two combos constantly. Repeating a single or couple ground attacks would have been a better solution in my opinion. Keep it simpler. But maybe this is still a possibility, can't tell for sure.

Last edited:

Stafford

Sure, you can use the Japanese voices, but the text will still use the localized names, which can make things awkward when you do understand some Japanese, as the names will be different (for example the characters will call the light spirit "Wisp", but the text will call him "Lumina", same for some locations etc). There's a mod that changes the localized text to make names closer to what is being said when using the Japanese voices.

Aaaah got it, I understand now. Thanks.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
5 playable characters + class system based on which elementals you have equipped. This sounds really fucking cool. Day 1 for me. This is my most anticipated game of the year.

Shake Your Rump

Gold Member
I just moved this preorder over to Trails through Daybreak. I guess I will have to trade in another game towards this after all.

I played the Trials of Mana demo and loved it. Bought the game immediately… and it’s still in shrink wrap.

Working through Blue Dragon (360) then will play Trails, then Trials… let’s see if I can squeeze it all in.

Exentryk

Gameplay actually looks alright and this trailer was pretty good. I'd probably have gotten it day 1 if it weren't for Wukong releasing in Aug. Still, I'll come back for this.

ssringo

Gold Member
I hate Val's hair. Reminds me of the androgynous combover style. Just missing the shaved side. Blech.

Still the game looks good. Will probably get lost between the big name/budget releases its sandwiched between but I'm not interested in them so it's a perfect date for me.

miklonus

PS4!? Stop supporting that god damn console! 5 and X and PC only! Edit - The 4 won't die and Series S was a mistake.

Last edited:

KàIRóS

Holy shit I wasn't expecting a Class system, the one in Trials of Mana was super good, what is this hidden gem Square is prepping here man, Day 1 for sure.

AREYOUOKAY?

Really want it for Switch 2 or whatever it’s called but if I must I’ll go for PS5.

I find it interesting that it still mentions PS4 in the trailer when most stores don’t even offer it including their own. Digital only?

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
PS4!? Stop supporting that god damn console! 5 and X and PC only! Edit - The 4 won't die and Series S was a mistake.
They won’t die because people were begging for back compat before this generation released. Well, they got it, but didn’t think it through,

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
There’s no reason not to support it. The game doesn’t commend the budget or scale to be a next-gen exclusive.

Top Bottom