• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
hm. i guess we don't need to spend too much time talking about this because its fucking donald trump, but after reading that excerpt in the OP twice i don't see any explicit sexual assault references. just sounds like a rich and powerful dude with a tiny dick bragging to one of his friends. "grab them by the pussy" likely isn't literal. likely he's just talking shit.

They let you do it, they let you. He is talking about because of his status that he can just grab them by the pussy.

pestul

hm. i guess we don't need to spend too much time talking about this because its fucking donald trump, but after reading that excerpt in the OP twice i don't see any explicit sexual assault references. just sounds like a rich and powerful dude with a tiny dick bragging to one of his friends. "grab them by the pussy" likely isn't literal. likely he's just talking shit.
You need to watch the video. The transcript has much less impact. The video gives it a much more chilling feeling the way they talk about Arianne as she approaches.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
yeah but that's post referendum

when trump loses (hopefully when and not if), i'm expecting worse
Sure. Totally. Not trying to defend Trump here. Or even Clinton really.

Still... Wasn't a politician murdered over Brexit? Or was that coincidental?

It seems like a circus either way

So we are left with three categories of republicans, I guess:
a) the shitstains, who are still supporting trump
b) the cowards, who supported trump but are now fleeing ship
c) those who actually never accepted to back Trump (who counts among those, actually? Kasich?)

I wonder if c) will get any electoral advantage in the long run, after what hopefully will be a total rout of the worst candidate in the US history.

Izuna

Banned
True, racism and xenophobia are just "normal" political stuff.

You're saying it isn't?

Sure. Totally. Not trying to defend Trump here. Or even Clinton really.

Still... Wasn't a politician murdered over Brexit? Or was that coincidental?

It seems like a circus either way

Oh ;( I had forgotten about that.

I also forgot how they flew a fucking Brexit plane over her memorial to fucking rub it in.

goddamnit... rip

jo-cox.jpg

lawnchair

Banned
They let you do it, they let you. He is talking about because of his status that he can just grab them by the pussy.

seems to me like a rich powerful guy just bragging, likely exaggerating, possibly lying. when men talk about sex/women with other men this happens all the time. that type of stuff shouldn't necessarily be taken at face value.. it's not just "alpha male boasting", a lot of men do that.

anyway, i'm totally fine if this is the thing that destroys trump, he needs to be destroyed. i'm not reading that excerpt and getting "he's a rapist" out of it in any way though. no big deal. i'm not gonna watch the video because i'm sick of that guys stupid face.

Oersted

Yeah we have a while to go before we reach that dignified point at which politicians start punching each-other till their brains bleed.

If Hulk Hogan makes a run-in tonight to save his b.....r, I wouldn't be particularly surprised at this point

a lot of men do that.

No. I don't brag about getting away with sexual assault. Maybe you, maybe your best friend, but most of us don't.

Of course they try. But how you know how that makes them look.

The thing is, Alpha Male boasting/attitude and the "I take what I want because I CAN/I HAVE THE POWER TO DO SO" logic isn't something that benefits a civilized, progressive society that is striving towards equality (if anything, it is holding it back). A lot of people hate assholes. Go figure! Some people seem surprised that asshole and sexist behavior isn't being condoned Kinda makes me wonder how these people grew up and how their conditioning of the world by the people around them has failed them.

You're interpreting it the wrong way then. He has a history of literally grabbing women like that in the workplace.

lawnchair

Banned
No. I don't brag about getting away with sexual assault. Maybe you, maybe your best friend, but most of us don't.

i've heard so much exaggerated sexual talk bullshit from dudes over the years. it's pretty common in my experience. i guess i'm thinking of mostly younger (highschool/college) age people.

hold up though, gotta go call my best friend to brag about sexual assault. hahah.

Ithil

Why is that "likely"?

Oersted

i've heard so much exaggerated sexual talk bullshit from dudes over the years. it's pretty common in my experience. i guess i'm thinking of mostly younger (highschool/college) age people.

hold up though, gotta go call my best friend to brag about sexual assault. hahah.

This is just stupid and sickening.

seems to me like a rich powerful guy just bragging, likely exaggerating, possibly lying. when men talk about sex/women with other men this happens all the time. that type of stuff shouldn't necessarily be taken at face value.. it's not just "alpha male boasting", a lot of men do that.

anyway, i'm totally fine if this is the thing that destroys trump, he needs to be destroyed. i'm not reading that excerpt and getting "he's a rapist" out of it in any way though. no big deal. i'm not gonna watch the video because i'm sick of that guys stupid face.

Sorry no. Guys don't talk about sexual assault, that is seemingly what you are missing here. This isn't average banter, that girl is fucking hot, jesus look at her ass, god I would love to get her in bed, etc. This is I'm rich and when you are like me you can walk up to them and just grab em by the pussy.

Punjicide

So we are left with three categories of republicans, I guess:
a) the shitstains, who are still supporting trump
b) the cowards, who supported trump but are now fleeing ship
c) those who actually never accepted to back Trump (who counts among those, actually? Kasich?)

I wonder if c) will get any electoral advantage in the long run, after what hopefully will be a total rout of the worst candidate in the US history.

I would certainly hope that those who continue to support Trump and those who are just now pulling support will have their political careers tarnished, if not ended entirely. It's embarrassing that we even got to this point.

RPGCrazied

Once again, the dude was 60 when he said this. 60! Not 18 going on 28, 60. You can't use boys will be boys bullshit on this. Even still, anyone saying this is gross.

Loudninja

Man people still saying this after 77 pages.

So obtuse, shits gross. The haha, is gonna make me vomit, brb.

Man people still saying this after 77 pages.

Yep, and doubling down.

i'm not reading that'm not gonna watch the video because i'm sick of that guys stupid face.
My immediate reaction to this was 'you should really watch the video' and then I realised I haven't watched it either, simply because I'm sick of his stupid face! Fair enough really.

Well, i'll give Trump this, he did speak some truth ... somebody is doing the raping.

And judging from the posts in this thread saying it's just a normal thing that men say (or do), whelp...

lawnchair

Banned
This is just stupid and sickening.

maybe so, but it's reality in my experience.

Sorry no. Guys don't talk about sexual assault, that is seemingly what you are missing here. This isn't average banter, that girl is fucking hot, jesus look at her ass, god I would love to get her in bed, etc. This is I'm rich and when you are like me you can walk up to them and just grab em by the pussy.

i don't think guys generally brag about sexual assault. guys do brag about/exaggerate all sorts of other sex-related stuff with women though. what we're reading could be the average banter of a multimillionaire pussyhound. how would we know? are you on a conversational basis with anyone like that?

i don't know a lot about trump, all i did was read the excerpt in the OP and type my reaction. i'm not defending the dude, i'm just saying that what i read didn't come off as a description of sexual assault.

rothgar

Gulliani on Meet the Press, "Both candidates have sinned, let's move on from this". "Bill Clinton is a rapist ". Human trash

Kerned

Banned

i don't think guys generally brag about sexual assault. guys do brag about/exaggerate all sorts of other sex-related stuff with women though. what we're reading could be the average banter of a multimillionaire pussyhound. how would we know? are you on a conversational basis with anyone like that?

i don't know a lot about trump, all i did was read the excerpt in the OP and type my reaction. i'm not defending the dude, i'm just saying that what i read didn't come off as a description of sexual assault.

Ok, you're just wrong here. It is very literally a description of sexual assault.

Ozigizo

Your ignorance is really showing. Did you even bother to read any of the other posts or the thread title?

theWB27

The action makes it assault dude.

So fair, I've seen some wonderful excuses to explain away Trump's comments. One that there are plenty of Trump impersonators, so that cant be him. Another claiming that Planned Parenthood does way worse than this on a constant basis. One claiming that Clinton is also someone who constantly cheats on her husband. And many many more that say this is all just a front to get away from the "real" issues at hand, which is the stuff they have on Clinton from their echo chambers.

The Republican party is toxic, and many young voters, who mostly have a conservative look on the economy, aren't going to want to be a part of this mess. This has gone way too far and anyone with a bit of sense saw this outcome coming from a mile away.

But no, the real issues are abortions and gay marriages. That's what we need to stop.

Both parties are going to be in shambles, but at least the Democratic party could pull itself back together. Republicans are better just scrapping the whole thing at this point.

Pizoxuat

No, it's literal. He has been sued for sexually assault a woman in exactly that way.

lawnchair

Banned

i was trying to poke fun at the fact that because i mentioned that men commonly say stupid exaggerated shit about their experiences with women, someone else implied that maybe me and my best friend brag about sexual assault with eachother. which kinda seemed like a jump, to me..

i was trying to poke fun at the fact that because i mentioned that men commonly say stupid exaggerated shit about their experiences with women, someone else implied that maybe me and my best friend brag about sexual assault with eachother. which kinda seemed like a jump, to me..

Fuck off with that noise. This isn't about you, this is about what Trump said and his comment was about sexual assault. The fact that you don't see a difference between average banter and they let me just grab em in the pussy is fucking absurd.

Socivol

I just read this: According to Politico, after watching a video of Trump’s remarks, “10 percent of Republicans said the video gave them a positive feeling,”

What the entire fuck is going on in this country?

Oersted

Men exaggerate about the amount of women they slept with, who they slept with and with how many at the same time (threesomes etc)

If you brag about assault and getting away with it, than fuck off

Zaphrynn

In normal guy talk, you and your friends brag about grabbing and kissing girls without their permission? Because that is literally what Trump said. If this is normal guy talk that you're used to, then it's reasonable to think that your friends talk like this. Hence why someone implied that. They drew a parallel.

If someone brags about abusing women, then they probably do. They think it's a positive. So why wouldn't they do it? If anything, they are saying it's ok. A brag is supposed to make you look good. If Trump thinks doing whatever the fuck he wants to women looks good, why wouldn't he do it? He has the power.

I know I'm basically saying the same thing over and over here, but come on. Let's not be obtuse.

Gentlemen: if your friends brag about abusing or assaulting women, understand that your friends probably do abuse and assault women. Or they're at least the type of person that thinks this behavior is admirable or ok.

There's nothing to it. That's it.

Corto

And Trump didn't acknowledge the sexual assault part in his "apology" at all. If it was just words he would right from the start say that he never behaved like he was boasting about in the recording. It was just him exaggerating and bragging about his position to try to impress others around him. He didn't do so though. And the most likely reason he didn't do it it's because he knows very well that he did exactly what he was bragging about.

You're hanging out with shitty people. And again, this is a guy who routinely does sexually assault people. He's just bragging yeah, but he's bragging about stuff he actually does.

Ummm..alright.

There are no decency rules between 10pm and 6am

Really? Haven't watched regular tv in so long..

I feel like this post reveals more about you than you would want it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom