• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your Switch travel case solution (if any)?

ChrisD

So long as I don't get screwed over with the Master Edition that was pre-ordered going belly up, I'll be using the case that comes with that.

SickBoy

Regarding a screen protector, I think the need for one really depends on a lot of factors: how you use your Switch (is it a carry-around portable, or just something you pull out of the dock to play around your house), how you treat it, as well as how susceptible the screen is to scratching in the first place.

I've probably said it before in this thread, but I got the Nintendo case in part because of the included screen protector. So I'll apply it and then see if I hate it. In general, I can't stand them. But my kids will be playing the Switch, and surely it will go with us on vacation this summer for play in the car. So I like the idea that the screen will be protected.

(On the other hand, my first-gen iPad, which has been in use by the kids for several years now, has a couple of scuffs and one scratch, but they're nearly unnoticeable while the screen is in use... and they're likely to be supervised more while using the Switch... never mind the fact that they're also several years older and — in theory — more careful).

Coffinhal

They're not trolling. It's a giant Sheikah eyeball. It doesn't look sleek, it doesn't look cool and it sure isn't attractive from this view point. I'm actually curious why others think it's interesting (the case in particular, I suppose).

I don't want to carry anything around inside that either and also think it's unsightly. It's thematically involved, yes, but not aesthetically appealing to me just like it isn't to them.

It's not an appealing design. Screaming "TROLL" doesn't change that.

Thank you for these beautiful posts but I don't see any word backing up the "this is ugly and you're wrong because I say it's ugly" theory.

Running with the same words all over again with no explanation doesn't change the vacuousness of that kind of post. Lying (where did I "scream" ?) and avoiding the points that are not in your favour (the underwear thing) won't change that either. Grow up.

I'm getting all of these at launch:

I'm getting all of these because I need to do unboxing videos for work, and these seem the most varied and interesting. Not sure if I'll go with the RDS case, the Zelda special edition case, or the official Nintendo one for personal use.

As for the backpack, I'm just super curious what the hell that looks like inside and if I can use it for other things too! (A Nintendo Switch branded backpack sounds kinda cool.)

Oh hell yeah! Thank you! Really looking forward to your video on the backpack. Please post it here.

I wanna know what the backpack looks like. Also I wish it didnt have the branding. Without that it'd actually be pretty sharp looking

brad-t

Thank you for these beautiful posts but I don't see any word backing up the "this is ugly and you're wrong because I say it's ugly" theory.

Running with the same words all over again with no explanation doesn't change the vacuousness of that kind of post. Lying (where did I "scream" ?) and avoiding the points that are not in your favour (the underwear thing) won't change that either. Grow up.

I mean ... people are allowed to think something is ugly. You're really overreacting to what was a pretty harmless comment.

I passed on this edition too because I thought the case was pretty ugly and gaudy looking, and that rubberized material will likely get pretty gross over time.

sugarless

I've preordered the official one but it is black so kinda boring. I like the look of this one and it's a lot cheaper, but am not sure about non-licensed cases that are designed before the console is available...

Branduil

Switch is going to be the first time I get a case for a handheld, I guess. Not much point with their older ones, especially the DS line. I'd like to get the official one with blue trim they only sell on the JP store right now, but who knows if it will ever be available again.

Lexxism

Yup, those biogenik cases look really good. I'm actually thinking of getting the travel case pro which cost 14.99. Pretty much other cases are in the 19.99+ range

GDGF

Soothsayer
Just preordered the one below. Now I just need an eshop card and I'm all set for launch <3

F1pyduN.jpg

Jawmuncher

I'm still thinking of which to get. I like the internals of the PDP mario and zelda cases. But I don't like the outside.

sugarless

Some of those nicer looking ones like Surge don't seem to be for sale on Amazon UK. I now have my eye on this one, as it looks simple and I like blue. Not sure about the elastic straps though.

Phoenixus

What's your budget for stuff to review? :p

Posted this one earlier but no pic, so here goes again with a pic:

rgLd0gI.jpg

http://www.play-asia.com/front-cover-for-nintendo-switch-black/13/70aw5h

Just a front flip cover thing like the Apple iPad covers, looks like it has vents for the top and can stay attached while docked, vs the other folio ones that presumably need to be taken off. Curious how it attaches, like if there's some points or just...sticks on?

There's also a bunch of other Japanese products that I haven't seen on Amazon (US at least).

Just catching up on this thread and wanted to say thanks for mentioning this, exactly what I've wanted since the Switch form factor was revealed. Those types of covers work great for tablets and should be a natural fit for the Switch.

japtor

I was thinking about it a bit more and it might be kind of annoying for handheld play though, unless it secures itself on the back somehow.

For now I'm going with...nothing probably, or leaning towards a basic sleeve or one of the PDP cases with the gray Mario pattern.

I was thinking about it a bit more and it might be kind of annoying for handheld play though, unless it secures itself on the back somehow.

For now I'm going with...nothing probably, or leaning towards a basic sleeve or one of the PDP cases with the gray Mario pattern.
I think with the bulk of your hands being on the joycons and maybe the lower few fingers resting against the flipped back cover, it won't be too annoying.

I have a folio style case for my iPad and it's a little annoying to have it flapping back there when it's open, but I also have all my fingers on it which doesn't feel the best. I'd get a similar style case for the Switch, but anything that surrounds the tablet part completely I'm sure won't let it fit in the dock.

I just need to know how this thing attaches itself to the Switch. Magnets would be cool, but I don't know if the Switch supports that like the iPad.

I'm getting all of these at launch

I'm getting all of these because I need to do unboxing videos for work, and these seem the most varied and interesting. Not sure if I'll go with the RDS case, the Zelda special edition case, or the official Nintendo one for personal use.

As for the backpack, I'm just super curious what the hell that looks like inside and if I can use it for other things too! (A Nintendo Switch branded backpack sounds kinda cool.)

Please post impressions. I'm holding out for reviews.

greelay

Poking around Amazon a bit, I'm kind of tempted by this case from Surge.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6RMR30/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Looks slim, sturdy, and easy to toss into a bigger bag for longer trips. I do wish it looked a little nicer than the standard gray (that PDP case being commonly mentioned looks class), but this is affordable and does everything else I'm looking for nicely.

I think I am going for this one as well. It seems like it is the cheapest hard cover one available. Maybe I missed one though.

I have this preordered (I'm worried you can't dock with it but I will be playing undocked a large % of the time so its okay)

In addition I have the Zelda collectors edition which comes with a case for the entire system.

the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-01-12-17-1.jpg

I also ordered the special edition, but every time I see that cream colored eye - I cannot unsee a penis.

Insert thatsapenis gif lol

So, I also ordered this:

BIGBEN-Nintendo-Switch-Deluxe-Travelcase-(Zelda%3A-Breath-of-the-Wild)-Zwart

sugarless

Some of those nicer looking ones like Surge don't seem to be for sale on Amazon UK. I now have my eye on this one, as it looks simple and I like blue. Not sure about the elastic straps though.

Wow so the seller is called AVIDET UK but is actually Chinese and based in Guangdong so this thing wouldn't be arriving until the end of March. That's a kind of dishonest seller name.

Salaadin

I'm going with the PDP case but I really wish they'd update us on the shipping date though. They're still listed as being released on March 3 but have a notation on the bottom of the page saying that orders placed after 2/7 might not be fulfilled until May. I ordered mine on 2/8 so I'm hoping I still make the cut.

Mandelbo

What's your budget for stuff to review? :p

Posted this one earlier but no pic, so here goes again with a pic:

rgLd0gI.jpg

http://www.play-asia.com/front-cover-for-nintendo-switch-black/13/70aw5h

Just a front flip cover thing like the Apple iPad covers, looks like it has vents for the top and can stay attached while docked, vs the other folio ones that presumably need to be taken off. Curious how it attaches, like if there's some points or just...sticks on?

There's also a bunch of other Japanese products that I haven't seen on Amazon (US at least).

Oh my god this is fantastic, literally the exact kind of thing I've wanted - just a cover, not an entire suitcase. Really hope this comes to the UK at some point, although I suppose I could just get it from play asia if it doesn't.

JPS Kai

I'm fine with the Zelda CE case.

Zipper cases don't bother me and I hope it's sturdy enough to bring along in my work bag.

The Vita first edition bundle case has survived the entire life of the console this far and I hope other case makers take note.

unbiasedgamer

Neo Member
I've looked everywhere and I haven't seen a switch with a wrist strap. I love it on my Vita, it's saved it from multiple fall over time. I hope there is a way to hook one up.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh my god this is fantastic, literally the exact kind of thing I've wanted - just a cover, not an entire suitcase. Really hope this comes to the UK at some point, although I suppose I could just get it from play asia if it doesn't.

Just wait for Mike to go back to Japan.

Lucifon

So, I also ordered this:

BIGBEN-Nintendo-Switch-Deluxe-Travelcase-(Zelda%3A-Breath-of-the-Wild)-Zwart

Just ordered this in the UK. Doesn't seem bad for £20. Especially with the game cases, sd card cases and protection for the full system. Should do me for a while. If there's times when I bring the whole system with dock then I'll just carry those separately.

dl77

Is there anywhere in the UK selling this case?

PDP-Nintendo-Switch-Premium-Console-Case-937x1024.jpg

Can't find it anywhere. Don't know what it's called though so that probably doesn't help the search!

Top Bottom