• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your Switch travel case solution (if any)?

unbiasedgamer

Neo Member
Just listed on Best Buy
Link

5729902_sd.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000

5729902cv12d.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000

Lgndryhr

That has been on Best Buy for a while actually. Someone even posted about it in this thread a few pages back I believe.

Jerm411

I wonder when we'll start seeing hard shell cases that can fit around it with the Joy-Cons....talking cases like the Nerf one for the Vita or whatever.

Coreda

I have an occasional habit of buying game systems after they crash, so I picked a Lynx up with a case and some games for around sixty bucks a couple decades ago. Turns out that the switch is pretty close in size (save for being a crazy percent thinner!), so I'm going to pop it into one of these and maybe clip it to my belt with a carabiner, something like that.

This thread is making me realize we're traveling back to the 90s era of Sega Game Gear and Lynx in handheld sizes and cases/bags :p
Game Gear 4eva

Most of the cases in this thread look too similar to the TDK speaker/CD cases that I owned 10 years ago. I prefer the idea of a screen-only protector, or a compact bag that doubled for other devices.

mapGahN.jpg

tuhbakie

Banned
None as of now. If I go on vacation I'll look into a travel case. It's not as if I'm actually taking this thing on campus or to parties, come on.

I'll just be using the one that comes with the BOTW special edition, but I would probably just use the official Nintendo one otherwise

DarkKyo

I didn't want to make a new thread for it but I was wondering what is the brand of screen protector most are going with? I want one at launch but want to make sure I go with the right brand.

I didn't want to make a new thread for it but I was wondering what is the brand of screen protector most are going with? I want one at launch but want to make sure I go with the right brand.

Get a Hori protector. They've really nailed down the application process to make it easy to put on and bubble free. I've used them on three different 3DS systems now and you can't even tell it's on there.

jax

Banned

BooJoh

This is the one I might go with, since I plan on carrying it in pocket with Joy-Con detatched

Note it doesn't cover the vents, so pocket lint may get inside the system. Also looks like you might have to remove a JoyCon and slide the cover off before you can dock the system. Seems like a soft pouch like the old Club Nintendo ones might be better for a pocket if you can find a pouch that fits.

Lexxism

I just saw someone at youtube got an early case for the switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKmQoM5_RI4<q class="ytm_descr ytm_block" data-full="The very first pair of Nintendo Switch accessories hit my desk today, both available by Nintendo Switch Launch day, So lets take a look!

Cheers to Video game accessory peeps, @BluemouthInt who bring a bunch of brands onto Aussie shelves. https://twitter.com/BluemouthInt

For more Nintendo Switch accessories see my video
“12 Useful Accessories For NINTENDO SWITCH” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-aCS0EvLx4" title="Click to toggle the length of the description.">The very first pair of Nintendo Switch accessories hit my desk today, both available by Nintendo Switch Launch day, So lets take a . . .

It should be the RDS Nintendo Switch Game Traveler Deluxe Travel Case
Boooo. Why isn't this available in Canada? :(

I´d only take it out of the dock when i visit my parents for a weekend. So i´ll just throw it in the bag with the dirty clothes i take with me. Good enough.

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
I just saw someone at youtube got an early case for the switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKmQoM5_RI4

It should be the RDS Nintendo Switch Game Traveler Deluxe Travel Case

Now I'm torn.

I originally had this case pre-ordered, but now after seeing the review for the Zelda themed version above of this case, I can't decide which one would be the better choice.

I'm thinking of just sticking with what I've got, but it is tempting to.. Switch.

SiDCrAzY

Now I'm torn.

I originally had this case pre-ordered, but now after seeing the review for the Zelda themed version above of this case, I can't decide which one would be the better choice.

I'm thinking of just sticking with what I've got, but it is tempting to.. Switch.

I switched from that very same case.

Figured the added space for maybe a pair of headphones/USB cable and the fact that it seems easier put the Switch away was worth it. The PDP case has more cartridge slots, but I can just use the pocket on the RDS case for more cartridges if I need to.

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
I switched from that very same case.

Figured the added space for maybe a pair of headphones/USB cable and the fact that it seems easier put the Switch away was worth it. The PDP case has more cartridge slots, but I can just use the pocket on the RDS case for more cartridges if I need to.

Is it worth the extra 5 bucks? I was thinking that with the PDP case, since the Switch is in a pouch of its own, I can rest the cables on top of it, with the RDS case there is a much smaller pouch to put cables/plug into.

jax

Banned
Note it doesn't cover the vents, so pocket lint may get inside the system. Also looks like you might have to remove a JoyCon and slide the cover off before you can dock the system. Seems like a soft pouch like the old Club Nintendo ones might be better for a pocket if you can find a pouch that fits.

Ugh. Why doesn't a nice easy to remove folio for the tablet portion of the switch exist?

I'd be happy with a thin, low profile case for the entire unit too. How come ever case is ungodly huge? Tempted to just go caseless and see what happens.

SiDCrAzY

Is it worth the extra 5 bucks? I was thinking that with the PDP case, since the Switch is in a pouch of its own, I can rest the cables on top of it, with the RDS case there is a much smaller pouch to put cables/plug into.

I think it's worth it, I didn't really consider putting anything on top of the Switch because the pouch on the PDP case has holes and it could end up scratching up the screen(depending on how strong the Switch screen is).

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
I think it's worth it, I didn't really consider putting anything on top of the Switch because the pouch on the PDP case has holes and it could end up scratching up the screen(depending on how strong the Switch screen is).

Another thing, with the game cases directly underneath the system, without anything in-between them, isn't there a small risk of scratching the back of the system with the hard plastic cases?

Another thing, with the game cases directly underneath the system, without anything in-between them, isn't there a small risk of scratching the back of the system with the hard plastic cases?
They're recessed, so I'm guessing no. It'd be a big design flaw if they made contact with the back of the console.

I know and understand why they have to include it, but seeing the obligatory "device sold separately" always cracks me up. "Gee, are you telling me this $15 case doesn't actually come with a Nintendo Switch?"

I really like the standard case thing, maybe the Zelda one. I'm not getting the Switch right away, but I'm really hoping they'll put out a Splatoon themed one whenever that game comes out.

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
They're recessed, so I'm guessing no. It'd be a big design flaw if they made contact with the back of the console.

Nintendo handhelds have had even bigger design flaws from Nintendo themselves, so I'd imagine it might be even more likely for some rando third party accessory manufacturer to overlook things before the system has even launched.

As long as the cases aren't flush with the system when it's resting on top of them then it should be fine. In the video it looks like they are slightly recessed below the lip, but it's all soft cushioning, so we don't know if when you lay the system on top of it, if the cushioning will compress a little bit until they are touching.

tiijj

Ugh. Why doesn't a nice easy to remove folio for the tablet portion of the switch exist?

I'd be happy with a thin, low profile case for the entire unit too. How come ever case is ungodly huge? Tempted to just go caseless and see what happens.

Some sort of a folio does exist.

It's from a company in japan called cyber.

There's also a few case that only hold the tablet portion.

This one's made by gametec

I know and understand why they have to include it, but seeing the obligatory "device sold separately" always cracks me up. "Gee, are you telling me this $15 case doesn't actually come with a Nintendo Switch?"

You would be surprised at what people will do.

Nintendo handhelds have had even bigger design flaws from Nintendo themselves, so I'd imagine it might be even more likely for some rando third party accessory manufacturer to overlook things before the system has even launched.
Oh sure. I don't know why I even said that, tbh. I think it's because this one appears to be well thought-out with nice attention to detail, and I'd be surprised if they overlooked that.

In any case, doesn't look like it touches the back. You could always put a single game case into the little zipper pouch thing if it's too close for comfort.

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
Oh sure. I don't know why I even said that, tbh. I think it's because this one appears to be well thought-out with nice attention to detail, and I'd be surprised if they overlooked that.

In any case, doesn't look like it touches the back. You could always put a single game case into the little zipper pouch thing if it's too close for comfort.

It's okay, I'm just being overly paranoid. I'm still waffling on whether to keep my current, or go for this one.

DMONKUMA

It's okay, I'm just being overly paranoid. I'm still waffling on whether to keep my current, or go for this one.

You can also notice in the video there is a bottom space for joycons straps next to the game cards space. Don't think it will actually scratch the back of the device tho.

Kitoro

Are you guys actually going to put screen protectors on your Switch?

I'm tempted, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting dust in-between and wind up trashing the protector promptly. :\

Souzetsu

I'm tempted, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting dust in-between and wind up trashing the protector promptly. :\

I might get a tempered glass screen protector. I think that will hold up better than the typical plastic screen protector.

DMONKUMA

I'm tempted, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting dust in-between and wind up trashing the protector promptly. :

Just get the Hori screen protector. It's easy to apply.

tiijj

A tape and a clean dust free environment helps, the tape is a life saver, they can remove the dust stuck on the screen protector with ease.

Top Bottom