• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your Switch travel case solution (if any)?

Just this and my bag

5729902cv12d.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

I'm so late to the party, but where did you get this?

CRA5H

Had time with the Sheikah Slate Case, Hori Touch Pouch, and official Nintendo case.

The Sheikah Case was a very surprising case. I was turned off by the design but that began to change as I kept playing BOTW and now I have a new appreciation for it.
In terms of case essentials, it provides a ton of what anyone would want in a case:

- Protection (very sturdy with it's rubbery solid feeling exterior shell)
- 15 game slots
- Velcro strap to hold the Switch secure
- Mini Pouch on the other side of the case that can hold your powerbanks, hori kick stands, ac adapter, wrist straps, and other accessories (of course not all at once)

This will be my go to for any long distance travelling I'm doing.

Between the HORI touch pouch and the official case. I really wish I could merge the two.
I love the exterior shell of the Hori pouch. It's pretty solid and would definitely protect the switch from compression when stored in a bag full of other stuff. My only gripe is that it fits a little loose when you store in the Switch which of course isn't a great thing. The thickness also is better than the Sheikah Slate but was still a bit bulky for my liking.

This is where the Official Nintendo Case comes into play. This is the slimmest case you can get that actually protects the whole unit, including joycons. It barely fits in my coat/jacket pockets so it's super mobile. The shell isn't as hard as the Hori as it's a different material but still provides enough protection for my liking. It fits pretty snug into the case without making it feel too tight. I wish it came with something else to secure it in.

Ultimately, I decided to keep the Official Case over the HORI pouch because of the slimness of the case. My advice is if you are trying to decide between these two, ask yourself if you care about protection and bulk or having a slim case.

Got my ButterFox case today. It's nice. First like a glove, almost too tight though for my tastes personally, the braiding around the case rubs against it as I put it in, have to push a bit to get it to insert. I don't like when things fit too snugly with a harder material like that as it can wear away at the edges.

I love the look, and it has everything I wanted inside. May cut the straps/bands off though, it already doesn't move at all inside the case, it really doesn't need those.

Sucks that I won't be getting my WaterField one until after April 7th. Until then I'm keeping it my shirt drawer when not in use (I don't like keeping it docked).

Got my ButterFox case today. It's nice. First like a glove, almost too tight though for my tastes personally, the braiding around the case rubs against it as I put it in, have to push a bit to get it to insert. I don't like when things fit too snugly with a harder material like that as it can wear away at the edges.

I love the look, and it has everything I wanted inside. May cut the straps/bands off though, it already doesn't move at all inside the case, it really doesn't need those.
This one looks really nice. The reviews on Amazon all say that it's too tight. Do you think it might cause problems in the long run?

I also wonder why the case manufacturers seem to have problems nailing the "snugness" of the switch cases - the Hori's too wide and this one's too tight.

How you finding it. Same case I've got but yet to use it

So far so good, no scuffs or marks on the switch after a day in my bag. The only issue is the elastic bands that hold the device down, but I'm getting used to working with them, so that problem will probably subside soon.

I don't yet have a power bank, but I'll try and remember to measure the upper pouch (which fits the joycon grips just fine)

Also remembered someone testing their case's outer shell, so I decided to do that for the surge case:

After leaving it like this for about half a minute there was a small indentation on the shell, but that went away a few minutes later. And of course the switch was fine

That's nice. The neon pink joycons look really nice. I skipped on the neon joycons because of the mismatched colors but if I ever buy extra joycons I'll go this route and have them match.

I'm getting the Zelda special edition and it comes with the case. I haven't looked through all 12 pages of the thread so I probably missed pictures of the inside of it but I hope it's good and has room for games. I might get another case though cause as much as i love the art style of the game, the case is a bit too much for me to carry around

Nvm, saw pics of it. Looks good inside. I guess I'll stick with the slate case

phanphare

Banned

this is the one I have ordered. is the snugness an issue? I saw that some reviews were saying that it's so snug the shoulder buttons get pressed while inside. it's pretty much perfect for me otherwise.

Vitacat

Too bad about the tightness. Looks like the RDS is still overall the best fit and design from what I've seen.

JavyOO7

I want the official case... but its sold out everywhere right now, it looks like. So I'll be dumb and save up money for the Waterfield case. =p

tquinta

Neo Member
I'm pretty sure I'm not using it wrong but when I put the switch in the official case the switch logo is technically on the bottom and the Nintendo logo is backwards. Very strange design.

Same here. The inner flap is confusing. The way it naturally falls on the screen is with the net side down (over the screen) that will eventually scratch the system when you load it with games and accessories.

So for you guys with the official case, how are you using it?

this is the one I have ordered. is the snugness an issue? I saw that some reviews were saying that it's so snug the shoulder buttons get pressed while inside. it's pretty much perfect for me otherwise.

Yea I've noticed that is happening. I love the case design but that shouldn't be happening. I can't say if will become an issue or not. It bothers me a little though.

Poppyseed

Same here. The inner flap is confusing. The way it naturally falls on the screen is with the net side down (over the screen) that will eventually scratch the system when you load it with games and accessories.

So for you guys with the official case, how are you using it?

It's not that confusing. The Nintendo logo is on the top. End of discussion. :D

Fliesen

I have this PDP Zelda branded Switch case:

900x.jpg

It seems alright but I definitely wish I could have tried it out before purchasing. The Switch goes into a mesh pouch, which is soft enough, but I always snag the analog sticks when I'm putting it in and out of the pouch. The case itself has little to no padding, but it does offer a lot of slots for Switch carts. I kinda wish I had one that was a little more protective than this thing but it works for the time being.

specifically the reason i didn't go for that case. Also the fact that the mesh doesn't protect the screen against the tiny USB cable you wanna throw into that bag.

After 3 days of carrying my Switch with me in my bag, I'm really happy with my Hori touch pouch. Well worth the money.

deadfolk

The official case is good enough for me. It only needs to protect the screen when I carry it around or put it in a rucksack.

Also, having a screen protector thrown in made me actually attempt to put it on after all the scare stories with people scratching their screens on the dock, and as it was included anyway, I had nothing to lose. Went on okay, but had a couple of bubbles. I decided I would live with it for now.

Fast forward to the following day and the bubbles were magically gone. I think it's the first time I've ever had a perfectly applied screen protector. I usually don't bother because I can't get them applied properly!

Lexxism

I would've preferred a plain case, but didn't want to wait. As of yesterday when I preordered this it stated it was releasing on 3/20. Now I see it says it ships within 1-2 months.

Now I'm wondering if I'm going to be part of the initial shipment of units arriving 3/20 or am I going to be left waiting?
Try checking your order page? It usually says what's the estimated date of arrival.

J4mm1nJ03

I have the Surge case and it's fine, but I may pick up the RDS one today if it's still in stock by the time I'm off work. That's the one I wanted the most but I needed a case on release day, so I went with the Surge for that reason originally. I do sort of like that the Surge case is just an unbranded grey though. Matches my Switch nicely!

Wasp14

I just purchased the $23 Hori tough travel case today. I really like the look and feel of it and believe it'll do the job sufficiently.

Was picking up a pro controller at target this morning and they had an rds case.

Mine is arriving tomorrow, but I got a good look at it and it's not as huge and bulky asi expected from discussions here.

I'll probably start wearing a backpack to work and throw the rds and my tablet in the bag.

Rocking the plain PDP case and honestly, it's great. It does exactly what I need it to do.

The Switch fits in a mesh pocket (admittedly it's a bit tight) but the case is thin, compact, and fits in my bag perfectly. There are slots for game cards, but nothing else. Which is fine for me - I have a 40 minute train ride to and back to work for my commute, so the Switch battery life is A-OK. And I'll bring my charger on planes in a separate bag when I need it.

If you're looking for a simple, no frills case that does the job - this one will do it for ya.

0racle

in terms of chargers, what other charger should I be that works best and is ultra compact? would the charger cable also work as a TV out? or do I NEED the dock for TV out?

jts

...hate me...
Since my Nintendo case got cancelled and until I clear up my mind about what I want, I'm doing it with a cut to size screen protector and a Samsung netbook sleeve. Not totally unhappy tbh.

#slummingit

brau

Just this and my bag

5729902cv12d.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

Is there a link to this kind of cover? I had something similar for my Vita and i prefer this as its more practical to take out of my bag and play, rather than mess with a case.

EDIT: oh wow... this top one has pretty bad reviews overall. Its too bad no solution for this would also make the switch dock nicely.

wow... this one is super nice.

https://www.sfbags.com/collections/nintendo-3ds-cases/products/nintendo-switch-cityslicker-case

Top Bottom